Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 06:46 AM

46,334 posts, read 27,171,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Everyone knows what WJC was impeached for (lying about an affair).

Trump is IMPEACHED for more serious matters. You repubs are delusional.

Such as.....Pelosi could not provide anything...what can you provide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 06:54 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,007,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
What I think will upset Trump is that he’ll know feel the need to be the most impeached president ever lol.
Upset Trump!? No way!!! This will only embolden him to do something that no other President has ever done: get reelected after being exonerated in a Senate Impeachment Trial (read 'political coup'). What, amazingly, still has not become clear in the minds of the Democrats is that Trump is a NYC street fighter. When someone hits him - he gives it back twofold or more, the attack backfires, and impacts Trump favorably. That is why some call him 'Teflon Don'.

Now that he has actually been impeached and there is talk of more impeachment proceedings by the 'solemn' Democrats, I think President Trump, being as competitive as he is, will actually take pride in the fact that he was impeached X times and 'beat the rap' X times.

Impeachment Series I: Trump 1, Dems 0

Trump will be reelected by a YUGE landslide in 2020!!!

Old 12-19-2019, 06:55 AM

18,483 posts, read 15,285,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Everyone knows what WJC was impeached for (lying about an affair).

Trump is IMPEACHED for more serious matters. You repubs are delusional.
Clinton was impeached for an actual crime. Trump was not. When you lie under oath, you are committing perjury. The topic of the lie is inconsequential. Perjury is perjury.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:01 AM

20,177 posts, read 9,073,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Then the Democrats will just call Manafort, Rick Perry, Guilliani, Don Jr., Ivanka, Jared, and Trump himself to testify.

I am willing to bet anything that the later group is going to say a lot more stupid things than the former. I'd be shocked if there is one smart comment out of that group.

sorry, Dems don't determine who testifies in the Senate trial, just like Republicans didn't in the House hearings. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:03 AM

30,511 posts, read 19,263,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
What I think will upset Trump is that he’ll know feel the need to be the most impeached president ever lol.
Trump is excited cuz it set up his massive landslide re-election and points out how baseless and ridiculous the Democrats impeachment about nothing was that not one Republican voted for it and even some patriotic Democrats saw it as a scam.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:23 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,562,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post

Trump is excited cuz it set up his massive landslide re-election and points out how baseless and ridiculous the Democrats impeachment about nothing was that not one Republican voted for it and even some patriotic Democrats saw it as a scam.
The problem I see with your theory is that a lot of things can happen before the next election.
Now I understand that you’re hoping that he’ll win again and he might. And IF he does irs going to more of the same B.S that’s going on now. He’s going to get nothing done like always you supporters will keep turning a blind eye to everything he does you KNOW is wrong.
Nothing else matters to you all other then he upsets the liberals. That’s has to be the dumbest thing for wanting someone to be president.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:45 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,750,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Uhhh, basic facts my man . . . basic facts. News articles (including Fox News) are saying Trump has been impeached, because wait for it, he has been impeached.
It's obviously not clear to the average American myself included that saying someone is impeached doesn't mean they are being removed from office. Just means they have been charged with a crime basically.

Old 12-19-2019, 08:09 AM

839 posts, read 736,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
When you lie under oath, you are committing perjury. The topic of the lie is inconsequential. Perjury is perjury.
No wonder none of those Trump supporters who claim he is innocent, including Trump himself, would testify UNDER OATH.

But those who do, will.

Old 12-19-2019, 08:27 AM

19,861 posts, read 9,418,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It's obviously not clear to the average American myself included that saying someone is impeached doesn't mean they are being removed from office. Just means they have been charged with a crime basically.
I compare this to a crime being referred to a grand jury. If the grand jury thinks there is enough evidence for a trial, they will say so, and then if there is enough evidence to try a suspect, it will go to trial and the suspect will either be found guilty or not guilty -- and either punished (meaning, in this case, that Trump will be removed from office) or found not guilty (which, unless I am mistaken, does not necessarily mean the suspect is innocent).

Anyway, in the case of Trump's impeachment, the majority of the grand jury (the House) was and is biased against Trump, and it will go to trial to be decided by jurors (the Senate), who are mostly biased for Trump. (Unless what some people are saying will prove to be correct, and it will not go to the Senate for trial after all.)

Last edited by katharsis; 12-19-2019 at 08:42 AM..

Old 12-19-2019, 08:34 AM

17,716 posts, read 6,967,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
No wonder none of those Trump supporters who claim he is innocent, including Trump himself, would testify UNDER OATH.

But those who do, will.
Here in America, refusing to exercise a constitutional right such as executive privilege is NOT evidence of guilt. Due process exists for the accused, not the accuser.

The tinpot dictatorship liberals want to create in lieu of the Bill of Rights should scare every American into voting Republican in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies