Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has your opinion changed?
I was in favor of impeachment, now I am not. 9 6.00%
I was opposed to impeachment, now I am in favor. 7 4.67%
I have not changed my opinion. 134 89.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 07:51 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,163,063 times

Advertisements

Today's hearing show that the Republicans have no real defense of Trump. The testimony was very damaging.
  • Trump tried to extort Ukraine by holding up the weapons money.
  • Trump planned it in advance and he knew it was wrong -- that's why he circumvented the State Dep't and sent his personal lawyer.
  • Trump obstructed justice by ordering Pompeo, Giuliani and Mulvaney to ignore subpoenas.
The House has a duty to impeach and they will. The only question is whether or not the Senate will put country ahead of party or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 07:56 PM

57,234 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Stormy-Stormy-Stormy ...... FAILED.
Russia - Russia - Russia .......FAILED.
Muller- Muller-Muller ...........FAILED.
Collusion-Delusion ..............FAILED.
Ukraine -Ukraine-Ukraine ....Will FAIL

The Leftists are running out of ways to Remove the President of the United States that Citizen Voters ELECTED in 2016 ..... BECAUSE they KNOW they can't beat him at the Polls in 2020.

Not a good day for the Leftists.
You should have watched the hearing.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:09 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,562,853 times
My opinion has changed in so much that I thought Nancy Pelosi's strategy was somewhat ill advised not slapping arrest warrants on Trump administration officials that fail to show after being served a lawful subpoena to appear before the US House of Representatives.

I now realize that only would have resulted in endless court proceedings that could take years to adjudicate. Better to build a solid case with witnesses that have some measure of credibility and move on. No real requirement to let partisan hacks derail the investigation. If they don't want to testify, swell. It's not like Giuliani, Pompeo or Barr for that matter would offer any insight beyond standing up for their boss, period. Move on. I suspect when their names start popping up in testimony (and it won't be in a good way) they will be knocking on her door wanting to spill their guts to avoid prison. Michael Cohen 2.0. We've already seen a bit of that with the Mulvaney/Bolton court case.

When Steve Bannon, the architect of the Trump campaign and someone who Pelosi outright called a "white supremacist" came out said said he thought Pelosi's strategy was "actually quite brilliant” then you have to admit there's something to it.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:22 PM

57,234 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The lack of sworn testimony will inevitably result in a witness "taking the fifth," and thus clamming up for the remainder of the questioning.
Won't that be fun.
Lack of sworn testimony, you didn’t watch the hearings??

Old 11-13-2019, 08:22 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
I am not even following it. The four year Bengazi nonsense was enough, and unfortunately it paved the way to never ending "investigations".

Old 11-13-2019, 08:25 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The difference is that we do it as part of our foreign policy to advance America's interest. Trump did it to placate his own ego about a perceived sight, despite it going against American foreign policy interests.

That's the difference between cops wire tapping a criminal they've built a case against and a detective wire tapping his ex.
If you say so but in my life I have seen presidents do some pretty petty things. Especially when a country didn't cooperate.

In this case I have 0 as in zero faith in the messengers aka the Democrat party. I have none in the GOP either, but after Lynch meeting on a Tar Mac with Bill and the Democrats pretending it was no big deal I just dont believe in either side.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
This is designed to be a non-partisan poll out of simple curiosity. When presented with new information, regardless of what "side' you are on, has your opinion changed?

Trump Supporters: Has anything that has been reported, stated, revealed, etc made you change your mind and go from supporting Trump to now wanting him to be removed from office?

Non-Trump Supporters: Has anything that has been reported, stated, revealed, etc made you change your mind and go from wanting Trump to be removed from office to now wanting him to remain in the WH?
No big surprises. Trump is about Trump. He doesn't care about the USA security, etc.....this whole think in Ukraine was about trying to create doubt about Joe Biden in order to slow his roll in the election.

We all KNOW that. THere is no use pretending it was about some deep national security. It wasn't.

I am hoping that voters will see that men of integrity, that know about the political climate in the Ukraine, about dealing with foreign countries, etc....were concerned about this President's techniques -- even those that originally supported him.

I hope that creates doubt and impacts at the polls.

As you can tell I don't think the impeachment hearing will end up in impeachment and I'm not sure that is the sole goal of the process. Sure sure, Dems would lvoe it if it ended up with impeachment, but as folks all over the political spectrum have pointed out, it is going to be impossible to get impeachment in the SEnate.

So there is more to this.......

The base won't budge -- the base at either end of the spectrum...but I'm hoping there is enough concern about Trump's inappropriate influence to lose votes next November.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:41 PM

1,060 posts, read 1,557,931 times
I thought the Mueller investigation was interesting but a waste of time. Nobody expects a (at the time) long shot chaos candidate to run a political campaign like a seasoned veteran.

I have kept an open mind re Trump through some of the scandals. It's not been easy to do, as Trump is his own worst enemy. And for a guy who liked a supply of foreign women to suddenly crack down on immigration seemed like a calculated charade. But then again a billionaire New Yorker with multiple wives is now apparently the champion of rural America. Go figure.

I was originally against impeachment based on the initial Ukraine reports...but man enough is enough. I don't want the President of the greatest country on Earth basing his policies on conspiracy theories, political grudges, and sending out a senile jackass like Giuliani to run a shadow foreign policy. Even if Trump isn't removed from office, I'm glad that this dirty laundry is getting aired. And some of his spineless sycophants are tied up in knots to spin this, knowing history books will not remember them kindly.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:12 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No big surprises. Trump is about Trump. He doesn't care about the USA security, etc.....this whole think in Ukraine was about trying to create doubt about Joe Biden in order to slow his roll in the election.

We all KNOW that. THere is no use pretending it was about some deep national security. It wasn't.

I am hoping that voters will see that men of integrity, that know about the political climate in the Ukraine, about dealing with foreign countries, etc....were concerned about this President's techniques -- even those that originally supported him.

I hope that creates doubt and impacts at the polls.

As you can tell I don't think the impeachment hearing will end up in impeachment and I'm not sure that is the sole goal of the process. Sure sure, Dems would lvoe it if it ended up with impeachment, but as folks all over the political spectrum have pointed out, it is going to be impossible to get impeachment in the SEnate.

So there is more to this.......

The base won't budge -- the base at either end of the spectrum...but I'm hoping there is enough concern about Trump's inappropriate influence to lose votes next November.
Trump will be impeached by the House of Representatives. But I doubt the Senate will remove him because a good number of them are also compromised by dark money from Russia and China. Moscow Mitch will, no doubt, be glad when this whole thing is over. I'm sure he's probably not sleeping well. It's a huge lesson being played out on the world stage. The whole world is watching this and wondering if America can survive. It has been a huge nightmare and I am sure most of us are exhausted by the unforeseen chaos that landed in our laps 3 years ago.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:17 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,555,627 times
I was more neutral on the issue when it first all was talked about, since then it has become abundantly clear what a ridiculous partisan coup attempt this really is and as it continues the more against it I become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies