Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2019, 01:34 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,362,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Yup. Absolutely. A lot of African Americans are pretty conservative in terms of cultural or social issues. Big church goers. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to say, "why don't we appeal to black folks on those points?"

I've said this many times - Conservatives in the 1980s or even earlier have pushed for that - like Richard Viguerie, the mastermind of political outreach back then. I remember reading that in his publication, Conservative Digest, back when I was in college. Seems like today they've forgotten that playbook.
It doesn't work because they are voting for a transfer of wealth from Republicans to themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 01:41 PM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Any antipathy is a result of their aggression. They're voting to take our stuff, including our country. Appealing to the immigrant vote requires capitulation.
The only reason why anyone would think they are "aggressive" is because they are naturally fearful of anything they do not understand. As I've pointed out many times, Fear and Anxiety Drive Conservatives' Political Attitudes, and this particular issue is classic in that regard.

Cons fear the unknown. A group of people who seem to be "different" than themselves are, to them, an unknown. Therefore they fear them. Then they try to rationalize their fear by claiming they come here just to "take our stuff," which of course is complete nonsense. That is nothing more than the paranoid rationalization of someone who is trying to justify their fear.

Old 11-19-2019, 01:48 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
What I'm seeing in this thread is that those who are defending illegal immigration and hyper immigration are the same ones who were having apoplexy when Trump wanted to send the so-called asylum seekers from Central America to sanctuary jurisdictions.

They love that they live in sanctuary jurisdictions but when push comes to shove, they freak out at the thought of having these people living in their neighborhoods and having their kids go to the same schools.

Just recently, where I live, there was a proposal to build a facility for the unaccompanied illegal alien minors. Sadly, I live in a sanctuary jurisdiction. All the leftists pitched a huge fit at the idea of such a facility in their neighborhood. So, due to their hypocricy and rampant NIMBYitis, the idea was scrapped.

Old 11-19-2019, 01:49 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
The only reason why anyone would think they are "aggressive" is because they are naturally fearful of anything they do not understand.
It is an undeniable FACT that they are committing aggression. They left their country and came here.

And the "fearful of anything they don't understand" is incredibly stupid. Opposition to immigration is rational. People everywhere want to keep what belongs to them, including their territory.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 11-19-2019 at 02:08 PM..

Old 11-19-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
It is an undeniable FACT that they are aggressive. They left their country came here.
Under this bizarre reasoning, EVERY immigrant who has ever come here was "aggressive." Whatever that is supposed to mean.

I suppose if somebody moves from Iowa to Missouri, they too are being "aggressive" toward Missouri. Suddenly, in the strange world of hbdwihdh378y9, everybody who moves from one place to another is being "aggressive."

Old 11-19-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Under this bizarre reasoning, EVERY immigrant who has ever come here was "aggressive." Whatever that is supposed to mean.

I suppose if somebody moves from Iowa to Missouri, they too are being "aggressive" toward Missouri. Suddenly, in the strange world of hbdwihdh378y9, everybody who moves from one place to another is being "aggressive."
It's "aggressive" when they come here illegally. Can't you see that?

It's also "aggressive" when they come here legally by giving fraudulent info on their application. It's also "aggressive" when they come here with the intention of getting freebies and working the system to do so. We have enough Americans who are working the system, there is no need to import people who have such attitudes.

You know darn well that moving from one state to another doesn't not involve "aggression" as it is perfectly legal for US citizens and legal immigrants to do so.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's "aggressive" when they come here illegally. Can't you see that?

You know darn well that moving from one state to another doesn't not involve "aggression" as it is perfectly legal for US citizens and legal immigrants to do so.
Notice the title of the thread is "... Legal Immgrants vote 70% left." We are talking about legal immigrants, not illegal ones.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Notice the title of the thread is "... Legal Immgrants vote 70% left." We are talking about legal immigrants, not illegal ones.
Uh huh. And the illegals who have been caught voting, vote democrat, also.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Uh huh. And the illegals who have been caught voting, vote democrat, also.
I see you are desperately trying to change the subject, obviously because you have no argument.

Let us repeat the thread title for clarification: "Demographics is important. Legal Immigrants vote 70% left."

Legal immigrants. Got it?

Old 11-19-2019, 02:07 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
It is an undeniable FACT that they are committing aggression. They left their country and came here.
I thought I just married my wife. Pardon for any aggression you may have felt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies