Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 11:47 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,400 times

Advertisements

Totally off the rails. Interesting, how liberals don't care that their cities full of plastic syringes littering the streets but in the midst of a violent crime crisis all they can do is sit around and make people's lives difficult by voting on a plastic bag ban.

Plastic syringes with lots of diseases littered all over are wonderful but god forbid people have a plastic bag to carry their groceries home with on the bus.

The Democrats are fixated on crap that doesn't matter and in they want to make American's lives difficult while completely ignoring the moral cancer, filth and war-zone state of affairs in their third-world quality of life cities.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/...ater-shut-offs

https://homicides.news.baltimoresun.com/?range=2019
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 11:50 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
I love plastic bags, especially at the grocery story, I can carry like 15 bags of stuff at one time, try doing that with brown paper bags!

I dont understand why they dont encourage people to recycle the plastic bags like they used to, our grocery store used to have a big barrel for people to turn in used plastic bags, its been gone for a couple years now.

Old 11-19-2019, 12:08 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Is this the final straw for OP to actually become a capitalist by calling for complete privatization of property?

*plays Jeopardy! music in his head*

Nah, he'll remain a Marxist and insist that Baltimore government "clean up" the streets.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:10 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,628 posts, read 16,111,637 times
Paper bags= "youre killing the planet"
Plastic bags="youre killing the planet"
Next="youre killing the planet"
Baltimore= killing eachother "meh, plastic"

Old 11-19-2019, 04:17 AM

29,792 posts, read 24,876,501 times
Democrats support population control, so it's easy for them to ignore when criminals are busy killing each other. They don't want the filth created by man to destroy the planet, and future generations of all life, so at least they stand for something meaningful. Plastic pollution is no joke. The stuff does not break down. It will remain in the environment for 1000's of years, and it is harmful to most anything living. I would not mind if man finds ways to drastically reduce plastic consumption and the resulting waste going forward, especially in the area of single use disposable goods, plastic packaging, etc. Sure, we'll have to kill a few more trees, but at least nature has a plan for the waste that will inevitably be created.

Problem is, democrats are not practical thinkers, so they will likely not come up with practical solutions that work in the real world. For that, they will need to hire a few practical thinkers to do all the work for them, so lefties can take credit for it and pat themselves on the back for the rest of their days.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:35 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Totally off the rails. Interesting, how liberals don't care that their cities full of plastic syringes littering the streets but in the midst of a violent crime crisis all they can do is sit around and make people's lives difficult by voting on a plastic bag ban.

Plastic syringes with lots of diseases littered all over are wonderful but god forbid people have a plastic bag to carry their groceries home with on the bus.

The Democrats are fixated on crap that doesn't matter and in they want to make American's lives difficult while completely ignoring the moral cancer, filth and war-zone state of affairs in their third-world quality of life cities.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/...ater-shut-offs

https://homicides.news.baltimoresun.com/?range=2019
I actually don't have a problem with the plastic bag ban, and perhaps Baltimore is beyond fixing with regards to the crime. At least they are trying to do something that might make a difference in some way. Plastic bags are bad news, difficult to recycle and a lot of them end up in landfills.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:53 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Meaningless unless they include straws in the ban.

Old 11-19-2019, 04:54 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I actually don't have a problem with the plastic bag ban, and perhaps Baltimore is beyond fixing with regards to the crime. At least they are trying to do something that might make a difference in some way. Plastic bags are bad news, difficult to recycle and a lot of them end up in landfills.
Yeah its what landfills are for.

Old 11-19-2019, 05:14 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,571,779 times
I try to avoid both human vermin-infested big cities and plastic bags. I take my own cloth bags to the grocery.

Old 11-19-2019, 05:20 AM

40,949 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Apparently it's the way they control Litter and Bad People in Baltimore.

It must be acceptable.

Too bad Elijah Cummings died. I'm sure he would have been all over this high murder rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies