Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 07:59 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times

Advertisements

I’m not talking only about illegals. I’m talking about legal immigrants too. And I ‘m talking about white ones, brown ones, yellow ones.....from every single country.
Read any major newspaper: it is astounding how much crime is perpetrated by newcomers. ALL types of crime. Will any one ever talk about this?? Will the needed studies ever be done, to get hard numbers and costs?? Of course not.

My God, what a chump country we have become. Someone just tattoo “CHUMP” on our foreheads, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2019, 08:17 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I’m not talking only about illegals. I’m talking about legal immigrants too. And I ‘m talking about white ones, brown ones, yellow ones.....from every single country.
Read any major newspaper: it is astounding how much crime is perpetrated by newcomers. ALL types of crime. Will any one ever talk about this?? Will the needed studies ever be done, to get hard numbers and costs?? Of course not.

My God, what a chump country we have become. Someone just tattoo “CHUMP” on our foreheads, please.
That's complete utter rubbish. Immigrants commit far fewer crimes than citizens, period.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/u...nts-crime.html

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...506-story.html

https://thehill.com/latino/324607-re...-born-citizens

Old 12-03-2019, 08:18 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:

How about providing factual unbiased links to support your little claim.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:18 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:

You go first.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:28 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,643 posts, read 16,125,463 times
43% of federal offenders 2018 were "immigrants"

https://www.ussc.gov/research/quick-...eral-offenders

Old 12-03-2019, 08:30 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:

Excuse me, but this is the problem of people posting opinion as if it were fact.

In fact, immigrants commit fewer crimes. The problem is that the media jumps on the story and it distorts your perception. It reminds me of the interesting statistic in "Bowling for Columbine," that as crime went down, crime stories in the news went up.

You might find these helpful:

The Myth of the Criminal Immigrant
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...tion-myth.html

Two charts demolish the notion that immigrants commit more crime
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...it-more-crime/

Old 12-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,643 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post

Who ya gonna believe, the ny times, wapo or the ussc?

Old 12-03-2019, 08:35 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,071,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post

i think because of what counts as a felony. If you illegally cross the border or illegally carry something into the U.S a state isn't always going to prosecute you. It's akin to calling El Chapo an immigrant because he has the ability to be charged in the U.S even though from all intents and purposes he's just an international criminal rather than an immigrant... non-citizens doesn't equal immigrants. I'm pretty sure he counts under the numbers your siting, and that's likely where a lot of the numbers come from.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:49 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
I find it hard to believe since my husband is an immigrant who went through the legal system ten years ago. He was required to have a thorough background check (called a "police check" in the UK.) He didn't have so much as a speeding ticket. And he has not committed any crimes here either.

My next door neighbor is an immigrant from Scotland and down the road is an Irish immigrant. All legal immigrants and respectable people. The process of getting into this country is stringent and if you've never been near it, you probably don't know. They want to know everything about you, your family, your parents, your life.

The same can't be said for illegals. We don't know anything about them or even who they really are in many cases. Don't lump legal immigrants/green card holders in with illegals!

Old 12-03-2019, 08:50 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,903,185 times
The leftist media lie, lie, lie. All day, all the time.

They will try to hide whether or not a criminal is from another country. (But if you dig deep enough, you can usually find out).

Most immigrants come here just looking to take advantage of Americans. Legally or illegally....it makes no difference. That’s the mindset these days. TONS of serious organized criminals coming in. Blue collar, white collar, and no collar. Looking to commit crimes and abuse Americans.
Leftists have no problem with this. Bizarre. (And one reason why I left the left).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies