Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 03:36 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Another ignorant statement.

I am hardly a Biden fool. I've already said I am not supporting Biden and Biden's position does not go far enough.

But it is a fact that Biden's position goes further than Trump's.

You do know this thread is about Biden and his stance, not Trump, right? What I stated was that Biden is going to continue a policy of incarcerating adults for possessing marijuana, which is the truth. Schedule 3 = jail time and fines. I'm sorry you have such a difficult time understanding this.

I think we can both agree, it should have been legalized years ago. Democrats have had all the opportunities in the world to do so. Instead, we get bigger government, more pointless wars abroad, more illegals, and more of America circling the drain while the government punishes people for ingesting a benign, harmless plant. I think it's clear the government has bigger responsibilities to worry about. Still waiting for them to stop our infrastructure from rotting, but I guess that's asking too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 03:42 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You do know this thread is about Biden and his stance, not Trump, right?
You know almost all of my posts have been about Biden's position on the issue, right?

You call me a Biden stooge when I discuss the thread topic and then claim I'm going off topic when I clarify my position on the broader issue. I guess I will bow out of this thread at this point.

Quote:
What I stated was that Biden is going to continue a policy of incarcerating adults for possessing marijuana, which is the truth.
No it's not. Virtually no one is prosecuted at the federal level for possession.

Quote:
Schedule 3 = jail time and fines. I'm sorry you have such a difficult time understanding this.
Jail time and fines for possession will still be controlled for the most part by state law. Schedule 3 will at least allow for greater research and banking access for legal businesses, which is further than Trump is going.

Quote:
I think we can both agree, it should have been legalized years ago.
We can.

Quote:
Democrats have had all the opportunities in the world to do so. Instead, we get bigger government, more pointless wars abroad, more illegals, and more of America circling the drain while the government punishes people for ingesting a benign, harmless plant.
Republicans have also had all the opportunities in the world to do so and have failed to do so.

At least the Democratic party has now evolved on the issue to the point where most people in the party favor legalization. I believe the ultimate 2020 D nominee will favor it as well.

The R party will continue to not do so because of religious social conservatives.

Old 11-19-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
You know almost all of my posts have been about Biden's position on the issue, right?

You call me a Biden stooge when I discuss the thread topic and then claim I'm going off topic when I clarify my position on the broader issue. I guess I will bow out of this thread at this point.

No it's not. Virtually no one is prosecuted at the federal level for possession.

Jail time and fines for possession will still be controlled for the most part by state law. Schedule 3 will at least allow for greater research and banking access for legal businesses, which is further than Trump is going.

We can.

Republicans have also had all the opportunities in the world to do so and have failed to do so.

At least the Democratic party has now evolved on the issue to the point where most people in the party favor legalization. I believe the ultimate 2020 D nominee will favor it as well.

The R party will continue to not do so because of religious social conservatives.

If you are waiting for a republican to legalize marijuana, you are going to be waiting your whole life. It is not their fight. This is the democrats fight to fight, and they refuse to do so on the federal level. If someone is growing weed for personal consumption in any state where it is "legal", and the feds find out, that person is in a world of trouble. That is the law, and the democrats have stood by it for 8 years when Obama was president.

Old 11-19-2019, 05:29 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
If you are waiting for a republican to legalize marijuana, you are going to be waiting your whole life. It is not their fight. This is the democrats fight to fight, and they refuse to do so on the federal level. If someone is growing weed for personal consumption in any state where it is "legal", and the feds find out, that person is in a world of trouble. That is the law, and the democrats have stood by it for 8 years when Obama was president.
The dems also targeted opioids when Obama was in office...these were some of the toughest drug laws ever created!

NO party really supports ending the war on drugs in anyway, its just too important to law enforcement.

Old 11-19-2019, 05:34 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
So you admit, Republicans will never allow it to be legalized. Therefore, anybody who wants it legal needs to vote Democratic.

This is why I think we are still 10-15 years minimum from legalization. The Christian Right in the current era is still too powerful.

Old 11-19-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
So you admit, Republicans will never allow it to be legalized. Therefore, anybody who wants it legal needs to vote Democratic.

This is why I think we are still 10-15 years minimum from legalization. The Christian Right in the current era is still too powerful.

They will allow it to be legalized, as they have already done on the state level. Many will gladly vote to legalize it, if they ever get the opportunity to vote on it. But they are not going to push a measure forward to legalize it. It's not their fight to fight. It is the democrats who consistently give lip service and hint that they will, but so far, they have failed to do so. The republicans have not stood in the way of the will of the people. That is something the democrats have been doing ever since Trump was elected.

Old 11-19-2019, 07:42 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
What a silly thing to suggest! When prohibition ended, did all those bathtub gin drinkers suddenly move on to other criminal activity? Was it a gateway to more damaging drugs or something?

Andy, if you are in jail on federal drug charges you were not busted with a bag pot or even selling drugs on the corner.

Old 11-19-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Andy, if you are in jail on federal drug charges you were not busted with a bag pot or even selling drugs on the corner.

After states decriminalized, many ordinary pot heads got involved with growing. Those people are at great risk of being busted and sentenced to years in prison for a harmless, non violent crime. Most of those people are growing for personal use. That is not right that they are treated the same as someone with a meth lab.

Old 11-19-2019, 10:52 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
After states decriminalized, many ordinary pot heads got involved with growing. Those people are at great risk of being busted and sentenced to years in prison for a harmless, non violent crime. Most of those people are growing for personal use. That is not right that they are treated the same as someone with a meth lab.
Neither should be treated as criminals actually!

Majority of the time, 'low level' dealers are just addicts themselves, trying to feed their own addiction, not until you get up the ranks into the mid level guys did you see people selling that do not use.

Old 11-19-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Neither should be treated as criminals actually!

Majority of the time, 'low level' dealers are just addicts themselves, trying to feed their own addiction, not until you get up the ranks into the mid level guys did you see people selling that do not use.

If you're going to legalize meth, than I would appreciate it if lefties would keep their hands off of our guns. I demand the right to defend myself in a drug infused America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies