Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2019, 02:25 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
OK, you're correct, getting into the details of Charlottesville is straying off-topic.

Exactly how is guilt by association involved in the Charlottesville protests?
Well, we heard the Spencer tape. We'd see video of the planning before. We heard the chants. We saw the Klan and their hatred of Jews and most everyone else......

Hard to imagine what "association" he is speaking of unless his point is that "there were some good people" there on the Confederate side? Or that since he supports that end of things he shouldn't be grouped in with virtually ALL of the alt-righters and Klan there.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:29 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If I want to protests communist and racist trying to tear down monuments, and some allegedly Holocaust deniers or false flag saboteurs show up, they are not my associates. Why don't you disavow communist and racist tearing down statues?
Michelle Malkin didn't just have this creep "show up", she has willingly defended him. But since you ask: If Nazis show up to march alongside me, I either make them leave or I leave myself.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:53 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
state law says they cannot.
I know. But discussing that, and what, if anything, should/is being done about it, is straying too far off-topic for this thread.

If I can find any recent news about this, I'll start a thread on it.

Last edited by jacqueg; 11-18-2019 at 03:09 PM..

Old 11-18-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Michelle Malkin didn't just have this creep "show up", she has willingly defended him. But since you ask: If Nazis show up to march alongside me, I either make them leave or I leave myself.
That pundit Arnold Schwarzenegger hit this nail squarely on the head -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaN78rXX6Lc

You can find transcripts of what he said, but hearing it in that inimitable Austrian accent is somehow more powerful.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:02 PM

29,505 posts, read 22,616,067 times
Would Malkin support and side with an individual that ticked all her boxes on such issues as immigration and gun control, but was found to have made statements denying or making light of the hundreds of thousands of Filipino's that were brutally tortured, murdered, and raped by Imperial Japanese forces during World War 2?

Like I said, Malkin is pure trash.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:37 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
doesn't make sense to associate Michelle Malkin or conservatives with anti-Semitism and Holocaust denial. That's something almost exclusively on the left by people like Omar or left allies like jihadist leaders.

I know Michelle Malkin does not deny the Holocaust or hate Jews.

People who don't like Malkin are usually people for open borders. They try to make you out as Hitler if you think the border should be secured.
Michelle Malkin's husband is the grandson of Jewish Ukrainian immigrants. This thing seems like it is likely a tempest in a teapot. I read the OP's link and don't see any money quotes from Malkin that would show her to be either anti-Semitic or a holocaust denier.

I don't know anything about Fuentes other than having heard negative comments by a local conservative Jewish radio talk host.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:42 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Would Malkin support and side with an individual that ticked all her boxes on such issues as immigration and gun control, but was found to have made statements denying or making light of the hundreds of thousands of Filipino's that were brutally tortured, murdered, and raped by Imperial Japanese forces during World War 2?

What exactly did she say that makes her "trash?" You take a swing like that, you'd better be able to back it up.

I'd have to reserve judgement pending further info. All I see so far is 'guilt by association.'

Ten or so of the Democratic presidential candidates showed up for the Al Sharpton conference in NYC in April. Al Sharpton, who led the Tawanna Brawley case, and has denigrated 'homos' and Jews. Are those dem presidential candidates also therefore 'trash' in your book??

Old 11-18-2019, 04:46 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,432,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
He seemed to be performing an analysis of the number of bodies that could have been burned in crematoria based on assumptions that may or not be true. What is wrong with that?

his claim seemed to be that only a couple hundred thousand could have been killed instead of the millions that were. i'd count that as denying the holocaust.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
his claim seemed to be that only a couple hundred thousand could have been killed instead of the millions that were. i'd count that as denying the holocaust.
I would too.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:54 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,347,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Malkin wrote a book to justify the interment of Japanese Americans in WWII back in 2004. Just horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.