Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 08:42 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times

Advertisements

Thanks for reviving a 2 year old thread with your emotional rant!

Hope you at least feel a little better, now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2021, 08:43 AM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
....but it does NOT MAKE YOU AN ACTUAL FEMALE..!!!

You might be a "fake pretend female".. but you are NOT A REAL FEMALE. So NO I am not going to call you a "WOMAN".. it's an insult to all real females everywhere. And NO there is NOTHING you can do to force me to call you a "woman".....! (and vice-versa for the fake men!)
Just say you're an effeminate male, or a tomboy, and be done with it. But don't engage in 'play-pretend' and think you have the right to force everyone else to go along with it.
That would be news to Richard Raskind, who became Renee Richards, as described in Second Serve by Renee Richards and John Ames.

Old 11-02-2021, 08:44 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
AND it is nothing short of bizarre and a travesty that there has been ZERO discussion in the media about what is CAUSING THIS TREND. What is it in the environment, that is possibly causing genetic mutations in the brain....?? Or...??
Abigail Schrier's "Irreversible Damage" book nails it. She does mention how some kids are legitimately trans but that the spike is a result of a social contagion among certain teenage girls, who in previous generations would all start being bulemic or anorexic in groups together.

By the way, OP, the more important word you are looking for is not detransitioning, it is Desistance. If you really want to push a leftist ideologue's buttons and watch them completely flip out, talk about trans Desistance

Old 11-02-2021, 09:00 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
US paid for sex change to a traitor of the US (whom Obama pardoned), yet many seniors are turned down for tests by Medicare.

https://www.rt.com/usa/232219-chelse...rmone-therapy/

Old 11-02-2021, 09:03 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh. It’s a free country. Transition, detransition...whatever. I’ll leave that conversation to the LGBT community to have.

It’s your life. Live it as you feel.
Agree with this post.

(I tried to give reps, but I get a message that I can't give reps. Not the usual "you have to spread them around", just "can't". I wonder if I'm on ignore or something?)

Anyway, this is a good post. To me, it does not affect me, so I think it is best to let them figure it out, and since it's their selves, I'll go on and live my best life.

Old 11-02-2021, 09:12 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Agree with this post.

(I tried to give reps, but I get a message that I can't give reps. Not the usual "you have to spread them around", just "can't". I wonder if I'm on ignore or something?)

Anyway, this is a good post. To me, it does not affect me, so I think it is best to let them figure it out, and since it's their selves, I'll go on and live my best life.
It does affect you. You are being told it doesn't. But it absolutely does.

It's changing language use, social norms, and cannibalizing women's rights. It's instituting compelled language. It's promoting mental illness as normal. It's indoctrinating and confusing school children.

It does affect you.

When I live my life, I don't demand everyone else bend to my will. Do you?

Old 11-02-2021, 09:17 AM

37,964 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Proof positive that it is mental illness.
Gender dysphoria certainly is.

Old 11-02-2021, 09:21 AM

37,964 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

It's changing language use, social norms, and cannibalizing women's rights. It's instituting compelled language. It's promoting mental illness as normal. It's indoctrinating and confusing school children.

It does affect you.

No kidding. Free speech is dying in America. If a grown man demands to be addressed as, and accepted as Princess Qui-Qui, should people be punished by social media, and companies be firing people who refuse to address the man as such? No, but that is essentially what we have today.

Gender fluid boys are being allowed into the girls showers and bathrooms, and to compete against them in sports, and we are supposed to simply accept it, or be punished, silenced etc...

Last edited by Wapasha; 11-02-2021 at 10:46 AM..

Old 11-02-2021, 10:01 AM

648 posts, read 1,174,601 times
It seems obvious to me that there is a natural, biological component to this behavior.. (so why condemn men for it..??) Since humans & their ancestors have been around for millions of years of evolution, I'm sure it has to do with protecting the tribe, weeding out genetic mutations, etc. Also, if transgenders weren't likely to procreate, the tribe would wonder why they are risking their lives to find food to invest in them.. when food and shelter was scarce and hard-won. (And if they did procreate, then their gender-confused genes could be passed down, thus potentially ensuring the demise of their genetic line.)
And of course, these things weren't really consciously thought-out... it just seems to be built into our DNA.

Don't shoot the messenger.. I'm just thinking of this from an evolutionary perspective.

So it just makes sense that it would be seen as a threat to human survival. Would you rather be in a dangerous, life-or-death situation with a bunch of men who were dressed like women, squealing, with cartoonish ultra-female mannerisms, running away with their pinkies up in the air...? What if all the men in a particular situation you were personally in, were like this...?

Or would you rather be in a dangerous situation where the men were all strong and knew they were actual men.. physically capable of taking on another strong man.. and were capable of defending and protecting themselves and others..? the women,, children, the elderly, the injured, or anyone unable to defend themselves...? (Or regular, capable people who just aren't able to fight off an attacker..?)

This could refer to wild animals, terrorists, natural disasters, anything really...

So I disagree.. in a very real way, they DO, in theory, pose a threat to you..
not to mention the more immediate threat-- that you could get fired or punished as a criminal for not saying what they demand you to say (the 'pronoun' thing...) which would have an immediate impact on your livelihood, your well-being and your long-term future.

Also the issue of our taxes going to pay for free sex changes.. not just for adults, but children!! And so are our taxes supposed to pay for the de-transitions too..?? What if they keep changing their minds over and over, trying to cure their mental illness with endless surgeries...? Where does it end...??

AND the insanity of letting men in women's bathrooms and women's sports.. it goes on and on. It does affect YOU and everyone else around you,, and future generations.

And of course, as you implied, you should treat everyone with respect.. but you also can't condemn someone for not being comfortable around another person, or not condoning their behavior.

I mean, you CAN... but last time I checked, we still have freedom of association, and freedom of thought.

My point is, if a man (or anyone) feels ill at ease around a gender-confused person, there is 6 million years of evolution behind it, and valid reasons for it.. so you shouldn't shame them for it... or try to force them to evolve into something else.

And it has been made ESPECIALLY worse today with all the poisonous woke politics that have infiltrated everything.... why on earth would anyone in their right mind want to deal with all that nonsense...?? I'd avoid them too! If you're not 'on board' with their agenda 100%, make no mistake-- they will look for any opportunity to destroy you. They have one agenda and one agenda only. Not to mention all the influence they are now having over peoples' kids.. OFTEN WITHOUT THE PARENTS' KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It is strange to me why men get so triggered by effeminate men, homosexuals, transgenders or drag queens.

What are they afraid of?......that it is going to rub off on them? Insecure much?

None of the above pose any kind of threat to me and I have no problem treating them the same way I would treat anyone else.

Old 11-02-2021, 10:03 AM

648 posts, read 1,174,601 times
Exactly...!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

It does affect you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies