Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve?
Yes 102 89.47%
No 6 5.26%
Uncertain 4 3.51%
Approve, but my hatred for Trump makes me unable to give him any credit for this 2 1.75%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 10:22 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Cannot understand anyone who wouldn't support this bill. Finally a little more protection for animals.
I tried walking jacqueg through the issues it inherently creates but I'm not even sure he read the law at this point.

Here is the copy that passed...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...l/724/text/rfs

Focus on the "d. Exceptions" and tenets A thru F.

Do you or anyone else see potential problems this law creates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2019, 10:22 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Good news!!
I hope this extends to meat livestock and farm practices too.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yes. But you can't understand the second one if you don't understand the first one.
I understand both. Focus on my previous post with the "Exceptions" and tenets A through F.

I am purposely leading you and others. It's a brain exercise. I could ask any of the other anarchists on this board and in a heartbeat they would immediately see the problem and even find an example of how this law will be abused.

Here's a hint...it's a big one: mens rea

Old 11-26-2019, 10:37 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I tried walking jacqueg through the issues it inherently creates but I'm not even sure he read the law at this point.

Here is the copy that passed...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...l/724/text/rfs

Focus on the "d. Exceptions" and tenets A thru F.

Do you or anyone else see potential problems this law creates?
I'm a she.

I focussed on the exceptions, as I'm sure the bill's writers did, to make sure that hunting and pest control are not included in the act's purview.

So I'm pretty sure that whatever you read, you didn't comprehend.

And I'd note that introducing your concerns about this bill by posting what you clearly thought was a clever gotcha question about killing a rabbit on your own property was a tactic that did not increase my estimation of your reading comprehension.

I'd also note that it's very clear that many hunters support - or at least don't oppose - this bill. Unless you think that Congress has been secretly taken over by anti-hunters.

And mens rea? Do you seriously think it is possible to torture an animal, film the torture, and share it with others by accident????

Old 11-26-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I'm a she.

I focussed on the exceptions, as I'm sure the bill's writers did, to make sure that hunting and pest control are not included in the act's purview.

So I'm pretty sure that whatever you read, you didn't comprehend.

And I'd note that introducing your concerns about this bill by posting what you clearly thought was a clever gotcha question about killing a rabbit on your own property was a tactic that did not increase my estimation of your reading comprehension.

I'd also note that it's very clear that many hunters support - or at least don't oppose - this bill. Unless you think that Congress has been secretly taken over by anti-hunters.
I admit to trying to make you think. Ensconced in statism, I'm sure that's not a strong suit.

Quote:
I focused on the exceptions, as I'm sure the bill's writers did, to make sure that hunting and pest control are not included in the act's purview.
Did you/are you focusing on how that determination is made? I am.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Thumbs up Trump signs bill making animal cruelty a federal felony

Such a measure is long overdue.

But how much credit does tRump deserve?

Do any of you imagine he would veto it?

Old 11-26-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Such a measure is long overdue.

But how much credit does tRump deserve?

Do any of you imagine he would veto it?

He already signed it. It's an expansion of the police state. When he saw that he nearly jumped out of his orange skin to put his John Hancock on the bill.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:58 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
That's great. Animal cruelty should be a crime.

Old 11-26-2019, 12:02 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,909 times
Does this include the marmot held captive on his head?

Old 11-26-2019, 01:29 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
He didn't kill animals!

That b@stard!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies