Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 08:36 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,257,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...idency-to-end/

how is Trump like a dictator?

besides, voting him out, what other way is there to remove him

we are divided, but is that solely Trump's fault?
Robert got old and wrinkled and is trying for 15 more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2019, 09:00 AM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You just changed "dictator like attack" which you specifically pointed out to me in the previous post, into "dictator like tendancies" in order to somehow refute my response.

I mean seriously. When I respond to what you said and then you claim you said something else and thus I'm off-base....honesty is not your strong suit. Wow, is that you President Trump because wow, you guys remind me of each other.

See, that's the part you probably don't get. I don't like Trump. I also don't like dishonesty. So basically, I hold you two in equal regard.

You're choosing to dismiss the opinions of presidential historians and legal scholars?

"Dictator like" means he's extremely authoritarian. "Attack" means any attempts to unilaterally make a decision, or circumvent the normal political process. Jesus H Christ, Trump does this practically ever week! Even his comment about "taking the guns and worrying about due process later" alarmed his constituency.

For instance, he blocked negative Twitter responses to his account, of course to prop himself to appear more popular. That's a dictator like attack! You're just hung up on assigning a deadly motive to attack, I guess.

However, individuals sued and he lost the case. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8041321.html
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8041321.html

I don't see you so bad as Trump, but certainly not in good regard.

Last edited by Arktikos; 11-27-2019 at 09:08 AM..

Old 11-27-2019, 09:15 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Here's a little somethin' somethin' about your war hero.
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...M0qBx5jlwZqHk8
Anyone who chooses to put on a uniform and risk their life for me, and you, is a hero to me.

Old 11-27-2019, 09:17 AM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Anyone who chooses to put on a uniform and risk their life for me, and you, is a hero to me.
Until they're a criminal.

Old 11-27-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
See, that's the part you probably don't get. I don't like Trump. I also don't like dishonesty. So basically, I hold you two in equal regard.

You're the one being dishonest here, or just not paying attention to the news.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...uthoritarian**

"..It is true, though, that Trump hasn’t arrested or murdered journalists, like his favorite dictator,*Vladimir Putin. Instead, he’s popularized*a rallying cry*dictators now use against journalism around the world, labeled journalists “the*enemy of the people” for negative stories, and*praised*violence against reporters. He can’t arrest journalists, but he has*threatened*to*criminalize*their*reporting,*rev oked access*to critics and given it to friendly*conspiracy theorists, changed the rules for White House access to*block even more journalists*and functionally*abolished regular press briefings..."

Old 11-27-2019, 09:27 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:

Good question because the article doesn't really say. Just another bot involved with the Vapid Response Team.

here's what we here.
Orange man bad.
Why is he bad?
He does bad things
What bad things?
You know, the bad stuff.

Old 11-27-2019, 09:30 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:

#okanotherhasbeenceleb.

Old 11-27-2019, 09:30 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Robert Redford DEMANDS that Trump is taken down because he doesn't like him... who exactly is behaving like a dictator?

Old 11-27-2019, 09:34 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Redford made his living playing dress-up and pretend. Why would anyone care about his political opinion?
more than likely that hollywood idiot has a movie or tv gig coming out soon and wants to put his moronic views in the limelight so sjw types will go and see his crap

Old 11-27-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Robert Redford DEMANDS that Trump is taken down because he doesn't like him... who exactly is behaving like a dictator?

I hope you understand how absurd your statement is.

Here's a military man, decrying yet another one of Trump's dictator like attacks on the US.

"...In any case, Spencer, a former Marine aviator, was following a trend of former officers speaking out against the president. In October, retired Adm. William McRaven, former commander of U.S. Special Operations Command, the officer who planned the raid on Osama bin Laden, wrote an eye-popping op-ed for the New York Times, assailing Trump’s attacks on America’s values and institutions, concluding that “if this president doesn’t demonstrate the leadership that America needs, both domestically and abroad, then it is time for a new person in the Oval Office … the sooner, the better. The fate of our Republic depends upon it.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies