Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2019, 01:08 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Everyday....then you must have PLENTY of examples of it. Lets see you quote them You do know how the quote function works....right?

What you really mean to say is that you are sick of hearing about racist incidents by whites. The question is why? Why don't you tire of hearing about "liberals" or "conservatives"? There are 10 times more threads about liberalism and conservatism than there are about race and racism.....yet you are sick of hearing about one and not the other? My guess is that you are okay with liberal vs conservatism because you are on one side of the debate and don't feel disadvantaged in the debate. In other words, you have plenty of evidence and ammunition to use against the opposition and what the opposition did to your side. You don't have that when it comes to issues of race. Blacks can talk about all the things that whites have done to blacks....and whites pretty much got nothing to say as an offset. Thus, it looks like a bashing of whites because whites really have no come back about what we have done to them.....unlike the liberal conservative debate.
Sorry, but you have over 11,000 posts, and all anyone has to do is to read any of them at random, including this one, to see your bigotry on full display. For you to try to deny it is pathetic and sad.

I have no need to "offset" anything. And that is true for 99% of the folks I know of any color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2019, 01:14 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It happened in Detroit. Blue city. Does anyone get it, yet?

There is a difference between "getting it" (understanding what is happening) and living in your head and seeing things exactly as you do.

Apparently you want the former to mean the latter.

Sorry, I only live in my head. You shouldn't expect anyone else to live it yours.

Old 11-26-2019, 01:22 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
As players were exiting the field, tensions escalated after a Denby player shoved an Almont band member.
Owww, what a big, tough futbul player you are!

Old 11-26-2019, 01:34 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I get a kick out of how these articles like to sensationalize how the white kids were obviously being racists and yelling "racial slurs", which I'm sure some of them were, but basically give that same type of behavior a pass when black kids do it, and they do it all the time. Probably more often that white kids do TBH. I know these things firsthand...I went to junior high and high school with blacks so I know how many of them act in reality, especially at that age.

They (the media) just needs to stop with that lopsided narrative if they ever want to be taken seriously. Behavior is either wrong or right, not black or white.

I went to school with whites and they were equally "bad," if not more "bad" yet clever at getting away with stuff. They used racial slurs (quite a lot aimed at each other) and got passes all the time for things they did, but mostly just got away with it since they were good at planning and organizing, plus being "cute" enough to swing things in their favor usually helped.

Old 11-26-2019, 02:47 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Everyday....then you must have PLENTY of examples of it. Lets see you quote them You do know how the quote function works....right?

What you really mean to say is that you are sick of hearing about racist incidents by whites. The question is why? Why don't you tire of hearing about "liberals" or "conservatives"? There are 10 times more threads about liberalism and conservatism than there are about race and racism.....yet you are sick of hearing about one and not the other? My guess is that you are okay with liberal vs conservatism because you are on one side of the debate and don't feel disadvantaged in the debate. In other words, you have plenty of evidence and ammunition to use against the opposition and what the opposition did to your side. You don't have that when it comes to issues of race. Blacks can talk about all the things that whites have done to blacks....and whites pretty much got nothing to say as an offset. Thus, it looks like a bashing of whites because whites really have no come back about what we have done to them.....unlike the liberal conservative debate.
who knows what would happen if you put the same energy into solving black-on-black issues. You know, something you have far greater control over, or input into, than a smattering of racial incidents where some whites make asses of themselves and show they're still racist.

Speaking of the quote function, I wonder if you weighed in on the Syracuse affair.

Old 11-26-2019, 02:52 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Obsession. You'll spend all week obsessing this thread. Watch. I'm guessing min 40 posts from you in it.
32 so far

Old 11-26-2019, 03:02 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Smollet alleged a hate crime that turned out to be a hoax. I knew immediately it was a hoax. How? Chicago is heavily Dem, not MAGA country. Calling out sheer stupidity is race-blind.
I knew it was a nonsense story based on how the facts and timeline of the event made no sense (sort of like 9/11 lol)

Old 11-26-2019, 09:11 PM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
It happened in Detroit. Blue city. Does anyone get it, yet?
All white exurban school comes to play all black inner city school. Recipe for problems.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:19 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
32 so far
Still early lmao.... what a life hahahhahaha

Old 11-26-2019, 09:35 PM

1,417 posts, read 734,621 times
Quote:
.....but I really thought the area and country had progressed to the point where people would not feel comfortable putting their bigotry on display.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/h...rs/4294021002/
So when reading only the above without clicking on the link(merely reading the url) I asked myself what did the Denby or Almont team do agitate the fans? So I read the link and it was revealed.

Quote:
Almont won the game, 36-8, at Walled Lake Central High School.
Quote:
As players were exiting the field, tensions escalated after a Denby player shoved an Almont band member.
Quote:
Almont fans then began hurling racial slurs at Denby players
So I notice the OP is not posting about the Denby players obvious lack of coping skills. No they lost a game and responded with violence.

I do not know what the slurs were that were stated but the probably reflected a stereotype that was reinforced by the totally inexcusable, and proximate cause of the altercation by the Denby players.

If you don't want to be called a (insert whatever phrase you like), do not act in a way that reinforces the stereotypical behavior of a person labeled a (insert whatever phrase you like); it is as simple as that.

I am of mixed race and though my siblings were subjected to various racial slurs I believe they were fair and accurate portrayals of their character, or more specifically their lack there of. In contrast, in my entire life, I do not recall ever being called an ethnic slur, except by my siblings. Imagine that.

The OP is probably salivating at the idea of the ever caustic, race-baiting, white hating, Michael/Michelle Obama hopping in the Democratic primary and saving Black Americans from the evil of full employment .

Last edited by GhostOfAndrewJackson; 11-26-2019 at 09:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies