Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 10:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,487,255 times

Advertisements

Cross your fingers, and hope this passes, it looks like they have the needed votes according to what Ive been reading.

Whats great about this bill, it will also set many people in prison free and expunge their records, it will also prohibit employers from holding marijuana use against their employees in anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 11:10 AM

19,687 posts, read 10,025,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Cross your fingers, and hope this passes, it looks like they have the needed votes according to what Ive been reading.

Whats great about this bill, it will also set many people in prison free and expunge their records, it will also prohibit employers from holding marijuana use against their employees in anyway.
It would also help gun owners. I am all for it.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:16 AM

It will be interesting to see what the DEA does if it passes...they have stated in the past they would not even consider lowering it on the schedule list, so Im not sure what they would do if it was taken out of their hands.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:20 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,497,700 times
Personally I do not think this is a great idea

People I knew back in the 60's & 70's that smoked could barely ride a bike
or even walk and now they say the weed is more potent.

Now the courts and lawyers are going to be more busy with ( TWD )
Toking While Driving and the general public will be at risk

You think it's bad now @ Popeye's...Just wait

Old 11-17-2019, 11:26 AM

15,710 posts, read 6,417,039 times
I don't think it should be removed completely; just rescheduled down to 5 with Cannabidiol. Additional scientific studies are still needed.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post

How is it any different than alcohol in that regard though? Im always hearing of fatal car accidents caused by drinking and driving, I lost a good friend and his wife to a drunk driver last year,

If they are so concerned for our safety, why have they not heavily restricted alcohol sales?

Old 11-17-2019, 11:29 AM

29,691 posts, read 24,748,209 times
The DEA won't give up their main cash cow without a fight. I sincerely hope they lose that fight. The war on drugs has been a colossal, epic failure. Half the country appears high at any given time. They legalized the stuff on the state level here. The same people who smoked the stuff are smoking it today. Some people who would not use it are giving it a chance, but I don't see too many people taking up the habit just because it's legal.

Quote:
How is it any different than alcohol in that regard though? Im always hearing of fatal car accidents caused by drinking and driving, I lost a good friend and his wife to a drunk driver last year,

If they are so concerned for our safety, why have they not heavily restricted alcohol sales?

If they were smoking weed instead, a lot of those accidents would not have happened. People don't get drunk off weed. They get high for 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on their tolerance. People who don't regularly smoke are probably the greatest danger behind the wheel, and the high can last up to 4 hours for them. It all is dependent on the rate at which their body processes THC, but regular smokers produce more enzymes required to break down THC. That's why many take breaks, to reset their tolerance.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The DEA won't give up their main cash cow without a fight. I sincerely hope they lose that fight. The war on drugs has been a colossal, epic failure. Half the country appears high at any given time.
Heroin epidemics are a major problem today, the fact that there are so many of these thru out the country, really proves how corrupt the DEA truly is. There are people from just about every city and state complaining about used needles lying around everywhere, but the DEA has failed miserably to do anything about it...

And when you think about it, they actually created the problem, this is what happened after they targeted opioid painkillers, all the addicts switched to heroin!

Imo, the DEA is a rogue agency, they have been aiding and abetting the foreign drug cartels for years now, every drug law they have had a hand in creating, benefits these cartels, its really time to dissolve the DEA permanently and indict them on federal crimes.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:58 AM

1,991 posts, read 893,302 times
Quote:

Don’t get your hopes up. It will be roadblocked by McConnell like all the other bi partisan legislation sent to the Senate by the House.

Old 11-17-2019, 12:18 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,100,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post

If people who use weed can barely walk while on it, how would weed cause full-on brawls at Popeyes? If anything, weed makes people even less likely to want to fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies