Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 10:47 AM

439 posts, read 289,965 times

Advertisements

Why? We all know it's harmless, even less so than e-cigarettes and the like and several states have managed to legalize it, so what's the hold ups with the feds? I hate how due to it when I want weed I have to give my friend with a medical Marijuana card who grows his own money to give me some as opposed to just buying it at Walmart?

Are these people in positions of power just straight up dumb-****s?

Old 11-21-2019, 10:48 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,177,358 times
Land of the free, don't cha know?

Old 11-21-2019, 10:56 AM

1,665 posts, read 974,344 times
Worth more illegal. That way private prisons still get paid for each prisoner, sheriff/police can seize assets and property, pharmaceutical companies would lose money from a drug that WORKS without addiction and only side effect is the munchies...

People in power always assume that they know what's best for Joe Public. Instead of letting each person decide for themselves on what to do or take.

And also a huge factor... follow the money. Money sways people in voting and anything to suit their agenda.

Politicians aren't for us. They're for themselves and lining their own pockets and giving sway to other rich elites.

Also a fun fact: it's safer than water and peanut butter. Water drowns you and well we all know about the nut allergies!

Last edited by DeanGuitarist; 11-21-2019 at 11:04 AM..

Old 11-21-2019, 11:07 AM

1,665 posts, read 974,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Land of the free, don't cha know?
Yep, sure is!

But it's sad that we have more laws forbidding us from doing something than allowing.

Gotta love the Land of the free! Lol

Old 11-21-2019, 11:09 AM

1,417 posts, read 734,205 times
It is not harmless. The only people who think it is harmless are those who use it. I have never, ever seen a well adjusted dope smoker. They may be able to function but that is very different than being well adjusted.

Old 11-21-2019, 11:10 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
It is not harmless. The only people who think it is harmless are those who use it. I have never, ever seen a well adjusted dope smoker. They may be able to function but that is very different than being well adjusted.
It's not harmless but is it dangerous enough that people should go to jail for it? Is it more dangerous than alcohol? Once you remove the stigma, the facts say no.

Old 11-21-2019, 11:11 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 11-21-2019, 11:12 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Not an excuse to put the user in a cage and take their property. Ive never met a well adjusted drug warrior.

P.s. Im not a user

Old 11-21-2019, 11:14 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Yes.
Think of the law enforcement agencies, court systems, industrial prison complex, federal bureaucracies, federal alphabet soup agencies, pharmaceutical co's, et al. that benefit from the criminalizing of substances.

Old 11-21-2019, 11:15 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
LOL:

YES #7 – Andrew Jackson:
Third of the three military men whose letters referred to smoking marijuana with the troops.

Andrew Jackson
Far from the military’s official policy these days, famed U.S. Army General and President Andrew Jackson openly wrote in letters about smoking cannabis with the troops. Now that we know cannabis has incredible effectiveness in fighting Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, it is clear Andrew Jackson was ahead of the curve.

One More
Quote:
Thomas Jefferson and James Madison have both been tied to smoking Indian hemp. The latter noting that it gave him the creativity to create his drafts of the American Constitution, while Thomas Jefferson is tied to the quote, “Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth and protection of the country.” Four other Presidents of the pre-Civil War era, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, Zachary Taylor, and Franklin Pierce also used marijuana recreationally. The last three in this list, all military men, admitted to smoking marijuana with their troops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies