Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 02:27 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
They made the guy remove his makeup because his face wouldn't be able to be picked up by face recognition software.

1. I don't understand. They don't make women remove their make-up.
And 2. not able to be picked up by face recognition software? GOOD! Shouldn't have this Big Brother sick surveillance apparatus in the first place.
My first driver's license, I had red lipstick and black eye shadow and they told me I had to remove it and basically look how I would without make up. Enough to cover blemishes, but I wasn't allowed to look like Dolly Parton either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 02:42 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yes, males and females should be treated equally under the law.
So then women have to take off their make up too for ID photographs.

But what does treated equal mean? Treated identically? If you treat males and females identically, that wouldn't really be equal since they are different.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:47 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Another drama queen.

He/she wasn't fully 'trasnsitioned' into the other gender and they had every right to make that request.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tran...70.html?bcmt=1
Tough. Gets some mental therapy.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:49 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
If women can wear makeup in their pics why can't men or trans people?
Because the camouflage he wore probably had to be removed with a hammer and chisel.

Old 11-22-2019, 03:54 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So then women have to take off their make up too for ID photographs.

But what does treated equal mean? Treated identically? If you treat males and females identically, that wouldn't really be equal since they are different.
It means that if a female is required to do A to get a license, then a male should be required to do A too. If a male is prohibited from doing B to get a license then a female is prohibited from doing it to. The law and government requirements should be the same regardless of what is in your pants.

This isn't a difficult concept.

Old 11-22-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Because the camouflage he wore probably had to be removed with a hammer and chisel.
Check the pics I linked earlier. Those women don't even look like the same person in the before and after pics and I bet they aren't told to remove their makeup.

Old 11-22-2019, 04:13 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Women wear makeup in their DL photos, why can't men?

Old 11-22-2019, 05:12 PM

838 posts, read 565,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Exactly.
If this transgender woman normally wears make up and it is normal make up not changing her appearance I dont understand why she couldn't leave it on.
I do agree that these are double-standards, So a cys-woman can wear make-up but not someone who's transitioning?
If its somehow a threat to national security as it makes it harder for surveillance systems to work etc. then make it a blanket policy, Don't just pick on the tranny.

Old 11-22-2019, 05:34 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
What does a name change have to do with makeup? If Sally can wear makeup in her photo, then Bob can wear makeup in his.
Why does the left view such ridiculous notions as “progress” in society? The sooner this guy gets used to the idea he was born male, not “assigned”, the better he’ll function in this world.

On a related note, mimes nationwide are following this story with great interest.

Old 11-22-2019, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Why does the left view such ridiculous notions as “progress” in society? The sooner this guy gets used to the idea he was born male, not “assigned”, the better he’ll function in this world.

On a related note, mimes nationwide are following this story with great interest.
I don;t care if he was not transitioning, a male should be allowed to wear makeup if a woman is allowed to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies