Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 06:41 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce1 View Post
Righties: If Donald Trump is impeached because the house and the senate of the United States find him guilty of using the office for personal gain from a foreign government, are you willing to admit that Trump is unfit to be president? Or would you be too "proud" to admit he wasn't the right guy for the job?

Lefties: If Donnie is impeached and people on the right say "wow, I was wrong about him. He was a criminal and unfit to hold office" are you willing to 'forgive & forget' all of the political arguments and move on? Or would you be to petty and try to throw the "told you so" attitude in their face like a petulant child?
Why in the world would anyone be influenced by the actions of a bunch of crazed, left wing loons?

The dems have sacrificed any credibility and their actions are partisan and tribal in an effort to unseat an elected president. The other actions they have taken against Trump show that they are not interested in what is correct or legal, just partisan politics.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:45 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Trump will be impeached. The Senate will not vote to remove him. I'm curious how the 2020 election will go. Will Republican and Independent voters be more or less likely to vote for an impeached POTUS? This will be an election for the history books, that's for sure.
No, either a vote will never be called (the most likely scenario) or Democrats will come up short.

This never makes it out of the House.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:55 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The left views Trump as being guilty until proven innocent. If he is not impeached, the left will still assume he is guilty, it just hasn't been proven yet. So nothing will change regarding the left's collective view of the president.
and frankly, it's been this way since Nov 2016.

I saw some Dem operative on twitter last night say 90% of Trump supporters - not die-hards, just supporters - were idiots and deplorables. Some just don't get it.

Beat him at the ballot box. Put up a Dem candidate that ISN'T a NO vote on Trump, and see what happens. Provide an alternative. Go middle of the road. Get a "centrist" Dem in, to "heal the nation" as so many on the left claim needs to happen.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:56 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Clinton's impeachment was during his 2nd term
My bad. I like Bill.

Old 11-26-2019, 07:03 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
While I agree that neither party gives a damn about the country the Conservatives have been doing everything in their power to make sure that we keep one of the most corrupt president’s we’ve ever had in office. Ignoring his illegal actions, his behavior on the world stage as well.
No one wants a recession no one. No one wants or needs a president in office whose in it for him and his rich buddies either.
I think, once he won and how things have gone from there, in it for his ego would be more accurate. I think he ran because he thought it would help his brand, but didn't want to win. After he won, he realized his antics, and later his rallies in addition to the other antics, would give him 'fixes' that would give him the ego boosts he sought. If increasing his net worth was paramount, he might be better off not running again. Around the time he came down the escalator he bragged that he was worth $10 billion, which was a crock of bull, but Forbes tabbed his net worth at that time at $4.5 billion. That is now $3.1 billion as of September of 2019, so he's lost $1.4 billion off of his net worth since he came down the escalator at Trump Tower.

Old 11-26-2019, 07:04 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I don't care what the Swamp creature do, I'm voting for Trump 2020.
ditto 4 MORE years

Old 11-26-2019, 07:08 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No, either a vote will never be called (the most likely scenario) or Democrats will come up short.

This never makes it out of the House.
I heard someone say this morning that they think that Schiff only did all of this to raise his profile because he wants to be the next Senator from California after Feinstein retires.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:45 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I have not got into an argument with anyone over Trump in person. If I sense an argument coming, I get out of the conversation. Personal relationships are way too important for me to lose due to an argument about politics.
Me too. I have friends that voted for Trump and I respect their choice to do so, besides, my neighbor is a phenomenal baker and I would miss her goodies. Some of my friends would be terribly disappointed if Trump was removed. Most of them are the seniors on the roller rink. I'll just hold their hand and give them a hug. People are much more than votes.

I was on another thread where someone got mad and deleted family from Facebook because they were Trump supporters. Someone else said good because they were toxic. Yikes. People are much more than votes and we need to unite as American's first. Why damage relationships that should go on for decades over a president that may serve no more than 8 years?

Old 11-26-2019, 09:19 AM

3,437 posts, read 2,409,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The left views Trump as being guilty until proven innocent. If he is not impeached, the left will still assume he is guilty, it just hasn't been proven yet. So nothing will change regarding the left's collective view of the president.
...and the right views him as the Second Coming who can do no wrong. Even if they personally witness him setting a cat on fire, throwing a bomb into a public school building, taking one of his helicoptors and sending it onto I-80 while parachuting safely away, they will insist that he is innocent of all crimes. Nothing will change regarding the alt-right's collective view of the person.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:22 AM

3,437 posts, read 2,409,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Me too. I have friends that voted for Trump and I respect their choice to do so, besides, my neighbor is a phenomenal baker and I would miss her goodies. Some of my friends would be terribly disappointed if Trump was removed. Most of them are the seniors on the roller rink. I'll just hold their hand and give them a hug. People are much more than votes.

I was on another thread where someone got mad and deleted family from Facebook because they were Trump supporters. Someone else said good because they were toxic. Yikes. People are much more than votes and we need to unite as American's first. Why damage relationships that should go on for decades over a president that may serve no more than 8 years?
I respect their choice to have voted for him in 2016. I don't respect their decision to continue supporting him. Those people are no longer my friends, and the singular family member that was a rabid, in-your-face anti-everything ultra-conservative die-hard supporter, died two years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies