Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 11:53 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,522,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You can spin it all you want to defend homosexuality but if you believe in God

marriage is covenant between a man and a woman that become one flesh. The marriage of homosexuals and lesbians, men with men and women with women, is an abomination against God and a perversion against nature.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy...-households-us
I'm sorry you were raised this way.

I'm not sure why you think other people should behave according to your personal religious beliefs. Those are your beliefs, for you to live your life by. Other people have their beliefs to live their lives by. It's all good, as long as you aren't physically hurting anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2019, 12:04 AM

29,452 posts, read 16,378,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The number of Gays and Lesbians is so small it is insignificant. If it makes them happy, I am fine with it. We're talking about 1% of the population, so who cares what they do? Just don't try to normalize it to my kids in School, Media, Social Media and Entertainment like they are doing.
So if your kid is gay, you are arguing they shouldnt feel normal ? I have never understood this argument from conservatives

It like you believe there is some barrier you hit at 18 that flips on some switches in your head and nothing existed before. Thats not how the real world works.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:00 AM

34,154 posts, read 18,431,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So if your kid is gay, you are arguing they shouldnt feel normal ? I have never understood this argument from conservatives

It like you believe there is some barrier you hit at 18 that flips on some switches in your head and nothing existed before. Thats not how the real world works.

If my kid was gay, I wouldn't expect him to go around glorifying and promoting it for others. That's the difference you can't understand. There is one point to human sexuality, and that is procreation, that's the primary purpose. Not the only purpose, but that is why we have a sexual attraction to the opposite sex. So, no, it isn't "normal" at its very basic principal.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:45 AM

32,957 posts, read 12,241,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackbasket View Post
Im pretty sure the OP would love this If he knew they all voted republican.

Admit it
If the OP votes in my county (he may still have his house that he's owned longer in another county), then he's voting in the only county in the country where Trump beat Hillary by more than 100,000 votes. Trump didn't get there with my vote, nor Scooby Snacks' vote (her house is in the same county) but, IIRC, the OP voted for Trump.

Old 11-21-2019, 06:15 AM

5,249 posts, read 6,168,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackbasket View Post
Can we agree democrats are nutjobs on illegals.

Nothing bible thumping about that!!
So is the Catholic Church.

Old 11-21-2019, 07:53 AM

29,452 posts, read 16,378,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
If my kid was gay, I wouldn't expect him to go around glorifying and promoting it for others. That's the difference you can't understand. There is one point to human sexuality, and that is procreation, that's the primary purpose. Not the only purpose, but that is why we have a sexual attraction to the opposite sex. So, no, it isn't "normal" at its very basic principal.
Got it, you would disown your kid and pretend sexuality didnt exist until the age of 18 . Thanks for the clarification.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:03 AM

19,687 posts, read 10,019,189 times
Don't forget, his "loving" god threatens to torture you for eternity if you dare to believe differently than what the Bible says.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:15 AM

34,154 posts, read 18,431,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Got it, you would disown your kid and pretend sexuality didnt exist until the age of 18 . Thanks for the clarification.

So now you have to make up things I didn't say? Where did I say that? Please show me the quote.

People like you believe that if you don't constantly bang the "gay is great!" drum, and promote and glorify them and their lifestyle as the preferred, you're a homophobe. Pathetic.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:19 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,761,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Don't forget, his "loving" god threatens to torture you for eternity if you dare to believe differently than what the Bible says.
Or if you vote differently than how your pastor says.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:39 AM

72,846 posts, read 62,260,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You can spin it all you want to defend homosexuality but if you believe in God

marriage is covenant between a man and a woman that become one flesh. The marriage of homosexuals and lesbians, men with men and women with women, is an abomination against God and a perversion against nature.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy...-households-us
I'm not arguing for or against homosexuality. It's not a lifestyle for me. I am a straight male. With this in mind, the 1 million same sex households is dwarfed by the number of households that consist of single people.

According to the U.S. Census, over 35 million households are headed by single people.
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres.../families.html

Alot of people, alot of heterosexual people, aren't getting married or having kids at all. I'm one of those heterosexual persons in their 30s who have never had kids or has never been married.

I'm not a big proponent of homosexuality, but I think there are some other things to look at as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies