Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2020, 03:52 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On he bold, if you didn't see both, you'd know what type it is lol.

What's the blue in reference to - showing your prejudice here I see and habit of generalizing black people as violent (FYI - your posts here would make me never want to be a group with you about any issue that is important to black people - you have very racist views of black people and you are an example of the type of white people I'm talking about in my comment above. I've dealt with people like you for over a decade in groups. You are tiring folks in real life, but entertaining online. In real life I get tired enough by my day to day life so don't allow people to be involved in groups I personally lead that are focused on black uplift who exhibit the types of attitudes and opinions that you exhibit. You are similar to many white people. Note I'm not mad or anything at you but I'm not a dummy and it is dumb to try to work with people who have an inferior view of you and your desires and your priorities. It also is useless because nothing will be accomplished except you exclaiming hurt feelings and becoming more invested in your prejudices).

I've mentioned in the thread, that I consider most white people in general to be racist so if you started your own groups and worked to reduce abuse harrassment by LEOs then I'd have no difference of opinion.
I did not and would not generalize such a thing, I stated a fact. People quietly gathering and getting laws passed is not as flashy to put on CNN as burning a city is it? Or a protest where nothing bad happens, that doesn't make the news. In fact that is often the point of making bad things happen.

And the reason I pointed it out is to counter YOUR racist narrative that is all over C/D.

You are saying we don't care those things and we do, we just don't get national coverage.

The media went into a frenzy over Trayvon Martin and made that case intentional assisting BLM to become noticed, AND it was highly funded with professional organizers/activists, not the grass roots movement it pretended to be. There is no way for any 'white group' to replicate such a thing.

Back to the original point, there is no such thing as a white group nor would I want there to be one. This is an issue of being American with rights that imo we need to be shoulder to shoulder in demanding.

I do think what another poster said is true that too many white people were complacent about police brutality and did at the end of the day believe that police almost all of the time were justified, but that has changed with more and more body cams, and more and more other types of video to see with their own two eyes that is not the case.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:35 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,775,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I see that, all of it, and I add one more, and this is especially important.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

That one is especially important. It shows all the more reason why none of us in America should be bigots. This goes along Matthew 7:12, the Golden Rule.

Yeah, people run from that one, too.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:42 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Yeah, people run from that one, too.
I'm not surprised. Adherence to it would actually mean changing the way one does things. It requires understanding, accepting, and believing that we're all equal in the eyes of Christ. People who are bigots would have to admit that they are doing wrong. Of course, then it means actually changing and doing better. And some people don't want to do better. Some people insist on keeping the racial hierarchy.

Old 02-27-2020, 05:03 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not surprised. Adherence to it would actually mean changing the way one does things. It requires understanding, accepting, and believing that we're all equal in the eyes of Christ. People who are bigots would have to admit that they are doing wrong. Of course, then it means actually changing and doing better. And some people don't want to do better. Some people insist on keeping the racial hierarchy.
There is no equality.
God did not create humans as equals, which is obvious based on mere observation and even more obvious when studying DNA, academic test scores, athletic ability, and comparing various nations & cultures from around the globe.

God created a diversity of human races & ethnic groups.
God also specifically singled out a single group to be his "chosen" people, at least if you believe the Torah.

Racial hierarchies only exist when divergent racial groups intermingle.
The only way to truly end racism & racial heirarchies is segregation. Every race or ethnic group should have their own separate land to occupy and rule. Boundaries and fences make for good neighbors, birds of a feather flock together, etc, you get the idea.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:20 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
There is no equality.
God did not create humans as equals, which is obvious based on mere observation and even more obvious when studying DNA, academic test scores, athletic ability, and comparing various nations & cultures from around the globe.

God created a diversity of human races & ethnic groups.
God also specifically singled out a single group to be his "chosen" people, at least if you believe the Torah.

Racial hierarchies only exist when divergent racial groups intermingle.
The only way to truly end racism & racial heirarchies is segregation. Every race or ethnic group should have their own separate land to occupy and rule. Boundaries and fences make for good neighbors, birds of a feather flock together, etc, you get the idea.
Galatians 3:28 says otherwise.

Racial hierarchies exist because man decides to create them and treat other people poorly based on race. And segregation was tried in the USA. Human rights violations was basically what is was.

Now for you. Why not just admit that YOU want segregation and the races to be separated.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:04 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,170,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
People down south definitely do care about their church. I'm in Louisiana and Mardi Gras just ended. Fat Tuesday, Catholics (my region is heavily Catholic) went buck wild. The next day (Ash Wednesday) they are all getting their ashes.

I proposed a question on Facebook. With what's going on in the black community and given the climate we are in, is it time for black people to do a purging of the Abrahamic faiths in favor of atheism, agnosticism, and deism?

I consider myself to be a Christian, however this is a question to ponder.
What benefit would it be for black people to purge ourselves for something as foreign as atheism or agnosticism etc? Those are extremely European and far from our roots which are certainly religious.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:11 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
What benefit would it be for black people to purge ourselves for something as foreign as atheism or agnosticism etc? Those are extremely European and far from our roots which are certainly religious.
Being a social scientist, it's a topic that has interested me. I'll admit that I'm weird lol. I've asked as data suggest that the more IRreligious a nation is the less discord it seems to have. If you look at countries with virtually no atheism, they tend to be very impoverished. The quality of life seems to be rather poor.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I did not and would not generalize such a thing, I stated a fact. People quietly gathering and getting laws passed is not as flashy to put on CNN as burning a city is it? Or a protest where nothing bad happens, that doesn't make the news. In fact that is often the point of making bad things happen.

And the reason I pointed it out is to counter YOUR racist narrative that is all over C/D.

You are saying we don't care those things and we do, we just don't get national coverage.

The media went into a frenzy over Trayvon Martin and made that case intentional assisting BLM to become noticed, AND it was highly funded with professional organizers/activists, not the grass roots movement it pretended to be. There is no way for any 'white group' to replicate such a thing.

Back to the original point, there is no such thing as a white group nor would I want there to be one. This is an issue of being American with rights that imo we need to be shoulder to shoulder in demanding.

I do think what another poster said is true that too many white people were complacent about police brutality and did at the end of the day believe that police almost all of the time were justified, but that has changed with more and more body cams, and more and more other types of video to see with their own two eyes that is not the case.
You gotta love these phones and tablets. People are recording EVERYTHING. Pretty soon, you won't even be able to write a death threat in a personal journal.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:16 PM

Default A bit of Black History-Negro Boys Industrial School fire

I'll admit that I had not heard about this one until recent, but Oh My Goodness!

https://encyclopediaofarkansas.net/e...-of-1959-5500/

https://katv.com/news/local/wrightsville-21

https://ualrexhibits.org/desegregati...l-school-fire/

Tragedies like this make it all the more reason that we need to be teaching our children their history.

Old 02-27-2020, 09:37 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,170,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Being a social scientist, it's a topic that has interested me. I'll admit that I'm weird lol. I've asked as data suggest that the more IRreligious a nation is the less discord it seems to have. If you look at countries with virtually no atheism, they tend to be very impoverished. The quality of life seems to be rather poor.
Most of the nations of Europe with significant atheism were colonial nations. Virtually all impoverished nations were colonized and or experienced slavery/indentured labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies