Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 11:24 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,242,173 times

Advertisements

A miracle startup of a moderate 3rd party with massive support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 12:01 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
For the corporate giants that is Rupert Murdoch to say the following or something to the gist of the following:
"Shame on me for selling off most of the Fox Empire, for the USDOJ permitting this semi-monopoly, and for Disney for buying most of Fox. 1000s of lay-offs were not worth it. Uncle Walt and film producer William Fox, the man who built the very empire that I helped dismantle, would not approve of this merger.

We could have partnered with Disney to use the F4 and X-Men. If I had a time machine, I would have never come up with such an idea: destroying most of Fox as we knew it.

Over a century of film-making heritage now gone and I am a big contributor to that! I should have controlled only the current News Corp and not 21st Century Fox at the same time during the pending stages of the acquisition! To reference 1915 silent Fox movie with Theda Bara, a fool there was, er, is, and that fool is me!"

It is somewhat political in the sense that Murdoch would be realizing how foolish it was for a government agency to approve of the merger!

Old 11-22-2019, 07:06 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
What do I want for Christmas politically? Well I'd like to see people being treated as human beings instead of tribal votes. I'd love to see a return to the rule of law on both sides, and honesty. Most of all I'd love to see our elected officials honor their oath of office and put country first. Corruption should never be tolerated by we the people in our elected officials.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:14 AM

1,086 posts, read 442,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
What do I want for Christmas politically? Well I'd like to see people being treated as human beings instead of tribal votes. I'd love to see a return to the rule of law on both sides, and honesty. Most of all I'd love to see our elected officials honor their oath of office and put country first. Corruption should never be tolerated by we the people in our elected officials.
This stuff about fisa abuses may go all the way to the top and Obama

Old 11-22-2019, 09:19 AM

1,086 posts, read 442,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
For the corporate giants that is Rupert Murdoch to say the following or something to the gist of the following:
"Shame on me for selling off most of the Fox Empire, for the USDOJ permitting this semi-monopoly, and for Disney for buying most of Fox. 1000s of lay-offs were not worth it. Uncle Walt and film producer William Fox, the man who built the very empire that I helped dismantle, would not approve of this merger.

We could have partnered with Disney to use the F4 and X-Men. If I had a time machine, I would have never come up with such an idea: destroying most of Fox as we knew it.

Over a century of film-making heritage now gone and I am a big contributor to that! I should have controlled only the current News Corp and not 21st Century Fox at the same time during the pending stages of the acquisition! To reference 1915 silent Fox movie with Theda Bara, a fool there was, er, is, and that fool is me!"

It is somewhat political in the sense that Murdoch would be realizing how foolish it was for a government agency to approve of the merger!
As a film buff I find this interesting, why do you think a century of movie heritage is gone

Old 11-22-2019, 09:20 AM

11,248 posts, read 11,020,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
Two more Supreme court vacancies: Roberts and Ginsburg.
Bingo, except I believe these Christmas gifts will come in 2021 and 2022 and in the form of Ginsburg and Thomas.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:25 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
I don't care of people who are guilty of criminal activity are prosecuted. What I do care about is that the IG report comes out and gets Barr's ****ty spin like he did with the Mueller report. He can make it say whatever he wants to obviously.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:28 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
I would wish for ALL the age 70+ candidates (and potential candidates) and current POTUS and VP to suddenly announce their immediate retirement from politics. That means Trump, Pence, Warren, Sanders, Biden, HRC, and all the rest of the 70+ back runners, too.

(And, btw, I am 66, so I am not one of those who think that all old people should just go away and die!)

P.S. And I would also wish for all the remaining candidates to show common sense, civility, and respect toward all hard-working and law-abiding people, while still showing compassion for those who are disabled.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:36 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
I’d like some of that free QE money from the Fed.

Bernanke said he would throw money out of a helicopter, maybe Powell can throw money out of a flying sleigh.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:25 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
As a film buff I find this interesting, why do you think a century of movie heritage is gone
The century of film heritage is gone when a major movie studio is bought up by another. Also, all the contributions that the Fox Film Empire did are basically moot when Team Mickey bought them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies