Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 03:02 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,058,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But you can't ignore that we are in the longest recovery EVER....and the recovery wasn't flat or slightly down in 2015.

When people accumulate wealth after years of economic recovery they have more to invest.

They don't miraculously wake up the day after Trump is elected and find extra money to invest....it doesn't work that way.

Every time Trump starts talking trade the market dips.....I wonder in the last three years if he had conducted his trade talks more maturely, with less hot air and showmanship for his fans where the market could be.
The trade talks are going exactly as planned.

China is either going to agree to resolve some of these serious issues that have existed for many years, or they are going to pay a ever growing price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 03:04 PM

27,351 posts, read 28,421,013 times
The more impeachment hearings we have, the more the stock market hits all-time record highs.

LOL

Old 11-15-2019, 03:05 PM

5,929 posts, read 2,183,853 times
I hope that stock number is worth the billions in debt the US is racking up and the Fed pumping in 100,s of millions of dollars into the market.

I still don’t know why it is necessary for the Fed to keep pumping in my money if the economy is doing so great, can anyone explain (honest question)

Old 11-15-2019, 03:06 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,871,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
The trade talks are going exactly as planned.

China is either going to agree to resolve some of these serious issues that have existed for many years, or they are going to pay a ever growing price.
That's your feelings.....you don't know anymore than anybody else right now if China is going to concede on the critical stuff or not. ...so stop with your wishes and dreams and deal with the facts.

Old 11-15-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I hope that stock number is worth the billions in debt the US is racking up and the Fed pumping in 100,s of millions of dollars into the market.

I still don’t know why it is necessary for the Fed to keep pumping in my money if the economy is doing so great, can anyone explain (honest question)
The economy is doing very well, and will be even better once the dems get off their butts, and ratify the USMCA.

Old 11-15-2019, 03:08 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,776,370 times
Quote:
That's your feelings.....you don't know anymore than anybody else right now if China is going to concede on the critical stuff or not. ...so stop with your wishes and dreams and deal with the facts.
Your ill wishes for American trade deficit is very apparent...

Old 11-15-2019, 03:10 PM

20,756 posts, read 9,378,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Much of the left will say it’s not because of Trump or policy but that flies in the face of reality. The market was flat or slightly down for 2015 and 2016. It wasn’t until Trump was elected that we got this huge bull run. Another leftist talking point is that this only benefits the rich which couldn’t be further fro the truth. 70% of Americans over the age of 35 own stocks; 33% of the market is made up of retirement funds another 25% is small stock purchases and employee owned stock. 75% of the market is owned by Americans. The influx in capital helps create jobs, innovation, tax revenue, etc. everyone benefits in the long run.
Obama wasn't president just in 2015 and 2016.

Also, the market was flat in 2018 and most of this year.

We also got a huge bull run starting just 2 months after Obama took office.

Every talking point about the Trump stock market you can also say about the Obama stock market.

Old 11-15-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I never said China will concede.

This is a win, win for us.

If China doesn't agree to terms, they will lose even more of their manufacturing base (that's a damn good outcome, and frankly, the one I prefer).

We can't lose here, deal, or no deal.

Old 11-15-2019, 03:15 PM

25,364 posts, read 12,486,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Very relevant.

Most Americans say they are struggling financially

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...nancially.html
They are struggling, but have roofs over their heads, electricity, heating & ac, cars, fancy cell phones w/ data plans, cable tv, and eat out.

Compared to many years ago in the U.S., or compared to other places across the globe today, they are living in luxury (like top 10%'ers). If they'd just manage their money more closely, they'd be fine. They cannot afford a lot of what they are buying. They are paying bank fees, credit card interest, car loan interest, ect.., all avoidable. Read Dave Ramsay's books, and just do it.

Old 11-15-2019, 03:17 PM

25,364 posts, read 12,486,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I never said China will concede.

This is a win, win for us.

If China doesn't agree to terms, they will lose even more of their manufacturing base (that's a damn good outcome, and frankly, the one I prefer).

We can't lose here, deal, or no deal.
TOTALLY agree, we must win this time to make up for a long string of losses that led to the demise of American manfacturing and the high paying jobs that used to go along with them. We are China's biggest customer, and we're holding all the cards. Their GDP is already the lowest its been in 27 years, so they are feeling the Trump squeeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies