Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2019, 03:55 PM

2,264 posts, read 970,714 times

Advertisements

Free stuff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2019, 04:15 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,347,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And I brought up there was a time when alot of immigrants who became citizens voted GOP back in the 70s and 80s. That has changed. I keep bringing that up and you keep ignoring it. And I bring up the Black vote because Blacks vote left more than anyone else in this country. Maybe instead of complaining about who people vote for, maybe you should ask yourself what can be done to get people to want to for GOP, because it appears that you're obsessed with who people vote for.
Exactly. I've been asking that question constantly and asking - "What are you GOP folks doing to get back the many Asian and Hispanic voters who used to vote Republican?" I can't get a straight answer.

Old 12-26-2019, 04:19 PM

72,962 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Exactly. I've been asking that question constantly and asking - "What are you GOP folks doing to get back the many Asian and Hispanic voters who used to vote Republican?" I can't get a straight answer.
That is sadly the point. The premise of this thread is "the only way the GOP will win is if this country is 90% White again". This is why neither of us can get a straight answer. The complaint isn't just "minorities vote for the left". The complaint is "minorities are holding us back". There is no real desire to make minorities WANT to vote GOP. Rather, it's "the fewer of you the better". Getting a straight answer from someone is difficult when they see you as the problem rather than a potential solution to the problem.

Old 12-26-2019, 04:24 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,087,917 times
Quote:
The premise of this thread is "the only way the GOP will win is if this country is 90% White again". This is why neither of us can get a straight answer.
This ^

This is the main public relations issue that GOP refuses to address.... some say they don't understand why minorities don't support the GOP... and the best answer they have is that minorities are "brainwashed" by liberal media. That answer paints minorities as gullible and no better than the stupid "deplorable" statement. That is so far from the truth... it simply makes the GOP seem like the party of whites.

The GOP has no one else to blame than themselves.

Old 12-26-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Free stuff!
Really? You really believe that the only thing minorities are voting for is free stuff? You have just demostrated why more Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians have turned away from voting GOP. Why vote for the party who is more likely to deride you and assume you only want "free stuff"?

Old 12-26-2019, 04:27 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,288,468 times
Quote:
That is sadly the point. The premise of this thread is "the only way the GOP will win is if this country is 90% White again". This is why neither of us can get a straight answer. The complaint isn't just "minorities vote for the left". The complaint is "minorities are holding us back". There is no real desire to make minorities WANT to vote GOP. Rather, it's "the fewer of you the better". Getting a straight answer from someone is difficult when they see you as the problem rather than a potential solution to the problem.
And as long as that is the message being sent, I have difficulty seeing the Trump base expand to include larger numbers of minorities or even white college graduates.

Old 12-26-2019, 04:28 PM

3,604 posts, read 1,654,607 times
Quote:
True...racial undertones on so many posts here complaining without looking at constructive solutions to improve things.

Old 12-26-2019, 04:29 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,361,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Of course they do. They are neither stupid nor ignorant of how the world works. But thanks for confirming what we all knew. Immigration debate has nothing to do with justice, economics or anything other than partisan winning thinking for Republicans.
You mean "Democrats".

Old 12-26-2019, 04:34 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,361,047 times
Quote:
Really? You really believe that the only thing minorities are voting for is free stuff? You have just demostrated why more Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians have turned away from voting GOP. Why vote for the party who is more likely to deride you and assume you only want "free stuff"?
It's not a matter of presuming anything. We observe that most blacks and Hispanics vote for the Democrats because they transfer wealth to them. If you don't want people to think you are voting for free stuff, don't do it. The problem is with those non-white voters, not their victims.

Old 12-26-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
This ^

This is the main public relations issue that GOP refuses to address.... some say they don't understand why minorities don't support the GOP... and the best answer they have is that minorities are "brainwashed" by liberal media. That answer paints minorities as gullible and no better than the stupid "deplorable" statement. That is so far from the truth... it simply makes the GOP seem like the party of whites.

The GOP has no one else to blame than themselves.
I don't think the GOP will address it. This is my opinion of why it is. Someone can feel free to prove me wrong. It involves fear of losing a certain political base. My theory is that many within the GOP find it too risky to attract large numbers of minorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies