Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 03:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

The two gentlemen in the car were well within there rights to not show ID. The officer was off-duty acting as a security guard and he had no probable cause to walk up to the car and demand ID. Also, when the two gentlemen asked for the officer's supervisor he did not comply because.....he had no probable cause.

How dare black Americans know their rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I guess I am the only person who thought those two guys acted like punks. Arguing, refusing to show id...over and over. I thought the police officer was fine after dealing with those two.

Old 11-21-2019, 03:52 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Two things can be true at once. He can be a racist cop, and the driver can be contributing to the incident.

The 2 min mark sounds odd to me. Leads me to think the driver saw the cop looking at him then drove around again to come past the cop thinking they may be able to get some footage. When asked why they came back around, one started to answer before the other guy cut him off from revealing their motivation. He was the smarter guy.

Old 11-21-2019, 03:57 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Two things can be true at once. He can be a racist cop, and the driver can be contributing to the incident.

The 2 min mark sounds odd to me. Leads me to think the driver saw the cop looking at him then drove around again to come past the cop thinking they may be able to get some footage. When asked why they came back around, one started to answer before the other guy cut him off from revealing their motivation. He was the smarter guy.
Is it illegal to drive through a lot twice?

Old 11-21-2019, 04:12 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Is it illegal to drive through a lot twice?
Obviously not.

My point is simple. Some people say the cop is obviously racist and did the wrong thing. I agree. Some think the car occupants contributed to the situation by their behaviour (not their skin colour). That can also be true and is possible based on the evidence of the video. Two things can be true at once.

Great news that this man is no longer in a position to have authority over anyone. Racist and incompetent. The guys in the car got a scalp and some internet fame, which I suspect was their intention and the reason for circling around to get back in front of the cop.

Old 11-21-2019, 04:32 PM

3,838 posts, read 1,787,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The cop had no right to request id when the men had not displayed any suspicious behavior---
These two gentlemen
Gentlemen LOL.....I don't think so. They argued, refused to show ID, demanded he call his supervisor...Answer this, why was the videotape rolling already before the officer walked over to their vehicle? What normal person starts videotaping before an interaction? I agree with the officer, it did seem suspicious.

Old 11-21-2019, 04:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Gentlemen LOL.....I don't think so. They argued, refused to show ID, demanded he call his supervisor...Answer this, why was the videotape rolling already before the officer walked over to their vehicle? What normal person starts videotaping before an interaction? I agree with the officer, it did seem suspicious.
This ain't NAZI Germany folks!
They ain't no one's property.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:28 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Quote:
In this day and age, it is VERY prudent to start filming these encounters because it does two things. One, it captures people abusing their positions of power and is definitive proof. There's no way these people can then deny they did anything wrong, those days are long gone. Second, it can show that the people filming acted with some measure of restraint considering how they were treated.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:58 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
In this day and age, it is VERY prudent to start filming these encounters because it does two things. One, it captures people abusing their positions of power and is definitive proof. There's no way these people can then deny they did anything wrong, those days are long gone. Second, it can show that the people filming acted with some measure of restraint considering how they were treated.

Agree.

And then we have the young man followed and then pulled over for an air freshener

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NqZnm7wQeg&t=190s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies