Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 01:27 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh. It’s a free country. Transition, detransition...whatever. I’ll leave that conversation to the LGBT community to have.

It’s your life. Live it as you feel.
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2019, 01:29 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
No.
Why do you care or want to be involved?

Old 11-27-2019, 02:56 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
100% mental illness.

Old 11-27-2019, 03:09 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh. It’s a free country. Transition, detransition...whatever. I’ll leave that conversation to the LGBT community to have.

It’s your life. Live it as you feel.

No because they want it to be tax payer funded. What if small breasts and buttocks cause a woman emotional stress should the tax payers pay for surgery to correct what those people believe are wrong with them? Should a man with a penis that isn't a large as he wants be entitled to a free enlargement surgery?

Lets provide free lobotomies first and then if they still belive they are something else we can pay for their reassignment.

Old 11-27-2019, 07:58 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
I've never understood 'transgender'. I've known effeminate men and masculine women. there are many ways to be male and female and express maleness and femaleness. why can't men be allowed to be feminine in appearance and still male? or women be masculine in appearance and still female?

transgender people usually present themselves as extreme stereotypes of what is usually considered male or female behavior and dress, which is so sexist.

there is no such thing as a man becoming a woman. I don't get the need to make society pretend 6'2" bruce jenner is female because he says he is a woman, wears long hair, and paints his nails.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:28 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
The idea of changing gender is just foreign to me. To me it seems absurd to think you can cut off a part or add one and suddenly you are a completely different gender. It is like having a plastic surgeon add a 3' hose to your nose and then claiming you are an elephant.
To me, as well. We should both be extremely thankful it is! I can't imagine much worse than feeling like your body is/has betraying/betrayed you. Seems awfully hopeless, especially with something so central to who you are as gender.

I have to assume it is simply a horrible place to be.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You don’t think parents belong in the conversation?

Parents helping children with gender dysphoria via counselling are breaking the law in many States as are their Doctors. No, this conversation absolutely cannot be left to trans people.
For a 44 year old then, 61 year old now, woman? No.

For anyone over 18? Not necessarily.

Did you have some specific scenario in mind or are we all forced to guess at what you're implying?

Old 11-27-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
No because they want it to be tax payer funded. What if small breasts and buttocks cause a woman emotional stress should the tax payers pay for surgery to correct what those people believe are wrong with them? Should a man with a penis that isn't a large as he wants be entitled to a free enlargement surgery?

Lets provide free lobotomies first and then if they still belive they are something else we can pay for their reassignment.
Who wants it to be "taxpayer funded"?

Old 11-28-2019, 02:14 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
For a 44 year old then, 61 year old now, woman? No.

For anyone over 18? Not necessarily.

Did you have some specific scenario in mind or are we all forced to guess at what you're implying?
Obviously I was speaking about children in response to the comment I quoted.

I didn't imply anything, I made a clear statement of fact. In relation to so called "conversion therapy" bans. Mere counselling is caught up in that in many States. It is simply virtue signalling to throw out statements like "leave it to the trans community". Leaving it to the trans community results in terrible public policy such as this.

Old 11-28-2019, 05:19 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
To me, as well. We should both be extremely thankful it is! I can't imagine much worse than feeling like your body is/has betraying/betrayed you. Seems awfully hopeless, especially with something so central to who you are as gender.

I have to assume it is simply a horrible place to be.
I agree and no one should judge something they can never fully understand.

For anyone who cares to try to understand I suggest watching the program "I Am Jazz". It follows the transition of Jazz Jennings and gives a pretty good look into what it is like to be or what it is like to love someone who is transgender.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_Jennings

You cannot label all transgenders by pointing to just this one or just that one. The story of every single transgender person is unique and not something that should be legislated against as some have suggested.

That is not saying there shouldn't be standards as in you just can't slap a dress on a young boy and declare him a girl......it just doesn't happen that way and those who think it is that simple need to educate themselves and watching the story of Jazz Jennings is a good start.

As another poster mentioned, it is very complicated and far be it from me to have the audacity to pass judgment or make their lives harder by making light of their struggles or by looking down on them.

We should just accept them as they are and go on with our own lives and be thankful we are not walking in their shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies