Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 11:21 AM

2,923 posts, read 967,828 times

Advertisements

Interesting article from Psychology Today. It's from a few months ago but still pretty current. I thought I would look into it since conservatives are now called fat trailer trash.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...thier-liberals

"Political psychology has long been interested in psychological differences between people with conservative and liberal orientations. A recent paper provides evidence that people with conservative political attitudes tend to have better health than their liberal counterparts because of the former place greater value on personal responsibility (Chan, 2019). This may also be a reflection of higher conscientiousness among conservatives. The author of this study suggests that it might be possible to increase conservatism as a way to improve health-related behavior. However, this seems rather unlikely and might have unintended and undesirable consequences even if it were possible."

It appears that conservatives are healthier because they value personal responsibility more than liberals.

Liberals, what are your thoughts and excuses for this?

Old 11-21-2019, 11:22 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,198,909 times
Apparently it's true. Ignorance is bliss.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:36 PM

2,923 posts, read 967,828 times
Crickets of course

Old 11-21-2019, 12:38 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,927,066 times
Hilarious!

Old 11-21-2019, 12:47 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,372,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
Interesting article from Psychology Today. It's from a few months ago but still pretty current. I thought I would look into it since conservatives are now called fat trailer trash.

"Political psychology has long been interested in psychological differences between people with conservative and liberal orientations. A recent paper provides evidence that people with conservative political attitudes tend to have better health than their liberal counterparts because of the former place greater value on personal responsibility (Chan, 2019). This may also be a reflection of higher conscientiousness among conservatives. The author of this study suggests that it might be possible to increase conservatism as a way to improve health-related behavior. However, this seems rather unlikely and might have unintended and undesirable consequences even if it were possible."

It appears that conservatives are healthier because they value personal responsibility more than liberals.

Personal responsibility/accountability? What is that?

Old 11-21-2019, 12:49 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,161,073 times
lol, I'm not sure Gumby would make a stretch like this.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:51 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,171,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post

This is a joke right?

Conservatives by and large, don't practice personal responsibility. They preach it, they don't act on it. Just look at Trump.

As for the health thing, really? Just go to the red states and compare the people to the blue states. T

Old 11-21-2019, 12:55 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,799,148 times
I've notice most lushes, druggies, licentious, floozies, hedonist and unattractive and lazy tend to be liberal. That has to affect one's mental and physical health and also be a cause or indicator of someone escaping and self-medicating a preexisting mental health issue. Liberalism itself is escapism from hard reality to a degree.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:00 PM

18,986 posts, read 8,991,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I've notice most lushes, druggies, licentious, floozies, hedonist and unattractive and lazy tend to be liberal. That has to affect one's mental and physical health and also be a cause or indicator of someone escaping and self-medicating a preexisting mental health issue. Liberalism itself is escapism from hard reality to a degree.
Go watch footage from a Tea Party rally or a Trump rally. Obesity is the common denominator.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:04 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,442,745 times
Not when ALL of the Red States suffer from an epidemic of morbid obesity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies