Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 07:26 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
If you are indigent...you pay nothing here in America. Happens every day. My best buddy rang up $70k and hasn't paid a nickel of it...because he was indigent back then.
That depends on what state you're talking about, and also, which hospital.

BTW, why are you best buddies with someone like that? Why do you think it's OK if an American does it?

Also, I hope you don't claim to be pro-life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2019, 07:27 PM

1,065 posts, read 471,815 times
I'm sure some psycho is going to ask what if they didn't pay? How would it look for Mexico? There's a lot of "what ifs". The reality is that a Mexican hospital stepped up and helped out the couple. They deserve to get paid. And they eventually did. There were some hiccups but it was short-lived and be happy that it all turned out well.

Old 11-23-2019, 07:29 PM

1,065 posts, read 471,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
That depends on what state you're talking about, and also, which hospital.

BTW, why are you best buddies with someone like that? Why do you think it's OK if an American does it?

Also, I hope you don't claim to be pro-life.
Let's not take this offtopic and make it about the OP. The couple are no longer held captive and the bill was paid. It was an unfortunate situation with a good ending.

Old 11-23-2019, 09:40 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
People will continue to travel abroad with little to no insurance or means of covering any sort of emergency illness or accidents.

One, because they think nothing bad will ever happen to them and it's worth taking that risk (even though having travel insurance is required for some countries I believe).

Second, because no matter what happens, someone out there will always bail them out. A simple plea on social media or gofraudme, and it tugs the heartstrings of fools who part with their money.

It all reinforces the notion that there are no real consequences for being unprepared or irresponsible, someone will always bail you out.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:07 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Well they have to pay for that wall somehow...

Old 11-24-2019, 01:22 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,879 times
Wow. No illegal Mexican migrant family has EVER paid their hospital bill for emergency services or child birth here in the United States.

Last edited by Tritone; 11-24-2019 at 01:30 AM..

Old 11-24-2019, 01:41 AM

Their citizens do NOT pay all the medical bills they rack up in the United States. Hospitals are often overflowing with undocumented Mexicans who NEVER pay a dime for any of the care they receive.

We see now that that is not reciprocated with Americans in Mexico.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-24-2019 at 05:25 AM.. Reason: Deleted quote and direct response to it

Old 11-24-2019, 02:02 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Estimated to be a $5MILLLION DOLLAR BILL...for one baby whose mother couldn't speak English:

Preemie graduates from HCMC after 515-day hospital stay - StarTribune.com

In my city. Of course I paid for it...but who pays for the MRI I just had?? ME...that's who.

Probably jumped the border the day before she gave birth.
'

This is going on everywhere in America. And they are laughing at us in the process.
"He was born at 25 weeks on July 20, 2017, and doctors were initially concerned that he would not survive. “We don’t know how we got to here but it is a miracle,” said his mother, Manuela Ocampo of Bloomington. “The doctors didn’t think that he would be able to make it.”

Quote from his mother, speaking English. I just had an MRI as well. Mine turned out well, I hope the same for you.

Old 11-24-2019, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgorilla View Post
Fortunately, the bill was paid and the hospital workers got paid for their work. It's a good outcome.
If you think that's a good outcome, should we hold all the non-paying undocumented Mexicans hostage in the United States until someone pays their medical bills?

Old 11-24-2019, 02:15 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
"He was born at 25 weeks on July 20, 2017, and doctors were initially concerned that he would not survive. “We don’t know how we got to here but it is a miracle,” said his mother, Manuela Ocampo of Bloomington. “The doctors didn’t think that he would be able to make it.”

Quote from his mother, speaking English. I just had an MRI as well. Mine turned out well, I hope the same for you.
The mother does not speak English. They needed an interpreter.

$5 MILLION dollars, courtesy of the suffering AMerican taxpayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies