Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should President Trump pardon Roger Stone?
Yes 32 29.09%
No 78 70.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 02:50 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,540,439 times

Advertisements

An "official" petition has been started in support of getting President Trump to pardon Roger Stone. Apparently if the petition gets 100,000 signatares within 30 days, the White House is required by law to "respond" to the petition. It does not follow that they have to grant the request of the petition if that happens.

Quote:
Roger Stone supporters push petition for presidential pardon

“We, the undersigned, respectfully request that the President of the United States grant a full and unconditional pardon to Roger Jason Stone Jr,” reads an official White House petition — which has now generated nearly 5,000 signatures.

It’s unclear who started the petition, with the creator only identified as “J.V.”

If the petition gets 100,000 signatures within 30 days, the White House will be forced to respond, according to the government’s official petition website. The effort comes less than 24 hours after the former Trump adviser was convicted on seven counts of lying to Congress, witness tampering and obstruction.
I have mixed feelings about this.

Roger Stone did apparently lie to Congress repeatedly. That being said, so did Hillary Clinton and countless other Democrat supporrting people, who conveniently either have not been held accountable for their actions, or have actually been given immunity agreements, in order to make them literally above the law.

At the same time, the only reason that Roger Stone has been put in this position is because he was collateral damage in the Democrat left deep state coup attempt against President Trump. So the charges against him were political, as would be the pardon, if one is forth coming.

What do you think?

Forget your political tribe for a minute while thinking about and answering this question. If you support the Democrat left and someone had found themselves in a spot like this because they were associated with Barack Obama, would you have been OK with Obama pardoning that person? I think you probably would have.

And if you are interested, you can sign the petition at the link above.

Old 11-16-2019, 02:56 PM

27,697 posts, read 16,190,041 times
Everyone that has been hunted down for being near Trump should be pardoned. Even the weasel lawyer. Until the same standards are applied to all, there should be none

Old 11-16-2019, 02:58 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,702,857 times
If they lied multiple times to Congress.....??? We are not talking a little single mistake here. We are talking foreign interference in an election process and a long time self-described "bad man" who reveled in it. Then he lied about it.

No way I'd excuse an Obama appointee for the same thing. No way.

It's easy for you to say that because - by some great coincidence - all the vast pardons of this type (Nixon, etc.) have been BY the GOP and FOR the GOP.

Dems just don't have that many crooks. Couldn't Obama have pardoned Blogo? Well, he didn't - did he?

"On December 10, Obama called for Blagojevich's resignation"
"Obama refused to commute the sentence".....

I think that 100% gives you the answer - and THIS adds to it

" President Donald Trump has again broached the idea of freeing former Illinois governor and one-time “Celebrity Apprentice” contestant Rod Blagojevich from a Colorado federal prison"

Trump is corrupt. Obama is decent. Period.

Old 11-16-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Everyone that has been hunted down for being near Trump should be pardoned. Even the weasel lawyer. Until the same standards are applied to all, there should be none
Petition your Republican elected officials - who are the folks that sent these crooks to jail.

Old 11-16-2019, 03:01 PM

OTOH, Manafort still rots. So does Cohen.

Trump ain't a good friend to have. Loyalty is one-way.

Old 11-16-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I think that Trump might feel the same way.

With regards to Paul Manafort, he has other crimes that were totally unrelated. Perhaps a partial commutation of his sentence, but I would be surprised if Trump pardoned Manafort altogether.

Some of these others that would never had been investigated for anything if they just not got caught in the crossfire, I would expect Trump to pardon completely.

Old 11-16-2019, 03:02 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,431,335 times
Roger Stone fell because the RULE always holds.

Everything Trump Touches Dies

Old 11-16-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
OTOH, Manafort still rots. So does Cohen.

Trump ain't a good friend to have. Loyalty is one-way.
Cohen probably rots. Manafort may rot a little less than is currently scheduled, but I would expect that he will have to complete some real time.

Old 11-16-2019, 03:05 PM

14,812 posts, read 8,142,283 times
He is corrupt and has committed criminal acts. No, he should not be Pardoned.
Of course the President is corrupt and criminal so He probably will Pardon him.
Attached Thumbnails
Roger Stone supporters push petition for presidential pardon-rog.jpg  

Old 11-16-2019, 03:12 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,097,502 times
Hilarious how Trump might actually be too stupid to realize that pardoning Stone would be only accelerate his demise at POTUS.

If Trump pardons Roger Stone, it will be political suicide. I truly think that it would be a turning point to where some Republican lawmakers say "I can't do this anymore" and split from Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies