Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 01:25 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Stop trying to divide and split America.We should all be happy when any part of our country sees success.Get off that crap and try to be more like an American.

Asking when are jobs coming to Middle America is dividing America? Wasn't that part of Trump's campaign? Why is it suddenly off limit?

There are may Americans who'd like to know the answer to that question. You're saying they should just hunker down or else they are no longer Americans???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2019, 01:53 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There's only one issue. You hate to see America succeed as they did here with 1000s of new jobs simply because it was Trump's policies that made it happen.

It's a shame that Democrats would rather destroy the USA rather than to lose to Trump.
He wouldn’t need to wave tariffs on the contractor to save jobs if the moron didn’t put them there in the first place.

As the other poster pointed out, Apple bought the land four years ago. They’re not bringing back manufacturing jobs, it’s a design campus. White collar jobs and likely a bunch of work visas involved. trump is merely piggy backing off plans that were put in place prior to his administration.

From my personal businesses his policies have done nothing but add costs to two industries i operate in.

The guys a fool about the economy.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:04 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
This constant lying and misinformation by the Left over the consistently good news on our economy reeks of desperation. This is a massive new project that rivals amazon HQ2 in Crystal city Virginia and Nashville.

The left just needs to keep praying for recession
Yes it is a massive no project that has been in the works for at least 4 years and it has nothing to do with manufacturing. Notice I am not giving credit to Obama. Developments on this scale are all about the city and state. Does not matter who is sitting the oval or shows for the photo op.

Kudos to Trump for granting waivers on tariffs that he imposed that saved 300 jobs at an Apple contractor.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:08 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
He wouldn’t need to wave tariffs on the contractor to save jobs if the moron didn’t put them there in the first place.

As the other poster pointed out, Apple bought the land four years ago. They’re not bringing back manufacturing jobs, it’s a design campus. White collar jobs and likely a bunch of work visas involved. trump is merely piggy backing off plans that were put in place prior to his administration.

From my personal businesses his policies have done nothing but add costs to two industries i operate in.

The guys a fool about the economy.
He did the same thing when Toyota Mississippi announced their expansion. The company had planned expansion since purchasing the property in 2009 or 2010. They even poured the slab for the expansion when they built the original facility.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:15 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There's only one issue. You hate to see America succeed as they did here with 1000s of new jobs simply because it was Trump's policies that made it happen.

It's a shame that Democrats would rather destroy the USA rather than to lose to Trump.
I am hardly a Democrat. I voted for Trump but did not drink the kool- aid.

The engineering campus has nothing to do with Trump or for that matter, Obama. The state/ county/ city made that happen and it’s been in the works for at least 4 years.

Trump deserves credit for saving 300 factory jobs at one of Apple’s contractors when he waived tariffs he imposed.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Trump opened up an Apple manufacturing plant? WOW - I did not know he was the CEO calling the shots at that company! He sure gets all the credit.
Ivanka went too--photo ops--she can pretend she is creating more jobs to add to the 14 million Trump claims she already created.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:20 PM

1,086 posts, read 442,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Yes it is a massive no project that has been in the works for at least 4 years and it has nothing to do with manufacturing. Notice I am not giving credit to Obama. Developments on this scale are all about the city and state. Does not matter who is sitting the oval or shows for the photo op.

Kudos to Trump for granting waivers on tariffs that he imposed that saved 300 jobs at an Apple contractor.
That is a complete lie that this campus in Austin was planned 4 years ago.

Old 11-21-2019, 03:44 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am hardly a Democrat. I voted for Trump but did not drink the kool- aid.

The engineering campus has nothing to do with Trump or for that matter, Obama. The state/ county/ city made that happen and it’s been in the works for at least 4 years.

Trump deserves credit for saving 300 factory jobs at one of Apple’s contractors when he waived tariffs he imposed.
You don't give someone credit for a mess they made in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
That is a complete lie that this campus in Austin was planned 4 years ago.
Where's your proof it's a lie?

I'm a small business and expansions like this on my scale take years of planning.

Old 11-21-2019, 04:11 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Apple and Trump = turning Texas Blue while "conservative" Texans cheer for them!

You couldn't make that one up.

And, for those who don't know things.

FROM 2016:

"Apple has quietly moved thousands of employees into a campus that is bigger than any other that the company currently has—and it’s not its Cupertino, Calif. headquarters.

The iPhone maker last week moved into a massive 1.1-million-square-foot campus in north Austin, as well as another smaller 216,000 square foot campus in southwest Austin, the company has confirmed. In total, Apple (AAPL) now has more than 6,000 employees in Texas’ capital.

Apple’s presence in Austin, which dates back to 1992, has fluctuated over time. But in recent years, the city has become a major hub for the company as it expanded outside its Silicon Valley base."

The Trump Time Machine is again at work.

See - the word "quietly" is in the text above....that is, people like Obama just worked hard and stuff happened quietly. Trump, on the other hand, has to run around and try to take credit for stuff he has nothing to do with. Trump has HURT Apple......but Apple is so much more powerful than The Don that it cannot be held back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies