Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 07:23 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I called this when the story first broke. I said then that he'll throw Rudy under the bus, and now he has.
Google search of many stories

Here's my question for the the blind and faithful base:
--Trump is stating that he had nothing to do with sending Rudy to Ukraine, even though HIS OWN RECORD of the call states that he told Ze that he's sending Rudy.

This is probably not the most blatant lie Trump has told (by a long-shot), but it's pretty damn black and white. It's in writing, in a document that Trump has touted as "read the transcript", that he says is valid proof. Now he's saying he never said that.

Is THIS enough proof for his base that he will say whatever he needs to say at a given moment, and he has no base in the truth? If you don't believe this is evidence of him blatantly lying about the Ukraine situation, how do you back up your stance?
Has he said "Rudy who?" yet? LOL.

Old 11-27-2019, 07:23 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Is there any news item or event you people cannot purposely get wrong?

Donald Trump denied directing Rudy Giuliani to go to Ukraine to look for dirt on his political rivals, in an interview with former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly.

“No, I didn’t direct him, but he is a warrior, he is a warrior,” Trump told O’Reilly in an interview streamed on the internet on Tuesday.
Read the transript!

Old 11-27-2019, 07:45 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
There was no recording of the call taken nor was there a person certified to take word for word dictation such as a court reporter.

So where did the transcript come from?

They use voice recognition software that generates a transcript as the call is occurring along with note-takers who are not certified to generate an exact transcript.

What does this mean? They can't 100% guarantee every word on the transcript is exact.

The transcript is as accurate as it can be without either the call being recorded or a certified person who can do so.

Nice try, but there is ZERO reason to believe the transcript wasn't accurate.

You're just looking for an excuse to pretend something was said that wasn't actually said.
This is an excuse, not a reason, for believing the memo was accurate.

But in fact it does contain evidence of a quid pro quo, enough evidence to alarm everyone who actually read it and understood the nature of these arrangements (frequently seen in racketeering and extortion cases). Trump for some odd reason convinced himself (under stress, probably) that the memo was not incriminating, and he overruled objections from staff in the white house (I am guessing Stephen Miller objected, and yes man Mulvaney agreed with Trump). It definitely was incriminating.

Perhaps Trump supporters are under the same delusions due to stress and cognitive dissonance. Hard to figure out how you don't see it.

Now we have public testimony under oath that the allegations about strong arming the Ukrainian government are true, including from a man who gave 1 million dollars to the Trump inaugural committee, which 'earned' him a primo ambassadorship in the Trump "pay for Play" administration.
~
"Please know that I would not have recommended that Mr. Giuliani or any private citizen be involved in these foreign policy matters. ... However, given the President's explicit direction, as well as the importance we attached to arranging a White House meeting between Presidents Trump and Zelenskyj, we agreed to do as President Trump directed."

"We were jerking Ukraine around, and I didn’t like it,"
When asked if he felt the efforts were “illegal,” he responded, “I’m not a lawyer, but I assume so.”
Gordon Sondland
~
"I know that members of this Committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a 'quid pro quo?' As I testified previously, with regard to the requested White House call and White House meeting, the answer is yes,".
Gordon Sondland

Sondland gave one million dollars to Trump, how much did you give?

Old 11-27-2019, 08:18 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,250 times
I concur.. I have NO IDEA why Trump released the a memorandum of the telephone conversation, NOT the verbatim transcript of the discussion.

Congress would have spent moooonths trying to get it..
Trump just gave it.. and proves everything that 10 people have witnessed under oath happened.

Trump and Gulliani and Nunes, spent moooonths working with dodgy corrupt Ukrainians Oligarchs and drifters to manufacture Dirt on Bidens.. using vital Military aid as leverage against a desperate ally in a hot war against Russia.

This goes as OK politics in the Republican Party now..

Old 11-27-2019, 09:40 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Yes, it's pathetic, isn't it? Trump has also proven that you don't even have to be a particularly convincing con man if your marks are dumb enough.

It is sad that Trump and the Russians can continually count on tens of millions of STUPID Americans being easily fooled.

Old 11-27-2019, 09:56 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Read the transript!
Whose transcript? CNN's?

Old 11-27-2019, 10:04 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
So we have Trump releasing a doctored transcript of the "perfect call" telling Zelensky to "talk to Rudy," and now Trump lies about not directing rogue Rudy? Snicker snicker. Yeah right. It's unfortunate that people believe the lies, but dear leader must never be criticized.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:08 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Please put Trump on the witness stand and ask him to tell the truth and nothing but the truth so help me God. God will be working overtime.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:29 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Whose transcript? CNN's?

you're denying that those were direct quotes from trump to bill o'reilly?

Old 11-27-2019, 10:46 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Default Rudy Giuliani Pursued Business in Ukraine while Pushing for Investigations for Trump

The president’s private lawyer explored agreements with Ukrainian officials for hundreds of thousands of dollars. As Rudolph W. Giuliani waged a public campaign this year to unearth damaging information in Ukraine about President Trump’s political rivals, he privately pursued hundreds of thousands of dollars in business from Ukrainian government officials, documents reviewed by The New York Times show.

Mr. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, has repeatedly said he has no business in Ukraine, and none of the deals was finalized. But the documents indicate that while he was pushing Mr. Trump’s agenda with Ukrainian officials eager for support from the United States, Mr. Giuliani also explored financial agreements with members of the same government. The president is the best swamp drainer ever

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/27/n...899448ing-news
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies