Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 08:00 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
WHAT? You are going to sit there and pretend to be innocent of the #1 Anti-Semite's rantings and his efforts to further antisemitism in this country?

His "Jews are termites" and related talk is delegitimizing Jews in the eyes of blacks and promoting Jew hate. And the fact that you are diminishing his hate talk about a minority - with his national stage* - while making a big deal about some obscure high school episode is unbelievably biased.

*10,000 bigots filled the United venue last summer to hear him vomit up his hate talk. And that says nothing about the nearly half-million bigots who follow him on Twitter. He is creating an entirely new generation of black anti-Semites.
I hear white people ALWAYS bringing up his anti-antisemitism, but I have never personally heard of anything he has done to Jewish people, coming from his mouth. I am not saying it does not exist, but that I never heard it and I felt whites were focusing on discrediting him for the TRUTH of what he has said about how blacks have been treated at the hands of whites.

This is what I KNOW. Judaism is a RELIGION. Islam is a RELIGION. Christianity is a RELIGION. If one is a TRUE believer in their religion.....then all other religions are abominations. Hence, as a Christian, myself, I divorce myself from the religious aspect of Farrakhan and ONLY focus on his secular rhetoric. Sorry if that is not what you want. I have to do me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2019, 08:00 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Who are you referring to, can you point him out in this photo?
I'm assuming the point you're making is that even the black president was all smiley-face standing next to Farrakhan (who was an invited guest of the Congressional Black Caucus), while he simultaneously ralled against bigots.

My takeaway is either that 1) blacks are very forgiving of horrific bigots while complaining about the impact of bigotry, or 2) Indentured Servant is really Obama.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:04 AM

15,835 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Kids are dumb. That's why they're at school.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I hear white people ALWAYS bringing up his anti-antisemitism, but I have never personally heard of anything he has done to Jewish people, coming from his mouth. I am not saying it does not exist, but that I never heard it and I felt whites were focusing on discrediting him for the TRUTH of what he has said about how blacks have been treated at the hands of whites.

This is what I KNOW. Judaism is a RELIGION. Islam is a RELIGION. Christianity is a RELIGION. If one is a TRUE believer in their religion.....then all other religions are abominations. Hence, as a Christian, myself, I divorce myself from the religious aspect of Farrakhan and ONLY focus on his secular rhetoric. Sorry if that is not what you want. I have to do me.
And there it is in a nutshell. Blacks like yourself (including the people on the CBC and even Obama) are willing to overlook Farrakhan's antisemitism because he's only prejudiced - vehemently - against a religious minority, and "what counts" in your and their mind is prejudice against a racial minority.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Well, according to you, racism means bigotry against black people - and bigots against anyone other minority are to be admired and respected.

(I know you want me to IGNORE you so you can keep revealing your support for bigots while complaining about racism. I know the reason you said you thought Farrakhan was the greatest AA alive today was because you wanted to slap down a Jew - it's what bigots do - but I bet you're sorry you came up with that outlandish claim. Only the MOST bigoted, hateful people would think Farrakhan was the greatest AA alive today.)
Nope. I use the official definition found in Websters

I take on all comers. Who comes and post looking to be ignored? That is nonsensical.....but coming from you.....it makes sense.....if that makes sense? Also, its ALWAYS you bringing up my respect for this man. I told you that one time....a few years ago it seems like. Then you brought it up to try to discredit me when you could not make a tenable argument for dissent. You keep bringing it up as a substitute for a tenable argument that refutes some assertions I make. It's an attempt to try to discredit what has been said....since you can't refute it.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
And there it is in a nutshell. Blacks like yourself (including the people on the CBC and even Obama) are willing to overlook Farrakhan's antisemitism because he's only prejudiced - vehemently - against a religious minority, and "what counts" in your and their mind is prejudice against a racial minority.

That is the nature of religions. They are anti-other religions. That is like expecting that a republican would not be anti democrat or that a democrat would not be anti republican. Their beliefs differ and if you think your way is the right way.....then the other way is the wrong way or less right way. Keep in mind that in this country there is a separation of church and state....supposedly.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:29 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:

Imagine if I said about David Duke, “I hear black people ALWAYS bringing up his racism, but I have never personally heard of anything he has done to black people, coming from his mouth.”

(This is your exact quote, only changing Farrakhan to David Duke, and Jews to black people.)

Maybe black people are ”focusing on discrediting David Duke for the TRUTH.”

You would think I was a complete moron If I said these things. And rightly so. Either that, or I was trying to cover up and make excuses for him. Which is what I have to wonder about you after making the same statement about Farrakhan.

There is plenty of video of his anti Semitic remarks. It is not very hard to find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OQebTwOjLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=445kJyghKW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O5eL2MzNtA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quMHNp8QwzI

Old 11-26-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Nope. I use the official definition found in Websters

I take on all comers. Who comes and post looking to be ignored? That is nonsensical.....but coming from you.....it makes sense.....if that makes sense? Also, its ALWAYS you bringing up my respect for this man. I told you that one time....a few years ago it seems like. Then you brought it up to try to discredit me when you could not make a tenable argument for dissent. You keep bringing it up as a substitute for a tenable argument that refutes some assertions I make. It's an attempt to try to discredit what has been said....since you can't refute it.
You made that comment a few WEEKS ago. And I bring it up to show that you are being hypocritical when you decry racism, yet proudly admire the most notorious bigot of our lifetimes. Your trying to separate out religious bigotry from racist bigotry (as you did in a post a few up) doesn't hold water: Bigotry against minorities is bigotry against minorities, and it is no less acceptable when it is directed against Jews as when it is directed against blacks. (In another thread, you claimed that you didn't care a whit about Jews. I bet if a white came on and said they didn't care a whit about blacks, you'd be screaming racist.)

You said it because you were angry at the Jew-girl (that's me), so you said the most hateful, despicable thing you could think of (that would pass the moderators), and that's how much you admire the biggest anti-Semite alive today. The fact is that you cannot rightly expect to claim how much you love the biggest anti-Semite around, and then complain about some obscure racist event, and expect that you won't be called out on it.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
That is the nature of religions. They are anti-other religions. That is like expecting that a republican would not be anti democrat or that a democrat would not be anti republican. Their beliefs differ and if you think your way is the right way.....then the other way is the wrong way or less right way. Keep in mind that in this country there is a separation of church and state....supposedly.
Wow. You sure twist yourself into a pretzel to defend your admiration for Farrakhan, don't you? He's a DISGUSTING bigot who likens Jews to demons (and termites), and you're downplaying his vehement and horrific antisemitism as just being against other religions, no different than anyone else?! Give me a break.

And in the meantime, you start a thread on some obscure racial incident at a high school. You want whitey to say, "awwww.....yes, how awful" at the same time you express your admiration for Farrakhan?

Old 11-26-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Imagine if I said about David Duke, “I hear black people ALWAYS bringing up his racism, but I have never personally heard of anything he has done to black people, coming from his mouth.”

(This is your exact quote, only changing Farrakhan to David Duke, and Jews to black people.)

Maybe black people are ”focusing on discrediting David Duke for the TRUTH.”

You would think I was a complete moron If I said these things. And rightly so. Either that, or I was trying to cover up and make excuses for him. Which is what I have to wonder about you after making the same statement about Farrakhan.

There is plenty of video of his anti Semitic remarks. It is not very hard to find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OQebTwOjLQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=445kJyghKW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O5eL2MzNtA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quMHNp8QwzI
Agree. Indentured Servant is acting like he knows nothing of Farrakhan's antisemitism, and thus he puts the onus on the Jews to show it. That is a classic Alinsky move: if your political opponent says something you can't defend, turn it around and put your opponent on the defensive.

And this is the dismissal or denial I see coming from far too many liberals today. They are willing to overlook, deny, or excuse anti-Semitism if they OTHERWISE like what the anti-Semite stands for. The underlying message - that your anti-Semitic attitudes will be tolerated or even defended if we like other things about you - is emboldening anti-Semites and telling the world that expressions of Jew-hate (short of murder) are A-OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies