Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 08:04 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times

Advertisements

President Trump has still done nothing wrong. This whole sideshow is about nothing. It's crybaby Dems who can't get over an election which we've now been removed from for three years. By the way, since the left worships government so much, why can't they just get back to work and quit wasting time on a nothingburger?

Meanwhile, father and son Biden (who did commit what Dems have accused Trump of) still get a free pass....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 08:08 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
If "bribery" is applied as defined by Pelosi, then the entire foreign policy of the U.S. for the past century has been based on bribery.

We pay nations for specific action to benefit U.S. foreign policy. The POTUS defines that policy. [See Iran Pallets of Cash]

I guess she missed the part where the Obama administration pressured Ukraine to engage in that same "fake" investigation of Burisma. Name the time when a US ambassador walked into a foreign consulate, gave them a suitcase with $50 million dollars and told them no strings attached. Throw it out the window or burn it in the furnace for all we care.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
President Trump has still done nothing wrong.
Except for extortion, corruption, bribery, abuse of power and obstruction of justice, you have a point.

Quote:
This whole sideshow is about nothing. It's crybaby Dems who can't get over an election which we've now been removed from for three years. By the way, since the left worships government so much, why can't they just get back to work and quit wasting time on a nothingburger?

Meanwhile, father and son Biden (who did commit what Dems have accused Trump of) still get a free pass....
Maybe China should look into it, too.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:48 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
First posted elsewhere, repeated here...

I guess it's different when a vice-president demands a foreign official be fired before funds are released:

"I remember going over and convincing our team, others, to convince that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, I guess, the 12th, 13th time to Kiev. And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor. And they didn’t. So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him. (Laughter.) I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a b-tch. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time." (https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/24...-sons-company/)
Try to be honest with yourself. You know that was a completely different set of motivations and circumstances.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:54 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
To those who lie about how Trump's bribery and extortion scam was not impeachable or criminal behavior because in the end it didn't work, here are a couple more examples.

https://twitter.com/JudyPrincz/statu...79229241053184

Old 11-15-2019, 08:59 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
In your view, deflection - in my view, a direct comparison.

Of course, some folks only "see what he wants to see and disregards the rest"
It's not a direct comparison. Biden was acting in the interest of the US. There was no personal gain for him. Trump is gaining personally and more importantly, that was his only goal in withholding aid. If his personal gain were incidental, it could be reasonable doubt about his intent. But it has been very clear that his focus has always been for Ukraine to take actions that benefit Trump personally.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:03 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If "bribery" is applied as defined by Pelosi, then the entire foreign policy of the U.S. for the past century has been based on bribery.

We pay nations for specific action to benefit U.S. foreign policy. The POTUS defines that policy. [See Iran Pallets of Cash]
If the bribery of Ukraine were solely for the benefit of US policy you would be right - it is normal foreign relations. But the bribery was for the benefit of Trump personally. That is what makes it criminal.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:06 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So true.

But right wingers are compliant followers, not thinkers.
They follow orders or daily talking points; it's all the same to them.
Ironic
You wouldnt know anything about that

Old 11-15-2019, 09:06 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
If the bribery of Ukraine were solely for the benefit of US policy you would be right - it is normal foreign relations. But the bribery was for the benefit of Trump personally. That is what makes it criminal.
That's your spin on it.

Millions of us disagree.

And whats this Bribery crap, I thought QPQ was your safe word ? You got the memo to change also.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:07 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Correct.

Art. II Sec. 4.

Bribery is impeachable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies