Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2019, 01:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

Just a side comment -- and all you folks who 'predicted' 'heard' etc there would be tears....seems your sources or your feelings are misguided misinformed, just plain wrong.

Old 11-15-2019, 01:29 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
I applaud her efforts, that doesn’t change my assessment. She can be a patriot and do good things and still have an inflated sense of her role at the same time.

Also as dems love to say about the but but Obama, Biden, Hillary, etc, what she did in Somalia is irrelevant to today’s proceedings.
You were attempting to paint her as some socialite ambassador, you couldn’t be more wrong. Firing an ambassador with her experience and backgrounds without a reason is reprehensible.

Old 11-15-2019, 01:30 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
really?
She has provided the following information:
1. Donald Trump mistreated her.
2. Donald Trump provided weapons to Ukraine
3. Donald Trump provided more help to Ukraine than Obama did. (her words not mine)
3. She has no knowledge of any calls related to Trump and Ukraine
4. She knows of no instance of criminal activity by Donald Trump.

**edit***
5. She evidently confessed to lying to congress

If she owned the day, then she proved Trump is innocent. You ready to put this whole charade to bed?
Yep. And I thought Wednesday was really bad for the Dems. Today was far worse. Holy crap.

Old 11-15-2019, 01:30 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Her question still stands. Why the lies and damage to her reputation.?

Old 11-15-2019, 01:31 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Where did I say that in my post? Nowhere. Your apples and oranges response to my answer to GreenBouy makes no sense.
well you did say :
" She was assigned a post in Somalia and she and her colleagues were shot at several times during her tour of duty there."

so there's that.

my point is this precious lady doesn't get a pass, doesn't have a better view, should not be believed above other, should not be treated with awe based upon the notion that she has been in bad places and/or "got shot at".

the precious lady should be taken at face value. her contribution to the investigation isn't buoyed by her service.

2,000 posts, read 760,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If her testimony was the only one that questioned the Trump's administrations actions with Guiilliani in the Ukraine -- meh we might not take so much notice

Thing is she isn't the only one that thought the actions taken were questionable, lacked integrity

So claim some kind of victory but the picture painted is -- There might not be a crime but there is definite inappropriate policy actions.
I agree with you using Rudy is inappropriate. But, and this clearly just an opinion, I don’t think after what he has seen the last 3 years, doesn’t trust any career civilian government employees in any of the federal agencies.

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The record being created is the script for what the Articles of Impeachment will look like, if they are drawn. Witness Intimidation is a crime.
" Witness Intimidation is a crime."

What did she witness? She wasn't even there when the infamous phone call was made which IS, according to he dems, the reason for the impeachment hearings".

Old 11-15-2019, 01:32 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah I don't see it.

She isn't going to cry.

Trump is maybe.....after he made the real time bullying tweet -- even one of his puppets Liz Cheney chastised him for his tweet. As someone said -- someone needs to be sitting with the President to advise him. He's his own worst enemy.
Of course she isn't. All of the posters here got that from the fantasy dreamed up by Hannity.

Old 11-15-2019, 01:33 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
More like carefully crafting. If there was any wrongdoing on President Trump's part, Schitt wouldn't have to spend so much time and energy carefully crafting anything.

The local liberal "news" papers aren't even wasting their ink reporting any of what is going on in this pathetic impeachment charade.
I don't know where you're looking, but the proceedings are all over all of the media around the world.

Old 11-15-2019, 01:33 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Trump bashes those he is afraid of. Yovanovich, a career American diplomat of exemplary esteem who has worked for our government satisfactorily for 33 years under both parties, specifically as an anti-corruption watchdog, mysteriously gets fired by Trump around the time of this phone call in which Trump asks the president of the Ukraine for this personal political favor in exchange for the military aid. Meanwhile, Trump is tweeting the praises of corrupt presidents while bashing her as ineffective. I'm sure it was a complete and utter coincidence.
"Trump bashes those he is afraid of." if they are so thin-skinned, they should NOT be Ambassadors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies