Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has your opinion changed?
I was in favor of impeachment, now I am not. 9 6.00%
I was opposed to impeachment, now I am in favor. 7 4.67%
I have not changed my opinion. 134 89.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 05:34 PM

18,533 posts, read 8,351,798 times

Advertisements

..and today's words are extortion and bribery

now that their quid pro quo disintegrated right in front of the whole world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 06:50 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,707,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
..and today's words are extortion and bribery

now that their quid pro quo disintegrated right in front of the whole world
ALL of those perfectly apply. Or, to put it in the view of those who were testifying "we have never seen anything like this in all our years of service" and they agreed fully that, whatever words you want to use, it is/was WRONG.

I guess the idea of Right and Wrong, which the GOP seemed to pretend to champion, is out the window? Is that now official and replaced with "whatever you can get away with is right?" .

Old 11-14-2019, 06:56 PM

18,063 posts, read 27,520,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Only 94% in this poll have not change their minds on this, so 6% have. 6% changes the outcome of many Presidential elections.
Well that's some fancy bending over backwards for optimism, bravo!

Old 11-14-2019, 07:09 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,219,097 times
This impeachment nonsense is a waste of time and taxpayer dollars. Why are we not investigating Biden and his son Hunter over his Ukrainian job? Hunter doesn't even know how to speak their language!

Old 11-14-2019, 07:15 PM

1,009 posts, read 710,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I'm in favor of resignation. Impeachment does not mean removal of office. They waited too late to get all this done. Unless impeachment means he can't run again then they're wasting their time. His term will be over by the time he is impeached.
They have no viable candidates this is desperation. They want to keep this going so it will stay in the voters minds . PT will be re elected .

Old 11-14-2019, 08:17 PM

11,152 posts, read 10,735,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
ALL of those perfectly apply. Or, to put it in the view of those who were testifying "we have never seen anything like this in all our years of service" and they agreed fully that, whatever words you want to use, it is/was WRONG.

I guess the idea of Right and Wrong, which the GOP seemed to pretend to champion, is out the window? Is that now official and replaced with "whatever you can get away with is right?" .
Nobody cares if the people testifying thought what happened was wrong. The Democrats are trying to impeach the duly elected President. They damn well need to be able to prove it was wrong beyond a shadow of the doubt, because in the eyes of half the country the Dems are really the ones on trial here. If they can prove that Trump did something wrong, they have a chance at being exonerated. On the other hand, if this blows up in their face like all of their previous attempts to bully the opposition into submission have done the Democrats will come out of this looking like idiots who wasted $millions$ on a Hail Mary. Want to take a guess at how that plays out at election time?

So far, there hasn’t been a shred of evidence to show that Trump committed a crime. There has been a lot of accusation based on second- and third-hand information and speculation. There has been an appearance by someone who makes Alexandria Occasional-Cortex look like a genius (yes, Representative Quigley, I’m talking about you). But not one solid piece of evidence showing that Trump committed a crime during or related to the phone call. Unless the Democrats are trying to perform some OJ Simpson trial magic and stunning the audience with a video of Trump actually saying that he was extorting a foreign leader this is going to end badly for them. Nothing less is likely to result in a conviction, which is the only viable way to ensure a 2020 win.

This entire trial, so far, is coming across as a bad publicity stunt. The Democrats are gambling that the continuous accusations will convince enough people to get righteously angry and vote against him, rather than get tired of the shenanigans and vote against them. They need to get to solid evidence, and fast.

Old 11-14-2019, 08:18 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,290,039 times
Well I hate the Democrats more if that matters.

Old 11-14-2019, 08:36 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,391,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don’t respect the Republicans. Heads in the sand...

Old 11-15-2019, 04:40 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,606,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
Hi! I love that a washed-up ex-lawyer/city mayor is running our nation's foreign policy based on the agenda of one tiny-handed person.

Glory days!

If Trump had just let Graydon Carter's 'short-fingered vulgarian' comment go, rather than obsessing about it for 30+ years, I wonder if he'd still be getting teased about his hands.

Old 11-15-2019, 04:42 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,606,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
But you don't hate them enough to leave the Bay Area and move to a conservative area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies