Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 12:36 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknyc View Post
I know a lot of ppl that work for the FDA and they all say the same thing...that they are pretty much paid (handsomely) to do nothing and how wasteful the government is. They would get normal private jobs but just decided to take advantage of the system b/c they can. I don't blame them. A lot of them work from home now (Governments way of cutting costs by eliminating office space) which makes their gig even sweeter.
Thank you! I revealed this upthread, and a nasty poster had no other comeback other than to say that I "couldn't hack it in a government job." Ha! When I first started out, government jobs had the reputation of being OK if you couldn't get anything else. (The employer of last resort.)

What happened in the intervening years is that government work has paid more and more handsomely, while sweetening the deal with the telework scam, and STILL guaranteeing jobs for incompetent people. Other than the people at the very top, your low- to moderate-income people earn much more than they would in comparable private positions (and that's excluding the "guaranteed-for-life" job security that comes with a government job. Around here, we joke that when someone ends up getting a government gig, he's hit the jackpot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2019, 12:38 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Thank you! I revealed this upthread, and a nasty poster had no other comeback other than to say that I "couldn't hack it in a government job." Ha! When I first started out, government jobs had the reputation of being OK if you couldn't get anything else. (The employer of last resort.)

What happened in the intervening years is that government work has paid more and more handsomely, while sweetening the deal with the telework scam, and STILL guaranteeing jobs for incompetent people. Other than the people at the very top, your low- to moderate-income people earn much more than they would in comparable private positions (and that's excluding the "guaranteed-for-life" job security that comes with a government job. Around here, we joke that when someone ends up getting a government gig, he's hit the jackpot.
Another false assumption.

Old 11-25-2019, 12:54 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,736,406 times
He'll try if he gets a chance. He is a bully above all.

Old 11-25-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Another false assumption.
What a brilliant debater you are! Just say WROOOONG.

It's not an assumption. Studies have shown over and over again that high school and college-educated low-to-mid level government workers are better compensated then their private industry counterparts. It is only when you get to advanced degree holders (about 15% of the government workforce) do they average less. In fact, the AVERAGE government worker earns $76,000 a year (that's the average - with plenty of HS graduates in there), fully $32,000 more than the average private worker. And that's not even factoring in the amazing benefits. I can understand why, as a government worker yourself, you want to keep the truth hidden, but riddle me this: why is it so rare for a fed worker to leave for a private job? Because unless they're a department chief or on that level, they are much better compensated than private - and they get to stay in their pajamas until noon four days a week.

https://careertrend.com/pay-average-...yee-41973.html

Just out of curiosity, which agency do you work for and are in you in an COLA-adjusted region?

Old 11-25-2019, 01:30 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
What a brilliant debater you are! Just say WROOOONG.

It's not an assumption. Studies have shown over and over again that high school and college-educated low-to-mid level government workers are better compensated then their private industry counterparts. It is only when you get to advanced degree holders (about 15% of the government workforce) do they average less. In fact, the AVERAGE government worker earns $76,000 a year (that's the average - with plenty of HS graduates in there), fully $32,000 more than the average private worker. And that's not even factoring in the amazing benefits. I can understand why, as a government worker yourself, you want to keep the truth hidden, but riddle me this: why is it so rare for a fed worker to leave for a private job? Because unless they're a department chief or on that level, they are much better compensated than private - and they get to stay in their pajamas until noon four days a week.

https://careertrend.com/pay-average-...yee-41973.html

Just out of curiosity, which agency do you work for and are in you in an COLA-adjusted region?
Like I’m going to tell some strangers on a political forum where I work? Really. Not the brightest thing there.
Keep up with the false assumptions from a measly year in government claiming to be an expert.

Old 11-25-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Like I’m going to tell some strangers on a political forum where I work? Really. Not the brightest thing there.
Keep up with the false assumptions from a measly year in government claiming to be an expert.
I PROVIDED A LINK. Why do liberals keep calling people liars when they point out the unsavory truth?

(And again with the insult. I'm plenty bright. Try again, Libbie.)

Old 11-25-2019, 04:03 PM

1,991 posts, read 899,366 times
Quote:
Trump is on call 24/7. He also has meetings and engagements late into the evening.

And I'm not exaggerating. People who don't live in the DC/Baltimore region have NO clue as to how much they abuse the system. I can give you countless examples. Just recently, a government "worker" told me he was buying a $1 million house about 90 minutes into the VA countryside, and I asked him if it wouldn't be an awful commute into DC. He told me, "nah....I only work two days a week." When I said I didn't know he went part time, he clarified, "well, I meant I only work in town two days a week, which is basically the same thing." Then he laughed. These government workers are so entitled that they even BRAG and JOKE about it!
Nice story Sis.

Old 11-25-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Nice story Sis.
Another Libbie who refuses to acknowledge how fed workers are abusing the telework scam.

Old 11-25-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I know someone in her late 60s, still "working" full-time for the government, GS14, step 10 (where's she been for twenty years), earning $150,000. When I asked when she was going to retire, she said that so little is expected of her as it is, and it's such an easy gig, that she's practically getting money for nothing. (She also goes in on Tuesdays only.)
“I hear”. “I know someone”. A little research into your posts show you pull these stories out of your ... trying to reinforce your point. Just stop.

Old 11-25-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Another Libbie who refuses to acknowledge how fed workers are abusing the telework scam.
Prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies