Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 08:24 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Good. All the conservatives were saying exactly this would happen when they decided to be liberal with their bathroom policy and now we can see that it is coming true.

This is just another example of how liberal experiments always end up failing.
What happened?

Sales exceeded expectations.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/starb...201620045.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 08:37 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
My husband’s employer ( a best place to work for IT) provides free coffee to employees. They use Starbucks brand coffee in commercial packs.

Nonetheless, my husband figures most of his coworkers each spend $12-15/ day, out of pocket, on Starbucks coffee runs for fancy coffee drinks. They delegate it to a support staffer or intern.

Old 11-18-2019, 08:41 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
The most interesting thing about the article was how badly written it was.

I mean, why wouldn't the journalist have included starbucks most recent financial performance in the US for comparison.

If the study is saying they're losing business, then why are sales and profits up?

Oh well, so many of these "studies" come out of universities and are nothing but garbage, this one appears to be no different.

Old 11-18-2019, 08:57 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Mine too, when on the road.
Oh, the stories I will not tell here of the homeless in our town and what they have done to bathrooms.
Terrible, and in a great coffee shop in a popular shopping area. Oh my.
Sorry but that'll be a big no for me! When I'm away from home and I really have to gogo I stop at a hotel. Their bathrooms in the lobby are usual pretty clean. Just walk in like you are staying there and do your business. I've never been stopped and I've been doing this for a while. I usually stop at the nicer bigger hotels and not like a Motel 6 or Red Roof Inn. You need one with a decent sized lobby.

Old 11-18-2019, 08:58 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
there has always been a disconnect between lofty ideas and the actual practice...one difference i have found is that conservatives believe people earn rights and liberal believe we are born with rights....

i am involved with helping people less fortunate than myself and there was a time when i was younger that i too would point and criticize THOSE people but now that i am older i tend to think there but for the grace of god go i

Old 11-18-2019, 08:58 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Consequences of the Woketard Movement.....

Old 11-18-2019, 09:00 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
there has always been a disconnect between lofty ideas and the actual practice...one difference i have found is that conservatives believe people earn rights and liberal believe we are born with rights....

i am involved with helping people less fortunate than myself and there was a time when i was younger that i too would point and criticize THOSE people but now that i am older i tend to think there but for the grace of god go i
Interesting....study after study has shown republicans give more to charity than democrats.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:02 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,619,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
CEO's of many if not most corporations today are more concerned with the PC, woke, SJW culture and Virtue Signaling the same while not as focused on Maximizing Shareholder Value which IS THEIR JOB. They are shirking their fiduciary responsibility to the stock holders. That is the only reason they are there, yet prefer to be SJW's instead. Maybe a few should go to jail. Where are the Board members in this regard? Why are they there?
Dick's Sporting Goods CEO is a prime example.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:06 AM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
i used to just pee on the side of the road before "Clean" bathrooms became a thing (late 90's-2000's). Outside of gas station restrooms most are as clean as you would expect a public restroom to be.

I do have to ask this question. How many rules can be put in place to fix American's behavior problems. Why do we "have" to destroy the restrooms? And it does not matter what region or area your in this is always a problem.

You cannot fix a cultural problem with arbitrary rules, as seen with big issues like drug policy.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:06 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Rest rooms filthy, coffee Is min 5 bucks, (including tip obligation) customers are sleazy-
Is there no off button on this channel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies