Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2019, 01:13 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,225,500 times

Advertisements

Empire had been on a downward spiral well before.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:22 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovementGuy View Post
Still waiting for DSJJ to post evidence to back up his claims
What's your movement about guy?

Old 12-30-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Empire. A black friend says it's terrible because it's black people singing and dancing and being thugs. Stereotypes.

I love the music.
The music is okay but I stopped following the show early on.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:26 PM

Tyler Perry was mentioned. HAHN and If Loving You Is Wrong are both pretty crappy, yet people LOVE both of those shows.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your links simply said people didn't like him and thought he was doing everything for a check and media attention , they didn't claim he was a secret government agent , that was all you.
My research seems to indicate who was doing J some dirty work with an attorney but he doesn’t appear to have been working directly for the US Secret Service.

Quote:
Post evidence or shut up about your lies
How about this? As the discussion head/OP, how about I see what I can find so that we can settle this once and for all?

Old 12-30-2019, 01:52 PM

Default Interracial dating/marriage agenda

It’s no secret that we see more interracial couples on prime time TV (mainly BM/WW and WM/BW). Do you think that there is an attempt to perpetuate an idea that black men and women are not compatible together? That those couples don’t last? How do you feel about IR dating and marriage I’m general. Let’s talk.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:07 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
It’s no secret that we see more interracial couples on prime time TV (mainly BM/WW and WM/BW). Do you think that there is an attempt to perpetuate an idea that black men and women are not compatible together? That those couples don’t last? How do you feel about IR dating and marriage I’m general. Let’s talk.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No! They are normalizing inter-racial dating to make it easier for the many many real life people dating that way. Same with showing gay and TG and so forth. It's easier to break a taboo when you see it on TV not being a taboo. Or if you're feeling like no one is like you, BOOM, there they are on prime time.

It was taboo for me. The way I was raised, where I went to school, work. No one did that. I can't be sure, but I think TV and movies helped me expand.

It coincides with where I live that gets blacker by the day, so it's hard to tell.

A different taboo used to be that for a time,inter-racial dating was almost always black man/white female. Hardly ever the other way around. Which made black women really angry. They would say we are already limited on good men and white women taking them made them furious. I was actually physically beaten over this many years ago.

Anyway now there is more of the other way around and I have found black women to be VERY accepting of me now. I don't know what all went into that change besides black women starting to date white men.

There are still some that get mad. I forget his name, a football player, his wife is white and he gets flak for it.

Will Smith, until the movie Focus, would not be with a white woman onscreen out of respect for black women.

IIRC, until Flight, Denzel would not either.

In no way shape or form are they trying to say that black men and women are not compatible. They are trying to model a world where race has no meaning. And it's like AA to have 17 out of 24 Drs. be black. That is not real life but it's a good model for people to see.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:23 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
EMPIRE is on its last leg. And I still don’t know how the hell Taraji keeps winning lead actress on a drama series for that show. I probably won’t watch the NAACP Image awards in 2020 for that very reason. I’m also tired of seeing Tracee Ellis Ross win it for lead actress in a comedy series. IMO you aren’t celebrating black excellence when you have the same nominees and winners.
On a Google search, there seem to only about about 20 active black shows . So idk, it's hard to argue with top 5 or so when there is so little to choose from .

I also forgot about Insecure on HBO and Dear White people on Netflix .

Both a atleast in my top 10, although I will say Dear White people isn't as good as the first season . Grown-ish works better overall in the college setting

Old 12-30-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Post your evidence
That Dear White People went down hill, that's just my opinion. You are free to have your own

Old 12-30-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Post your evidence if you’re gonna call me and others liars
I told you that you liked about Dear White people ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies