Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2019, 05:10 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Sondland testified that was a clear quid pro quo delivered by Giuliani that Zelensky announce the investigations to receive the WH call and WH visit. The co-existing quid pro quo he came to realize only over time. Sondland is hardly alone here. (See texts and testimony from Bill Taylor, the acting U.S. ambassador.) There is extensive testimony that no one thought the military holdup was appropriate with numerous individuals expressing their concern.

Trump (nor anyone) did not directly inform Sondland of the second quid pro quo.
In your dreams!

Old 11-21-2019, 05:14 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Trump solicited a bribe.

If you heard Ms Cooper you would have learned that the Ukrainians knew the aid was being held up.

They were going through their Embassy.

Not wanting their President to be involved in the extortion (bribe).

Trump committed an impeachable offence. The proof is right in front of all our eyes.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It's not only about 400 million - it's about like the total future of Ukraine. The 400 million was just one tiny piece of what Z needed and needs if he and the Ukrainians are going to "head west" like they want to.

When Trump tells him, directly or otherwise, that he

doesn't like foreign aid.
wants europe to do more.
wants rudy and the DOJ to talk to Z.
wants Z to publicly announce investigations in Democrats.
or ANYTHING ELSE, Z has two choices.

1. Do it...one way or another.
2. Call Putin and say he wants to be back in the greater Russian sphere.

There is not a third option.

Basically, Trump was attempting to corrupt Z (and would have) because Z and many Ukrainians want self-determination. The Boss Man said "if you want self-determination you have to do what I say".....and the "I" means Donald Trump, not the USA.
You should try writing FICTION novels!

Old 11-21-2019, 05:21 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You should try writing FICTION novels!
Common sense is lacking in that statement.

Trump held up aid for his personal gain.

Trump was bribing a foreign nation for personal gain.

Bribery is an impeachable offence in Art. II Sec. 4

Old 11-21-2019, 05:22 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump solicited a bribe.

If you heard Ms Cooper you would have learned that the Ukrainians knew the aid was being held up.

They were going through their Embassy.

Not wanting their President to be involved in the extortion (bribe).

Trump committed an impeachable offence. The proof is right in front of all our eyes.
Nobody believes LYING Democrats anymore!

Trump 2020!

Old 11-21-2019, 05:22 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Pretty stunning that no one in a position of responsibility could explain why $400M in aid was being withheld and this went on for several months. Sondland tied everyone together, the three amigos, Giuliani and others were all well aware that they were holding up military aid for a country at war for purely political reasons. If I heard correctly Cooper indicated they could not obligate all of the funding by Sept 30 and lost $100M.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:24 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"for he still wanted Zelensky to do the "right thing" which for Trump meant the investigations."

The "do the right thing" was for the NEW president to do what he RAN ON., to go after CORRUPTION in his country.
Sometimes I swear to God people are not paying attention to the investigation. If folks really think Trump is concerned with rooting out corruption anywhere, here, there, it doesn't matter, then we deserve the imbeciles we get in Washington. Trump oozes slime. He's the head reptile in the swamp

Old 11-21-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That is debatable. It would be one thing for that Trump is completely innocent and we should not have any more hearings, but I didn't hear a slam dunk. I say let the voters decide because we all know the Republican Party is in lock step that Trump didn't do anything wrong and continue to say that even if it is surely muddy. I'm not saying it is as dire to impeach Trump as I once did, but I'm not saying he is all clear. Far from it.
" but I didn't hear a slam dunk." take the cotton out of your eaes.
In cross examination Y ADMITTED it he "presumed" and later ADMITTED NO ONE told him there was a quid pro quo.

Y ASKED Trump DIRECTLY, and Trump said "I want NOTHING...."

I know after so many defeats after hillary lost another one is tough to handle but, as they say "put you BIG mans pants on....."!

Old 11-21-2019, 05:26 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Think about the mental state of Trump who needs to write down in big capital letters (note) "I WANT NOTHING".....

That would seem a simple enough phrase to commit to memory.

Remember when Obama was BAD BAD BAD for using a teleprompter?

Old 11-21-2019, 05:27 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Common sense is lacking in that statement.

Trump held up aid for his personal gain.

Trump was bribing a foreign nation for personal gain.

Bribery is an impeachable offence in Art. II Sec. 4
WRONG! Any delay of funding was prudent when dealing with a corrupt country in transition! Your "personal gain" claim is hollow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies