Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 06:01 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Stop with your superior-sounding "ilks." You're so quick to jump on whitey that you failed to recognize that 1 out of 6 blacks in that video support Trump, and I was saying that if that holds throughout, Trump wins. After all, blacks are doing very well under him, with low unemployment and increased wages.

You don't actually think that black people would admit to the likes of YOU that they are voting for Trump, do you? Just look at how liberals pounce on black conservatives! It's horrible. Anyone who doesn't stick with liberalism is demonized.
1 out of 6 in THAT video. Outside of that video, it's more like 1 out of 10. Most of the Black people I know and talk to do not support Trump. Most Black people who are doing well, they don't credit Trump for that. You act like you know Black people better than Black people know themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
You're being swapped for illegals. The Dems are in the process cutting you like an athlete that can't compete.
And the GOP mostly looks down on Blacks. You haven't shown me that the GOP is any better for Blacks. Instead of saying "the Democrats are so bad", show me what the GOP has done for Black Americans LATELY!!

Old 11-26-2019, 06:16 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You and your ilks dismissive and delusional views of Black people are part of the reason a Republican will never get 1/6 of the Black vote in my lifetime. Start respecting the Black vote and stop treating it like something that should fall in your lap, and that might change.
1/6th is 16%. Thats not impossible.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:20 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
If one out of six blacks vote for Trump, he wins.
No he doesnt.

Its far more complicated than that.

Trump winning 16% of the black vote, but losing 1% more of the white vote would actually result in an electoral landslide for Dems if those gains happened in the right states.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:22 PM

I'll call it as I see it. Some people tell themselves "Blacks like Trump" or "Blacks who don't support the GOP are stupid" to make themselves feel better. What they really want is for the GOP, and only the GOP to maintain power. Said persons don't care about Blacks much at all. Not as much as they care about making sure a Republican is in office. The obsession over who Blacks vote for is mainly fear and resentment. It is an attitude of "I want Blacks to vote GOP because it helps ME, not because it helps them".

Old 11-26-2019, 06:27 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I was surfing thru the comments, and one said... "This was so honest you can't see it as comedy."

I think that is totally on the money.

It's what comedy used to be.
Yeah, that was well done. Thanks for posting it.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
If one out of six blacks vote for Trump, he wins.
Question is, will he get 1 out of 6 Black votes? Can you truly answer that, or will you just tell yourself what you hope will happen?

Old 11-26-2019, 06:35 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And the GOP mostly looks down on Blacks. You haven't shown me that the GOP is any better for Blacks. Instead of saying "the Democrats are so bad", show me what the GOP has done for Black Americans LATELY!!
Not in my lifetime, not with this crop of Conservatives. At the end of the day, they enjoy being hostile to Black voters. A Republican who jeopardizes that risks losing more voters than he'd gain.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:37 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
I'll call it as I see it. Some people tell themselves "Blacks like Trump" or "Blacks who don't support the GOP are stupid" to make themselves feel better. What they really want is for the GOP, and only the GOP to maintain power. Said persons don't care about Blacks much at all. Not as much as they care about making sure a Republican is in office. The obsession over who Blacks vote for is mainly fear and resentment. It is an attitude of "I want Blacks to vote GOP because it helps ME, not because it helps them".
I want blacks to vote for the Republicans because their policies are better for the country than the ones the leftists are pushing. What's wrong with wanting people, regardless of color, to vote for the better party?

Old 11-26-2019, 06:38 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Question is, will he get 1 out of 6 Black votes? Can you truly answer that, or will you just tell yourself what you hope will happen?
Honestly....how could I possibly know that? It is what I HOPE will happen, yes. And Larry Elder was just on talking about the increase in black support, so it's quite possible. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies