Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 09:58 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times

Advertisements

I say it is Nancy Pelosi, that is bad news for the Democrats because she isn't running for the President. I can't think of one Democrat that is the leader or the face of the party and is running for the President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2019, 10:04 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Primaries haven't even started yet. By April you should have your answer.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:07 AM

10,066 posts, read 14,439,885 times
They are struggling to find a leader and struggling to find a clear message.

The "squad" has really taken over a lot of the media hype for the Democrats in 2019, although that has quieted down a bit. Most likely due to the isolation of voters and not a ton of overall Democratic voter support for fringe left, yet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is still out there in front of everyone a lot, so it could be argued she is the face currently.

Also, Adam Schiff is the face of the impeachment push by the Democrats.

This year has really seen the Democrats become truly unhinged by President Trump. It's amazing how far left they've tried to pull the party.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:10 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
They are struggling to find a leader and struggling to find a clear message.

The "squad" has really taken over a lot of the media hype for the Democrats in 2019, although that has quieted down a bit. Most likely due to the isolation of voters and not a ton of overall Democratic voter support for fringe left, yet.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is still out there in front of everyone a lot, so it could be argued she is the face currently.

Also, Adam Schiff is the face of the impeachment push by the Democrats.

This year has really seen the Democrats become truly unhinged by President Trump. It's amazing how far left they've tried to pull the party.
I agree. I'm a liberal Democrat and I can't understand Joe Biden's popularity. I hope Peter Buttgieg (sp?) pulls out the stops and grabs the nomination. What is the message? What is the vision? What are their suggestion solutions to whatever the vision is?

Old 11-27-2019, 10:17 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
The Libertarians have the real solution, but few Republicans and virtually no Democrats have either the reasoning to understand this, nor the courage to embrace it.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:17 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
The party itself is two faced so its doubtful there will be one that anyone can point to !!!

Old 11-27-2019, 10:18 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
has to be Hillary Clinton.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:18 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Biden has never represented the party because he was seen as non-competitive position of authority to Obama when he was chosen. For a party that is seen as anti old white male I'm not sure why Biden is up there.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:20 AM

10,066 posts, read 14,439,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I agree. I'm a liberal Democrat and I can't understand Joe Biden's popularity. I hope Peter Buttgieg (sp?) pulls out the stops and grabs the nomination. What is the message? What is the vision? What are their suggestion solutions to whatever the vision is?
Yeah, I like Buttigieg, and curious to hear about his message, more and more. He has incredible potential I think--just a bit green, but that will come in due time.

It would be refreshing if the Democrat party could rally around Buttigieg and unify next year. If they could do that, and Buttigieg becomes the nominee, it could be a good thing for Democrats. Not sure if he could beat Trump, though.

As for Biden, yeah, wow, I feel more and more that he has just been "forced out on stage" by the party, when he really just wants to sit in the audience. LOL

He is past his prime, and it is obvious out on the trail with all of his stumbling and fumbling of his words, his forgetfulness, and his obvious fatigue at times. I don't think he is a wise pick for the nominee at this point--go with Buttigieg, a fresh face, and the future.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:25 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
If you call it the “Democrat Party” it’s a tell that you’re not a Democrat, and that the thread is going to be a slam.

Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies