Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 06:43 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I love that this is supposed to be "scary". The only way this is "scary" is if you presuppose all the rediculous distractionary conspiracies the RS have been throwing at the wall are true. They are not.

If the facts are on your side why would there be fear?

Are Trump, Guilliani, Pompeo, Mulvaney, Perry, and Pence also going to be called? If not, why not?

"Trump under oath" < Word that strike fear into Trumpers everywhere.
Why not? McConnell and Graham can decide who gets called, just like Schiff is currently doing in the House. I don't think you get it....

Graham has already showed their hand. No heresay evidence will be allowed. Who's left to testify?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 06:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The Chief Justice is there to symbolically show that it is the judicial branch working with the legislative branch this giving their actions the credibility to potentially act against the executive.

In reality, there is no decision that Roberts could make that couldn't be overruled by the Senate with a majority vote.

As to the trial rules, it would make sense that they'd go by the spirit of the constitution, thus there would be a right to face your accuser.
Maybe there will. I would expect it, honestly. But we don't know that, yet.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Well it's not so much my position as it is objective reality, but I understand why some would reject that objective reality for partisan reasons... after all it conflicts with the talking points that the DNC issues.
"House nonsense is entirely partisan while the opposition to it is bipartisan" "Refusing to dignify it with a trial is the right thing to do for the country" "expose the nonsense for what it is, a partisan coup attempt"

If you think the above is "objective reality", then you simply don't understand what those words mean.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:54 AM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Why not? McConnell and Graham can decide who gets called, just like Schiff is currently doing in the House. I don't think you get it....

Graham has already showed their hand. No heresay evidence will be allowed. Who's left to testify?
Surely there are others that Graham could call to testify if he is after the truth.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:54 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
"House nonsense is entirely partisan while the opposition to it is bipartisan" "Refusing to dignify it with a trial is the right thing to do for the country" "expose the nonsense for what it is, a partisan coup attempt"

If you think the above is "objective reality", then you simply don't understand what those words mean.

It is though.... when they voted to authorize the inquiry, there was bipartisan opposition but it passed based on entirely partisan support, the first time that has ever happened.

Again, I sympathize with your partisan handicap, but it is what it is.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
It is though.... when they voted to authorize the inquiry, there was bipartisan opposition but it passed based on entirely partisan support, the first time that has ever happened.

Again, I sympathize with your partisan handicap, but it is what it is.

Two members of the House? If Libs tried to use that slim a level of support to claim bipartisanship, you'd laugh 'em out of the room, and rightly so.

And the other claims? I notice you didn't address those. Those are "objective reality", too? I sympathize with your partisan handicap, but words have meanings.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:00 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:

Oh goodness. So MANY. Pompeo. Rudy. Mulvaney. Vindman. Guy who is testifying today whose name I can't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Surely there are others that Graham could call to testify if he is after the truth.
He's not.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh goodness. So MANY. Pompeo. Rudy. Mulvaney. Vindman. Guy who is testifying today whose name I can't remember.

He's not.

David Holmes

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...fy/4189618002/

Old 11-15-2019, 07:06 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
Quote:
Good luck! When you don't convict, this is what happens......and Clinton was guilty of both charges...

After his impeachment proceedings in 1998 and 1999, Clinton's rating reached its highest point at 73% approval. He finished with a Gallup poll approval rating of 65%, higher than that of every other departing president measured since Harry Truman.
But how were Republicans hurt by this? They kept the House in 2000 and won the Presidency over Clinton's very own Vice President who went on record praising him.

I do not see a different outcome for Dems. In truth they risk losing more votes on the left from inaction than they do in the middle. They were never going to get conservative votes.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:06 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I would love to see Schiff in front of the Senate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Under oath in front of the Senate, under cross examination by some of
the most aggressive and intelligent defense attorneys in the land.

I suspect that Adam Schiff does not share your sentiments about this.

i suspect you are correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies