Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2019, 05:30 PM

72,845 posts, read 62,260,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
"If you don't like it here, you can leave!"

Don't you hate when people say that? Since when does criticizing an administration or POLICY mean that you dislike a nation all together?
I've heard that before too. One reason I'm careful about who I discuss politics with.

Old 11-30-2019, 09:40 PM

6,446 posts, read 4,024,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That’s the thing, I am interested in more than a few. Ghana, yes, but only because I have been there. Namibia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Nigeria...are also on my short list.
As much as I love Nigeria, as a Nigerian I would scratch it off my list, their are places Nigerians do really well within Nigeria and the diaspora and you got cities of the future in Africa like Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan(to a lesser extent), Uyo (Chinese supported city), Calabar(future tourist capital). But for every shining jewel in that country the corruptness of government leaves dozens of cities that seem to barely move forward even with some of them having wealth like my birthplace of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Ghana on the other hand, especially the Coastal Ghanaian Regions are seemingly miles ahead of Nigeria, Greater Accra region could easily gain developed status in the next 30-40 years. Regionshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ghanaian_regions_by_Human_Development_Inde x

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...elopment_Index
their leaders are moving the whole country rapidly in the right direction. Nigeria just has whole regions that are depressing, even by Naija standards.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:27 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,063,814 times
Quote:

Don't you hate when people say that? Since when does criticizing an administration or POLICY mean that you dislike a nation all together?
They can get bent. We’re gonna keep speaking out and we’re not going anywhere. They’re just gonna have to be mad.

Old 12-01-2019, 03:22 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
As much as I love Nigeria, as a Nigerian I would scratch it off my list, their are places Nigerians do really well within Nigeria and the diaspora and you got cities of the future in Africa like Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan(to a lesser extent), Uyo (Chinese supported city), Calabar(future tourist capital). But for every shining jewel in that country the corruptness of government leaves dozens of cities that seem to barely move forward even with some of them having wealth like my birthplace of Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Ghana on the other hand, especially the Coastal Ghanaian Regions are seemingly miles ahead of Nigeria, Greater Accra region could easily gain developed status in the next 30-40 years. Regionshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ghanaian_regions_by_Human_Development_Inde x

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...elopment_Index
their leaders are moving the whole country rapidly in the right direction. Nigeria just has whole regions that are depressing, even by Naija standards.
Yes, I know that about Nigeria. Nigeria has a huge population for Africa and is one of the fastest growing countries in the world. That creates the reality of really nice areas and really bad areas. Nigeria will grow to have developed and undeveloped areas, more of the latter.

Eventually, in the next few decades, Africa will be a place that many will be attracted to for more than just Safaris. Unfortunately, most African Americans will not find it attractive until whites give their okay by their starting businesses and living there. Then blacks will think it okay to do the same.

Lots of time blacks don’t value something until whites value it.

Old 12-01-2019, 03:51 AM

7,712 posts, read 12,570,031 times
Quote:
Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

It's been a while since I've posted and wanted to start a space for blacks (regardless of origin in the diaspora) to discuss politics and social status. My vision is for it to be similar to threads that I've started in the past by having some starter questions with other topics to eventually evolve from the initial questions.
I don't trust you. But since you asked.

Quote:
Do you identify as ADOS or are you descended from another region (West Indies, Africa, etc)?
Caribbean descent. American.

Quote:
Do you identify politically as a Democrat, Republic, Independent, or Other?
Independent Republican. I've lost trust in many Republicans cause most seem to be either establishment or moderate. Which is Democrat-lite to me.

Quote:
Do you identify as conservative, liberal, moderate, or other?
Conservative.

Quote:
What region are you currently located in?
The South.

Quote:
When it comes to illegal immigration, do you think that it's worse in some areas than others?
It's worse ALL over. You shouldn't be in this country illegally. It's as simple as that.

Quote:
Where do you primarily get your news from? (FOX, CNN, etc?)
I read everything so I can understand what my enemy is saying.

Quote:
Should black people form their own political parties?
As long as it's law abiding and they feel it's necessary. I don't agree with most black people so I stay away from their organizations.

Quote:
What's your stance on movements such as "BLEXIT" and the like?
While I doubt whether ADOS & Blexit are penetrating, it's more important that it sparks conversation. Democrats have held the political monopoly among African-Americans for generations with nothing to show for it and I'm elated we have alternative ideas presented and debated on social media and highlighted in African-American spaces.

Quote:
When it comes to the state of black Economics (depending on your area), what would you like to see change? What can we do to attain that? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Black people need to stop aligning themselves other minorities and relinquish ties with the Democrat Party until they start prioritizing the needs and values of African-Americans (which is going to be never). These foreigners have successfully taken over neighborhoods, businesses, and resources in our communities that were allocated for us to gain footholds in industries we were once discriminated against from entering. Now they have control and are reaping the financial rewards of black dollars. Certain black politicians and celebrities with vested interest want us to align with other minorities (who could care less about us) in some kumbaya entente with the Democratic Party to entice black voters. A large majority of black people are too brainwashed from generations of social conditioning to see different. Some don't want to cause it's easier complaining and being a victim than having to face the corruption around you and decide to do something about it. Personally, I've washed my hands of this bs. Too mentally exhausting for me.

Old 12-01-2019, 04:01 AM

7,712 posts, read 12,570,031 times
Quote:

Well if all you do is complain day in and day out for years on end about the supposed plight of your particular race, culture, religion, etc in a particular country, it stands to reason you can or should make plans to leave. I stand by my sentiments, black people love complaining and being victimized rather than doing something about the issues we face.

Old 12-01-2019, 04:38 AM

58,679 posts, read 26,957,041 times
Quote:
Had someone in the APA community started a similar thread, I don’t think I that it would cause as much offense.
You just lost ALL credibility with me.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:05 AM

3,087 posts, read 3,208,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You just lost ALL credibility with me.
I don’t recall ever SEEKING credibility from you so............

Old 12-01-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't trust you. But since you asked.
Can I ask why you don’t trust me?
Quote:
Caribbean descent. American.

Independent Republican. I've lost trust in many Republicans cause most seem to be either establishment or moderate. Which is Democrat-lite to me.
I would argue that there are moderate republicans just like there are moderate democrats
Quote:
Conservative.

The South.

It's worse ALL over. You shouldn't be in this country illegally. It's as simple as that.
So now the next question is what can be done to see that they are atleast attaining resident status? Citizenship often takes years
Quote:
I read everything so I can understand what my enemy is saying.

As long as it's law abiding and they feel it's necessary. I don't agree with most black people so I stay away from their organizations.
Ive criticized black organizations in the past as well. Many of them are all talk with no action
Quote:
While I doubt whether ADOS & Blexit are penetrating, it's more important that it sparks conversation. Democrats have held the political monopoly among African-Americans for generations with nothing to show for it and I'm elated we have alternative ideas presented and debated on social media and highlighted in African-American spaces.

Black people need to stop aligning themselves other minorities and relinquish ties with the Democrat Party until they start prioritizing the needs and values of African-Americans (which is going to be never). These foreigners have successfully taken over neighborhoods, businesses, and resources in our communities that were allocated for us to gain footholds in industries we were once discriminated against from entering. Now they have control and are reaping the financial rewards of black dollars.
I would argue that this could happen with or without illegal immigration. While I agree that we should prioritize ourselves, I don’t know if totally dismissing all other minorities is the way to go (not saying that you are doing that, I’m just saying be careful)
Quote:
Certain black politicians and celebrities with vested interest want us to align with other minorities (who could care less about us)
There are plenty of black Central Americans and West Indians who don’t care for black ADOS, let’s not forget.
Quote:
in some kumbaya entente with the Democratic Party to entice black voters. A large majority of black people are too brainwashed from generations of social conditioning to see different. Some don't want to cause it's easier complaining and being a victim than having to face the corruption around you and decide to do something about it. Personally, I've washed my hands of this bs. Too mentally exhausting for me.

To be fair, illegal immigration has been on the decline for a while now (a number of years actually). That said, At a seminar that I recently attended, it was reported that as much as 25% of Chinese and Korean immigrants are undocumented. Why do you think that they manage to stay under the radar?

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-25-2019 at 02:40 AM..

Old 12-01-2019, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Well if all you do is complain day in and day out for years on end about the supposed plight of your particular race, culture, religion, etc in a particular country, it stands to reason you can or should make plans to leave. I stand by my sentiments, black people love complaining and being victimized rather than doing something about the issues we face.
I would say that some things are worth calling out. That said, I don’t trust most of these black race pimps on YouTube.

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 12-01-2019 at 06:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies