Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2020, 11:38 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Agreed but nowhere near as many as white American. And right-wing white Americans are always begging black Americans to jump on the bandwagon with them on immigration.

ITA agree with the bold. It's like dude I can make up my own mind. And it's done under the guise of "Do you know that they are taking away jobs from BLACK people?" Uh huh, and so are Asians when they open their hair stores in black neighborhoods, don't hire blacks, put all that money back into their OWN economy, and then treat blacks (who make up the majority of their clientele) like the lowest scum of the earth.

DISCLAIMER-I'm not talking about ALL Asians. #NotAll #NotAll #NotAll #NotAll #NotAll #NotAll #NotAll

Old 02-11-2020, 01:08 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
ITA agree with the bold. It's like dude I can make up my own mind. And it's done under the guise of "Do you know that they are taking away jobs from BLACK people?" Uh huh, and so are Asians when they open their hair stores in black neighborhoods, don't hire blacks, put all that money back into their OWN economy, and then treat blacks (who make up the majority of their clientele) like the lowest scum of the earth.

But we can guess what Republicans say to Asians and Latinos when we're not in the room, which is why we don't buy it.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
But we can guess what Republicans say to Asians and Latinos when we're not in the room, which is why we don't buy it.
Yes we can and they are more likely saying these statements to Asians than Latinos. Though with Latinos...............I'd say it's more of your white and mestizo Latinos than your black and mulatto Latinos.

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 02-15-2020 at 07:09 AM..

Old 02-15-2020, 08:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
I remember asking about cultural appropriation in an old thread. It seemed to have really become a big deal in 2016. Do you think that it’s accurate to an extent? Why or why not? Do you think the fuss will die off after the election?
There’s only “popular appropriation” or “cool appropriation.”

And black folks are just as guilty as everyone else when it comes to both phenomena. It’s an argument that I’m really getting sick of hearing. Black folks need to back the hell off that BS.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:44 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Which is why I refuse to join hands with conservatives on issues like illegal immigration.

Conservatives LOVE to say to blacks that illegal immigrants hurt blacks more, but when illegal immigrants were replacing whites in several industries across this country, they didn’t say a word. In fact, they voted Republican...the very people that these business owners appealed to to look the other way while they brought in their cheap labor forces to displace more expensive white workers.

Whites didn’t start getting mad over it until they realized that tens of millions of immigrant Latinos could change the cultural and political balance, and they got REAL scared about it. So NOW, they wanna make an appeal to African Americans to join hands with them to help end illegal immigration so as not to dilute white political power. They don’t really give a damn about African Americans.

I will not forget that in 1959, whites welcomed in hundreds of thousands of Hispanic Cubans into Jim Crow Florida and put them ahead of native African Americans in jobs, housing and civil administration positions all across Dade County. And other African Americans would do good to remember that time and that event because it foreshadows what’s gonna continue to happen elsewhere.

The truth of the matter is that white working class people are gonna lose this fight on immigration in the long run. Trump is just giving them a short respite. He can’t stop it or win it either. And if we jump into this fight to aid them in the fight against illegal immigration, we’ll take the blame for being anti immigrant when the war is lost. Whites will tell the Hispanics that it was African Americans all along who were the leaders in the fight. That way, they figure that it’ll help break any fragile coalition that blacks and Hispanics have in the Democratic Party.

Like you said in your post, I know damn well what they say about blacks to Hispanics and Asians when we aren’t in the room, and it’s not good. They are TRASHING us, and trashing us real bad. Anyone assuming otherwise is fooling themselves.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:59 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Illegal immigration hurts everyone. I don't care if your purple. My filipina wife is usually pretty pissed when she reads about all this furor from the democrats about leniency for illegals. She came here and did it through legal route which is expensive and a total pain in the ass.I worked with Mexicans most of my life,even they after becoming residents or citizens looked down on the ones trying to beat the "system"

We simply need to decide on a set of rules/laws which apply to all. Like my wife says... why are so many south Americans allowed here and not Asians? I checked into applying for her parents to come here on a visa for relatives...……..the wait for Mexicans is half what it is for Filipinos.
We cannot simply just open the faucet and let everyone in. set quotas for each country and set a limit for yearly allowances.
Good luck on the separate races/nationalities getting over their prejudice's. The whites bad mouth Asians,blacks,mexicans just as much as those people bad mouth each other,and whites. Its an individual thing. its a waste of time. I learned a long time ago you just simply take each individual at face value. A white person can and has screwed me over just as much if not more than a Mexican,asian or black.
50 years from now? who knows?

Old 02-15-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Illegal immigration hurts everyone. I don't care if your purple. My filipina wife is usually pretty pissed when she reads about all this furor from the democrats about leniency for illegals. She came here and did it through legal route which is expensive and a total pain in the ass.I worked with Mexicans most of my life,even they after becoming residents or citizens looked down on the ones trying to beat the "system"

We simply need to decide on a set of rules/laws which apply to all. Like my wife says... why are so many south Americans allowed here and not Asians? I checked into applying for her parents to come here on a visa for relatives...……..the wait for Mexicans is half what it is for Filipinos.
We cannot simply just open the faucet and let everyone in. set quotas for each country and set a limit for yearly allowances.
Good luck on the separate races/nationalities getting over their prejudice's. The whites bad mouth Asians,blacks,mexicans just as much as those people bad mouth each other,and whites. Its an individual thing. its a waste of time. I learned a long time ago you just simply take each individual at face value. A white person can and has screwed me over just as much if not more than a Mexican,asian or black.
50 years from now? who knows?
On the bold, there actually IS a growing population of Asian undocumented individuals and it's not expected to slow down anytime soon.

Obviously we cannot just take everyone in. No country can. Simply not enough room. That being said, I do think the way deportations are handled needs to be reviewed. It should have been reviewed with the Obama administration as well. But like desertdetroiter, I refuse to junk on that bandwagon with the Anglo Saxon population that pulls the "immigration affects blacks the most" card as I know that that particular segment of the white population doesn't care for me either and in fact is the same population trying to exterminate my race via other means such as sterilization.

Many illegal immigrants also come in as vacationers and just don't leave after that 90 day grace period.

I do think that a real dialogue does need to take place on reasonable policies. The current policies DO need to be reviewed. Bickering back and fourth hasn't gotten us anywhere (NOTE: I'm speaking in general, not in this particular discussion).

https://contexts.org/articles/undocu...n-the-shadows/

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...growth/432603/

Old 02-15-2020, 02:53 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Like you said in your post, I know damn well what they say about blacks to Hispanics and Asians when we aren’t in the room, and it’s not good. They are TRASHING us, and trashing us real bad. Anyone assuming otherwise is fooling themselves.
What do you think the model minority myth about Asian Americans was created for? Exactly what you've mentioned above.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:02 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
On the bold, there actually IS a growing population of Asian undocumented individuals and it's not expected to slow down anytime soon.

Obviously we cannot just take everyone in. No country can. Simply not enough room. That being said, I do think the way deportations are handled needs to be reviewed. It should have been reviewed with the Obama administration as well. But like desertdetroiter, I refuse to junk on that bandwagon with the Anglo Saxon population that pulls the "immigration affects blacks the most" card as I know that that particular segment of the white population doesn't care for me either and in fact is the same population trying to exterminate my race via other means such as sterilization.

Many illegal immigrants also come in as vacationers and just don't leave after that 90 day grace period.

I do think that a real dialogue does need to take place on reasonable policies. The current policies DO need to be reviewed. Bickering back and fourth hasn't gotten us anywhere (NOTE: I'm speaking in general, not in this particular discussion).

https://contexts.org/articles/undocu...n-the-shadows/

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...growth/432603/
saying immigration "affects blacks the most" is absurd...…….I just noticed this thread is supposed to be just for blacks. excuse my intrusion...…..

Old 02-15-2020, 05:41 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Which is why I refuse to join hands with conservatives on issues like illegal immigration.

Conservatives LOVE to say to blacks that illegal immigrants hurt blacks more, but when illegal immigrants were replacing whites in several industries across this country, they didn’t say a word. In fact, they voted Republican...the very people that these business owners appealed to to look the other way while they brought in their cheap labor forces to displace more expensive white workers.

Whites didn’t start getting mad over it until they realized that tens of millions of immigrant Latinos could change the cultural and political balance, and they got REAL scared about it. So NOW, they wanna make an appeal to African Americans to join hands with them to help end illegal immigration so as not to dilute white political power. They don’t really give a damn about African Americans.

I will not forget that in 1959, whites welcomed in hundreds of thousands of Hispanic Cubans into Jim Crow Florida and put them ahead of native African Americans in jobs, housing and civil administration positions all across Dade County. And other African Americans would do good to remember that time and that event because it foreshadows what’s gonna continue to happen elsewhere.

The truth of the matter is that white working class people are gonna lose this fight on immigration in the long run. Trump is just giving them a short respite. He can’t stop it or win it either. And if we jump into this fight to aid them in the fight against illegal immigration, we’ll take the blame for being anti immigrant when the war is lost. Whites will tell the Hispanics that it was African Americans all along who were the leaders in the fight. That way, they figure that it’ll help break any fragile coalition that blacks and Hispanics have in the Democratic Party.

On illegal immigration:

Illegal immigration is worth billions of dollars annually to businesses large and small across the US. Illegal labor is a multi-billion dollar industry.

Neither party is going to put a dent in that. Effectively eliminating illegal labor is not in the interest of business, and documenting immigrant labor is not in the interest of business.

Business wants illegal labor to stay illegal because that's how they get away with paying slave wages with zero employer taxes and zero employee benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies