Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 11:30 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times

Advertisements

I will remind everyone here that all the richest men in the world are liberals:

Bezos
Gates
Buffet
Zuckerberg
Google Twins

And so on...

Old 11-14-2019, 11:31 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I mean, it's about an extra $1,000 a year - $10,000 in ten years. And so on.

And I am very frugal, so in reality that's a new car for me. It's VERY significant.

And it truly makes my blood boil. Not sure what I'm going to do about it yet - maybe get my resume out there and/or threaten my company to leave because I am pretty sure they value my services.
Yes, get your resume out there and test the waters. This is the best job market I've even seen in my life.

I remember another time when unemployment was low (not this low), and I started "looking". I had six job offers within three weeks, and then....after I accepted the big step up....I continued getting offers to jobs I had applied to for an additional two months. Go for it!

P.S. Do NOT threaten your company with your departure before you have a job offer in hand.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Your example doesn't make your point. If the immigrant came in and accepted a wage LOWER than yours, you might be justified in complaining that she was keeping your wages down. But since she demanded a HIGHER wage than you, you should thank her and then go into the bosses office and demand equal pay.

Unless the boss considers the immigrant to be more qualified or more productive than you, in which case the higher wage is justified.

You don't seem to have a grasp on simple economics. That person SHOULD'NT EVEN BE HERE. And I can guarantee you...if the wage were even higher, many people would be lining up to do it.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:33 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yeah? Then how come you support every far-leftist position? If it walks like a liberal, and talks like a liberal, it's a liberal!
Like what?

You are among the most dishonest posters around, since you have a HABIT of deliberately misrepresenting other people.

And why are you here trying to make the discussion about posters?

I am :

- Pro-life
- Pro gun
- Pro free market
- Pro personal responsibility
- Pro religious freedoms
- Pro Christian values
- Pro family values
- Voted for Ron Paul multiple times

So, what do you mean by EVERY far-leftist position. Please open a thread for this gripe of yours, as opposed to derailing this thread this this kind of spam.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:33 AM

4,505 posts, read 1,860,989 times
Don’t have kids if you can’t afford it

Don’t subscribe to cable or streaming tv service if you can’t afford it

Don’t buy a $30k car if you can’t afford it

Don’t buy or lease a $800 smartphone if you can’t afford it

Don’t eat out multiple times per week if you can’t afford it

Don’t get a family pet if you can’t afford it

Don’t buy expensive clothes, shoes, and purses if you can’t afford it

Don’t take vacations if you can’t afford it

Don’t get an expensive college degree in a worthless field if you can’t afford it

Old 11-14-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Too late. A lot of people get stuck on #3.

I mean, no reason to gloat about it but also no reason to be all that sympathetic. It's the choice they made and eventually the piper does get paid.
It is not always a choice. We live in a country where we are one mistake away from going broke, and that includes people who have done everything right all their lives.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:35 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Things that amaze me
1) The number of people who do indeed over spend, (especially on cellphones which I do not understand.)
only topped by
2) The number of people with very high incomes on high horses.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:36 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:

And it truly makes my blood boil. Not sure what I'm going to do about it yet - maybe get my resume out there and/or threaten my company to leave because I am pretty sure they value my services.
Look, if you don't advocate for yourself, who will? Go in and tell the boss you want a raise. But be prepared to explain why you are valuable to the company and why you are worth the extra pay. And don't threaten to leave unless you are prepared to go through with it.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
The bottom line is it isn't Trump.
I didn't bring up Trump, a Trump loyalist did.

Quote:
Yes I am a conservative - a TRUE conservative (paleoconservative, as it were).
Ok. I won't try to label you otherwise. That's Rachel's hobby, not mine.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I didn't bring up Trump, a Trump loyalist did.

Ok. I won't try to label you otherwise. That's Rachel's hobby, not mine.
You implied in your OP that the "great economy" that was alleged was not reality. Hence subliminally referencing Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies