Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 04:29 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Sure they are passed through but they are already factored into the prices people pay. Are prices decreasing? Of course not. This will be reported as profit.

I know when I was selling a product if I could maintain a price extra profit went back into the business or my pocket. Of course my competitors would need to be doing the same thing. That only lasts for so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 04:31 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So the purpose of the cuts was to increase stock prices and dividends.
The let Trump supporters write personal checks to FedEx stockholders if they are feeling so generous. What we are seeing is exactly what everyone predicted. The debt has skyrocketed and the GOP will say we need to cut entitlements because the country is broke. While the wealthy CEOs and stock investors are buying airplanes and Caribbean islands.

Old 11-17-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
So the purpose of the cuts was to increase stock prices and dividends.

Stockholders pay taxes on it, are consumers that may spend it for increased economic activity, may tuck it away for retirement or invest it in other business's etc.

Old 11-17-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Stockholders pay taxes on it, are consumers that may spend it for increased economic activity, may tuck it away for retirement or invest it in other business's etc.
So people get their Social Security and Medicare reduced, lose school funding, military cuts, etc. so the FedEx stockholder can tuck a few million under his pillow. Let Trump supporters pay those stockholders directly and leave the rest of us out of it. Everyone knew the Trump tax plan was designed so that 83% benefitted the top 1%. This is just one example of that.

Old 11-17-2019, 04:42 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I know when I was selling a product if I could maintain a price extra profit went back into the business or my pocket. Of course my competitors would need to be doing the same thing. That only lasts for so long.
So if tax increases are passed to consumers but tax cuts are not then what was the point of a tax cut.

Old 11-17-2019, 04:49 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times
Quote:
So if tax increases are passed to consumers but tax cuts are not then what was the point of a tax cut.
The tax cuts do get passed to consumers. You have evidence to show it’s not?

Old 11-17-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
While the wealthy CEOs and stock investors are buying airplanes and Caribbean islands.

I don't know if Fedex has the same stockholder portfolio but I would image with any of these large corporations it's pretty similar. Something like 80 to 90 % of Exxon is owned by pensions funds, IRA's, mutual funds and other entities that are typical for small investors. The pension funds are the top investors, something like 35%....

Old 11-17-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The tax cuts do get passed to consumers. You have evidence to show it’s not?
Where are the FedEx price cuts? They are still driving on public roads and using publicly funded infrastructure to make their profits, where does the taxpayer benefit if they are paying zero taxes and the only beneficiary is their stockholders and executives who receive massive bonuses.

Old 11-17-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:

It's a competitive business, it necessarily will be if it hasn't already.

Old 11-17-2019, 04:55 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Where are the FedEx price cuts? They are still driving on public roads and using publicly funded infrastructure to make their profits, where does the taxpayer benefit if they are paying zero taxes and the only beneficiary is their stockholders and executives who receive massive bonuses.
What makes you think those who receive FedEx shipments don't benefit from FedEx's use of public roads and publicly funded infrastructure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies