Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2019, 09:21 AM

996 posts, read 379,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Withholding strategic aid earmarked to help an strategic ally fend off military incursion by a geopolitical foe is contrary to our national interests. Encouraging a foreign nation to conjure up a baseless investigation in order to influence the outcome our Presidential election is contrary to our national interest. I would have thought those facts to be fairly self-evident.
Obama did it . Gave them socks.
Hillary and the DNC did it, hired Fusion GPS with info from Russia and the Steele Dosier.
remember ?

Old 11-19-2019, 09:23 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
The guy is a lying sack of garbage. His nervousness is distracting to his testimony. He comes off like Blasey-Ford, just throw a few lines out and hope it sticks.

Old 11-19-2019, 09:23 AM

473 posts, read 237,145 times
I just saw on live video Republican Rep Devin Nunes question LT Colonel Alexander Vindham, while he did not say anything good about President Trump he did not say anything to bad against President Trump. But I will have to wait till I review a written transcript and compare it to the video to make sure.

But from my own personal perspective do the delight of the Democrats and the anti Trumpers, I think Republican Devin Nunes from California who questioned Alexander Vindham did a lousy job questioning him. I think I would have done a much better job and a good job questioning him. I wonder how my fellow Republicans and pro Trumpers view how well or how bad Republican Rep Devin Nunes questioned Alexander Vindham?

But I just heard LT Colonel Vindham say to the consul guy questioning him, he had no contact with President Trump, so what does anyone here pro or con Trump thinks about this and the testimonies so far?

I have no idea who the counsel who questioned them is, is he a democrat or a Republicans and what is his name?

While Jenifer Williams aid to President Pence, said the phone call of Sept 25 of President Trump seemed unsual she did not provide any information against President Trump, from my personal perspective interpretation. I wonder how my fellow Republicans and Pro Turmpers view how well or how bad to President Trump was Jenifer Williams testimony?

Thank you for your pro or con replies to my questions?

Old 11-19-2019, 09:24 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Withholding strategic aid earmarked to help an strategic ally fend off military incursion by a geopolitical foe is contrary to our national interests. Encouraging a foreign nation to conjure up a baseless investigation in order to influence the outcome our Presidential election is contrary to our national interest. I would have thought those facts to be fairly self-evident.
They got their aid and did nothing in exchange for it. Obama gave them useless blankets instead of selling them anti-tank missiles. The left didn't have a problem with it.

Old 11-19-2019, 09:25 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Vindman testified under oath last month that he didn't know who the whistleblower is.

But when asked to name the unnamed intel analyst he leaked the July 25 call to, he refused, and his attorney said he wouldn't name the whistleblower.

Vindman lied last month.

Big Trouble. Big Lie.
Or maybe he didn't know a month ago, but now knows.

Old 11-19-2019, 09:25 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
this is the worst thing that could happen to the Dems impeachment, a bumbling, stumbling, con man, testifying. This impeachment futility may end today. Now he's admitting he was in over his head.

he's losing it, becoming delusional.
He is very credible and it is clear his first priority is the national security of our country.

Old 11-19-2019, 09:27 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
These witnesses were trotted out as experts on Ukraine and they know as little about what went on than just about anyone !!!
Possibly because Trump wasn't using the experts and was going around proper protocol by using Giulani.

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Nunes is saying that Ukraine interfered in the 2016 election against Trump. And he is also casting aspersions on Hunter Biden, saying he put U.S. security at risk. These people are so desperate, and sadly, Republican voters are neither sophisticated, nor smart enough, to realize how ridiculous their counter claims sound.
This claim (the bolded) appears to have originated with the Russian FSB as a deflection from their own efforts. Funny how that idea could spread so quickly among Republican politicians and be propagated by them in the public forum, the very same people who roundly criticize our own National Security apparatus.

The Republican Party today marches to the tune of The World Turned Upside Down.

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Or maybe he didn't know a month ago, but now knows.
The problem is he said today that he doesn't know who the whistleblower is so he has to pretend he doesn't know while refusing to answer questions because he knows.

It's a situation that outs him as a liar and a bad actor, but he'll avoid legal trouble

Old 11-19-2019, 09:28 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Nunes did a beautiful job!
REP. DEVIN NUNES: Mr. Vindman, you testified in your deposition that you did not know the whistleblower.

LT. COL. ALEXANDER VINDMAN: Ranking member, it's Lieutenant Colonel Vindman, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies