Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 10:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
The "intelligence" agencies are professional liars.
Ahh yes. Only your Orange God knows the truth.

The FBI are liars. The CIA are liars. People that raise their hand and swear to tell the truth are liars.

Only those REFUSING to testify are telling the truth in Trump world.

ALL the media are liars - even Fox news when it disagrees with Trump. The Newspapers lie.

Trump's handpicked appointees are all liars.

Where can Trump supporters turn for the truth? The Blaze? Breitbart? RT?

Seems your options are becoming SO limited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2019, 10:14 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
So...why didn't Nunes recuse himself from the hearings last week?!

Nunes sat on an impeachment committee that was investigating a smear campaign against Joe Biden that he himself was a part of.

Jesus.

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/st...89629892849667
As opposed to heading an impeachment committee in which you are a part of creating “evidence” yourself? Give me a break.

No one has still adequately explained under what theory Nunes is not allowed to pursue irregularities created by the nepotistic concerns of a former elected official or potential election influence by a foreign country. He is not obligated to take your word that none of it ever happened.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:18 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Be "allowed"? People are ALWAYS allowed to testify under oath about literally anything.
But the notion that there's something wrong with gathering information is idiotic.
There is a difference between 'gathering' information, 'creating' information, and 'creating' known-false information or outright subornation of perjury. Nunes may well have been but a patsy. And maybe Giuliani was one also.

But early on Schiff made an accusation that Trump (or those working in his behalf) were asking the Ukrainians to create dirt on Biden. That I thought at the time was way over the top but I'm beginning to wonder.

Bingo. Duh. Of course. That's why Sondland kept making the point that Trump only wanted the investigations to be announced - not actually investigated. Why his emphasis on the distinction?

Lordy, these guys are corrupt.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
As opposed to heading an impeachment committee in which you are a part of creating “evidence” yourself? Give me a break.

No one has still adequately explained under what theory Nunes is not allowed to pursue irregularities created by the nepotistic concerns of a former elected official or potential election influence by a foreign country. He is not obligated to take your word that none of it ever happened.
He might well be allowed to so pursue if that's what if was doing - apparently he kept the trip within bounds of House rules albeit using a loophole.

But what if it was not his intent to do 'the public's work.' Lord knows, his past track record when it comes to Trump has been problematic with his forced recusals. We are not obligated to take Nunes' word for anything. And per the testimony, there is still no evidence of Biden misdoing - on the contrary, it undercut the Giuliani -Nunes - Trump narrative.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:21 AM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
You can't address anything of substance?

Parnas does exist, indicted and with Trump and Don Jr. meetings captured in pics. He did donate foreign money to a Trump PAC. Firtash is attempting to gain immunity or a pass on the US extradition charge. It's not known publicly whether or not the foreign money came from Firtash. But Firtash (with the Shokin affidavit appended to his pleas) is alleged to have been attempting to increase his value to Donald Trump. So what exactly was Nunes doing in Vienna - investigating Joe Biden for the good of the American taxpayer that funded that trip?

Now Parnas is also attempting to gain immunity - and in that attempt his attorney is dangling various factoids to increase his value for admittedly Parnas (just like Shokin) would be a problematic witness. Bolton would be better.

Do you have any comments on whether or not Nunes role - whatever it was - was appropriate. Should not it have been disclosed?
1. Yes, it was appropriate. I have no idea how that is even in question.

2. Disclosed to whom? I can't imagine why he would be expected to disclose it to anyone.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
1. Yes, it was appropriate. I have no idea how that is even in question.

2. Disclosed to whom? I can't imagine why he would be expected to disclose it to anyone.
The Democrats entered the dailybeast article into the record. I'm not sure if they've called for another Nunes' recusal or maybe a censure? At a minimum, Nunes would have saved himself some embarrassment by being more upfront about his prior contacts. Certainly, I as an American citizen listening to the public testimony with him as questioner and creator of question lines would have wanted that disclosed. After all, taxpayer money paid for the trip.

It's the same blurring of lines as with using your own personal attorney to investigate Ukraine (Giuliani). No oversight. Nune both as FBI agent (executive branch) and as House Intel (congressional branch). That's not how our Constitution was written.

If this is on the up-and-up then what's the big deal. Remember - we're talking about the contact here - not necessarily the specific information disclosed. And then when you add in his investigator's continued "work" with various parties - people who themselves were actively working to sway public opinion (John Solomon etc.) while at the same time sought certain actions from the U.S. government (the Firtash attorneys).

Old 11-23-2019, 10:50 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Nunes is threatening now to sue the media. Remember that Nunes is the same moron that sued the “Nunes Cow” Twitter account.

Sue “Nun”nuts, I dare ya!

Old 11-23-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
The Democrats entered the dailybeast article into the record. I'm not sure if they've called for another Nunes' recusal or maybe a censure? At a minimum, Nunes would have saved himself some embarrassment by being more upfront about his prior contacts. Certainly, I as an American citizen listening to the public testimony with him as questioner and creator of question lines would have wanted that disclosed. After all, taxpayer money paid for the trip.

It's the same blurring of lines as with using your own personal attorney to investigate Ukraine (Giuliani). No oversight.
What do you mean by "no oversight"? There seems to be a lot of oversight. And Trump can use anyone he wants to do official business or personal business.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:

It's the same blurring of lines as with using your own personal attorney to investigate Ukraine (Giuliani). No oversight. Nune both as FBI agent (executive branch) and as House Intel (congressional branch). That's not how our Constitution was written.

If this is on the up-and-up then what's the big deal. Remember - we're talking about the contact here - not necessarily the specific information disclosed.
What do you mean -- "remember"? I never heard any such claim, nor do I understand why a "contact" is supposed to be a problem. Does this guy have cooties? What in the world?

Old 11-23-2019, 10:58 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Make Russia Great Again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies