Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2019, 09:38 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Mexico has very strict gun laws and extremely high gun violence.

We should do the opposite of Mexico.
Everyone in Chicago that wants a gun has one. That`s working well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2019, 09:40 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
BTW, as a demonstration of how dishonest some people are, these are clearly photos of police in riot mode.
Ordinary street police in Germany do not walk around with machine guns.

Again, look at all the pics, not what you think you need to look at (talk about dishonest).

Some are and some not, those pics in the airport are not in riot mode....and what are they carrying?

Old 11-25-2019, 09:40 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
But lets talk guns out of the situation, the police over there are still not afraid to beat you when you have committed a crime and are resisting...
You're going to have to present a citation for that. Because I suspect you're making it up right now...

Quote:
here, if you beat someone, you'll have lawsuits out the butt....
Ridiculous.

You're aware that the Ferguson PD picked up the wrong guy (checking identities is haaaaard), beat him up in jail, and had him arraigned for destruction of public property - because he got blood on their uniforms?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-da...n-a-bloody-lie

They lied about it in court, of course, and it turned out no one cared. Nothing in their personnel files, ebacuse that was just how that PD rolled.

I'll take my chances with the German police any day of the week.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:41 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default Germany is one of the countries with the highest number of legal guns per capita in the world

He said he found it "shameful" that left-wing politicians had not distanced themselves from violence and called on local authorities to take "decisive action" against "left-wing violent criminals."

The interior ministry launched a project late last year to encourage cooperation between civil society and police to combat crimes motivated by prejudice and encourage victims to report incidents to police, Seehofer said.

This. Crimes in the US cities go unsolved because of gang rule and fear from gang retaliation knowing the police cannot protect people who rat on criminals. that attitude has been part of inner city culture.

Creative statistics at work, for instance, anti Semitic crimes are not punishable.

In spite of the stringent regulations, Germany is one of the countries with the highest number of legal guns per capita in the world – about 5.5 million, according to The Local.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Yeah, well ... airports.

Wait, I thought I was lying? Now you're changing the story to suit your needs....talk about lying....

Old 11-25-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I've seen cops in Germany and UK at the airports carrying H&K MP-5 submachine guns.
Correct. High-risk duty - they're not in the airport to enforce littering laws or keep people from spraying graffiti.

But UK police famously patrol without firearms at all, where German police normally will have a holstered sidearm. chucksnee is deliberately out to paint a distorted picture.

The use-of-firearms stats clearly demonstrate a police force that doesn't think "blamblamblam" is a good way to resolve conflict.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Wait, I thought I was lying?
You are. Blatantly. I lived in Hamburg for years. I think I would have noticed all those submachine-gun sporting officers.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:48 AM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Wait, I thought I was lying? Now you're changing the story to suit your needs....talk about lying....
Can you not even read? I was responding to Pilot1 who said he'd seen cops with rifles in airports.

Breaking news: 99.9% of the area of any typical big city is not in the airport.

You're trying to tell me now that crime on the streets in downtown Hamburg is low because some cops in the airport miles away are carrying rifles.

That is so idiotic I don't know where to begin.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You're going to have to present a citation for that. Because I suspect you're making it up right now...

Ridiculous.

You're aware that the Ferguson PD picked up the wrong guy (checking identities is haaaaard), beat him up in jail, and had him arraigned for destruction of public property - because he got blood on their uniforms?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-da...n-a-bloody-lie

They lied about it in court, of course, and it turned out no one cared. Nothing in their personnel files, ebacuse that was just how that PD rolled.

I'll take my chances with the German police any day of the week.

https://www.dw.com/en/police-violenc...lem/a-50462692

Old 11-25-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Can you not even read? I was responding to Pilot1 who said he'd seen cops with rifles in airports.

Breaking news: 99.9% of the area of any typical big city is not in the airport.

You're trying to tell me now that crime on the streets in downtown Hamburg is low because some cops in the airport miles away are carrying rifles.

That is so idiotic I don't know where to begin.

LOL, you're telling me, that there are no other cops carrying MP5s other than at airports...

MY GOD, your story telling is amazing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies