Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2019, 09:48 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackbasket View Post
The is only helping Trump right now, looking at the polls.

Not sure why Democrats are for this
Trump's polls (released today) show him moving ahead in Wisconson. A very real warning that the dems are going to lose the mid-west again and with that any chance of replacing him.

Americans, by & large, are fair...and that's what the left refuses to understand. They know that after the Russian fiasco & 3 years of this "show me the man and I'll show you the crime" theatre...the public has had enough.

I'm not one to give advice to the other side, but the democrats should censure Trump in the House & wipe their hands of this. It's politically the best way to salvage this situation IMHO for them.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:30 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Bombshell testimony against Trump today. That's just a fact.

1. Sondland said they were following Trump's orders.
2. Everyone was in the loop, including Pompeo, Mulvaney and Giuliani.
3. There was quid pro quo and it wasn't a secret.
4. Sondland said he learned the military aid was tied to Ukraine's investigations on Sept 8.
5. Multiple witnesses have said Ukraine knew the aid was cut off, destroying a Republican talking point.
6. Sondland expressed concerns to Pence, who just nodded.
7. Much of the testimony is backed up by e-mails and text messages.

Trumpers can go "neener neener" all they want but it's not going to change the fact that Trump took a huge blow today and the body of evidence against him is very deep. He's guilty.
Wait, "But Obama/Hillary/Biden" isn't a defense?

Old 11-20-2019, 10:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
He just said the Trump wanted a Quid Pro Quo.

Opps.
He just said Schiff is a liar, by answering Yes....

Old 11-20-2019, 11:12 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,251,233 times
https://twitter.com/kaivanshroff/sta...96681030737921

Old 11-20-2019, 11:33 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times
What amazes me from this whole sordid episode with Trump and Ukraine is how Trump, who claims to be so smart, throws his future and fortune as President in with Rudy Giuliani. Surely Trumpers must wonder and be very concerned about his reasoning and lack of common sense in selecting Rudy as his “personal” lawyer and then empowers him to conduct illegal acts with a foreign country for Trump’s personal benefit. Trumpers always bend over backwards to attest to Trump’s intelligence but time after time he proves them wrong.

Old 11-20-2019, 11:53 PM

357 posts, read 222,513 times
You know I actually watched some of this over exaggerated, insulting and outright weak attempt to imply that Trump did some sort of crime today and was amazed by the utter stupidity and almost embarrassed to be American. If this is what we voted into any position of importance in this country - we have more real serious problems. I almost feel like this is how they really feel about the public which is that we are not smart and are ran by emotions and will follow the herd rather than any ability to look at actual facts by listening to what is being said then processing that information correctly. If this is all they have once again I fear for the dem party- and this comes from a person who was registered dem for years but am glad i jumped that ship 6 years ago!! I am almost speechless which never happens

Old 11-21-2019, 12:07 AM

357 posts, read 222,513 times
For anyone that wants to harp on the Trump not knowing Sondland or really knowing him that is so pety and lame it does not prove any guilt if it is not completely truthful. What I want to know is why is Bidens son sitting on a board of a company that is thought to be majorly corrupt in the Ukrain? Making a million dollars a year to do so!! Why does he also work for a company in China that is owned by Whitey Bulgers nephew? Thats an awful lot of rolling with the wrong kind of people if you ask me especially when your father is about to run for the presidency. Since they are such a large part of this whole thing I want to ask them a few questions. This is what they do with their time on our dime people - wake up dont we have real problems in this country?

Old 11-21-2019, 12:37 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
For anyone that wants to harp on the Trump not knowing Sondland or really knowing him that is so pety and lame it does not prove any guilt if it is not completely truthful. What I want to know is why is Bidens son sitting on a board of a company that is thought to be majorly corrupt in the Ukrain? Making a million dollars a year to do so!! Why does he also work for a company in China that is owned by Whitey Bulgers nephew? Thats an awful lot of rolling with the wrong kind of people if you ask me especially when your father is about to run for the presidency. Since they are such a large part of this whole thing I want to ask them a few questions. This is what they do with their time on our dime people - wake up dont we have real problems in this country?
BUT - none of the foregoing is of any consequence whatsoever to Trump's attempts to withhold UNITED STATE FOREIGN AID FOR HIS OWN PERSONAL POLITICAL GAIN which is why impeachment hearings were begun - and why this thread exists.

Trump's only reason for withholding this money was to obtain a political sound byte (the announcement of an investigation by Ukraine) to use against Biden. This has been well documented in the hearings. It didn't matter if there never was an investigation. Trump wanted that sound byte to attack Biden at his never-ending ego rallies.

There is NO legitimacy - in fact it is illegal - to withhold Congressionally designated United States financial aid to a foreign country - until that country complies with your personal political objective. It's called abuse of power, extortion, and is against campaign finance laws (quid pro quo).

This is yet another of Trump's baseless attempts at character assassination. He will say and do anything if there is personal gain in it for him.

Clearly, you did not hear Sondland's opening statement nor did you hear the testimony of Volker and Morrison, nor anything else of consequence, for that matter.

What has come through loud and clear in these hearings is Trump is a dishonest, self-serving, dangerous and irresponsible leader - who compromises national security every day he walks into that Oval Office.

He is unfit for the office and needs to be removed. Do I think that will happen - no. We have to live with that crazy monster for another year. Let's hope that's all it is.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 11-21-2019 at 12:56 AM..

Old 11-21-2019, 01:29 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,260,804 times
Default The President and impeachment

Can the President be ordered to testify during impeachment process?

Old 11-21-2019, 01:42 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Can the President be ordered to testify during impeachment process?

OMG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies