Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2019, 05:20 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovementGuy View Post
They fraudulently represented us by labeling us "Black Lives Matter" when in fact we were other Movements. I was 'The Movement.' Darren and people from Ferguson were 'Ferguson.'

They lied about affiliations so that they could use their own spokesperson, Deray McKesson, to represent our 'Movements.'

We knew that he was lying on us, via media the whole time. But it wasn't until the DNC e-mail hack (where their internal e-mails were released) that we found out he was a federal informant the whole time.

https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/782

He was the guy who got smacked and ran out of Ferguson.
Well, although I don't completely understand, it feels like......they are never going to let black people have a movement of your own.

But one of the things that is confusing is BLM did a lot of protests that were out of line. Blocking freeways, I don't remember what else. Who organized the 'Burn this b^tch down' riot? That is not a good public image.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:27 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,222,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Figures this thread would start bending over to entertainment/black entertainers. That's why I stay out. Blacks seem to enjoy over the top, stereotypical entertainment when it's really the whites demanding it. But then that's on us. We never want to see the truth about our own lives.
I wouldn’t say that it’s bending over to black entertainers. Some have actually criticized the state of black television today.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:33 PM

Why did BLM not want any white people around them/with them? Other black movements I can understand, but police brutality affects everyone. We're stronger together regarding refusing to tolerate that anymore.

I will say this. White people were complacent about it. Maybe they thought the victims (and I mean white victims) had it coming. At least black people were willing to say hell no to more of that. I just think that white people need to be shoulder to shoulder. WE THE PEOPLE, no matter our race or class or anything should not have to fear getting killed by the police.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Second chance act. Dems locked black people up.

Trump is pardoning and reducing sentences and helping people after prison to be able to work and have a life
Dems have not had governing control of the US on a congressional level in 40 years. None of the things you are blaming on Dems could be passed without Republican support.

Name the specific law you claim dems supported that "locked black people up". It likely had majority Republican support as well.

Quote:
Record low unemployment among blacks.
That is not Trumps accomplishment. Black unemployment had been dropping for i believe the last 5 years under President Obama.

You are giving Trump credit for the end result.

If you want that in real world numbers,under Obama black people got 3.4 million net jobs to 700,000 for Trump.

Quote:
Billions to revitalize communities themselves rather than whites coming in and gentrifying.
All those programs existed before Trump, you just didnt care back then.

Quote:
There is more that I don't remember. I asked a black Trump fan WHY and he told me and I was like wow, that is cool.
He like others, didnt care before Trump, but that didnt make any of it Trumps doing.

Nothing wrong with joining politics late, but I genuinely dont understand pretending someone is responsible for something they had nothing or little to do with.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Why did black wealth decline under Obama? I'm not defending Trump at all, just stating reality.
The recession started in 2007 and ended in june of 2019. So yes, net wealth would have declined during the Obama administration if , for example, you were a black person who lost your home in February of 2009.

Barack Obama clearly wasnt responsible for the recession, but he was president when it bottomed out. So all the worst numbers at the end of the recession are all when he took office.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:46 PM

A person can be glad about specific policies or actions w/o supporting them as a whole. Trump is not a traditional Republican. He's not a traditional anything. He just does what he wants. Some of those things happen to be good.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Do you know that he worked with individuals responsible for that crash? And didn't hold them accountable?

Also, do you know he could've done things to balance out the economy, without rewarding those who caused the crash, for their corruption?

Also, Black Lives Matter happened under his watch. He sabotaged us economically not just politically and socially.
Mr. Wall Street was a disaster for race relations.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
That is a criticism I can agree with. I'm not going to say he was killing Americans or doing things other presidents did, but I think his need to be "accepted" kept him from being a strong leader. I don't know how much I can fault him due to the racism in this country, but we elected him for change, not to just be another president.

I don't think Trump is really tackling the issue either, if that is your argument, but it doesn't absolve Obama. I think the numbers Trump is using are inflated, as I don't think the economy is truly improving. But its not all Obama's or Trump's fault. Some things were set in motion before any of them became president.

What are your criticisms of Trump?

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politic...218-story.html
Too many to name to the bolded.

I wasn't trying to compare Obama and Trump. I was separately commenting about each one. I can't even say I had high hopes for Obama because I didn't love him during the campaign. He lied a few times which is a real turn off. And the zombie like adoration for his rock star persona was a turn off to me as well. Although that is not his fault.

People were like he said he's going to end the wars I was like no he didn't. He said he is going to SHIFT them. Move them around.

I'd like to know what people think he did for the black community because I don't know of anything.

'Trayvon could have been my son' was a disaster. I am begging we do not get into arguing that case again here in this thread, I just wanted to say he shouldn't have interjected. It was already so divisive from the media.

I'm not arguing that Trump is tackling racism. I posted above what a black Trump supporter said as to why and I agree those actions/policies are good. I've always been disturbed by people with insane sentences in relation to what they did (or didn't do in some cases) do. I have always held it against the Clintons that Bill passed that Crime Bill and Hillary supported it.

Crack getting 10X the amount of time as cocaine or whatever that was CLEARLY aimed at locking black people up. Sometimes women who didn't even know their bf had some in a closet in there for 20 years. I don't even have words for how infuriating that is and so many black people gave her a pass - I'll never understand.

The 'super-predator' remark is as racist as it gets. That was one of the things BLM wanted to talk to her about when she was running and she blew them off. She blew everyone off that had legit questions at debates. I didn't want Trump but I couldn't vote for her either.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Do you know that he worked with individuals responsible for that crash? And didn't hold them accountable?

Also, do you know he could've done things to balance out the economy, without rewarding those who caused the crash, for their corruption?

Also, Black Lives Matter happened under his watch. He sabotaged us economically not just politically and socially.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/02/27/inv...ing/index.html

https://twitter.com/DwayneDavidPaul/...93136060755968
Lets not talk in generalities and say someone could have did "things", name the policy proposal you support .Same for the "people" you say he worked with.

Also, Lets be clear here, Barack Obama is not responsible for the way companies spent their own money or contracts written up before the crash. Like it or not, it would absolutely be illegal for companies to tell their employees that they would not pay them their contractual wages just because the company was being bailed out.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post

I'd like to know what people think he did for the black community because I don't know of anything.
All the things you gave trump credit for started under the Obama administration. Even the legislation to change drug laws started with him, but again, people who dont like politics or more specifically, dont like a particular party, completely ignore things like that.

Quote:
'Trayvon could have been my son' was a disaster. I am begging we do not get into arguing that case again here in this thread, I just wanted to say he shouldn't have interjected. It was already so divisive from the media.
Obama's comment wasnt controversial, anytime a child dies, people interject by saying it could have been your kid/my kid.

It was a problem because racist white people have no empathy

Quote:
I have always held it against the Clintons that Bill passed that Crime Bill and Hillary supported it.

Crack getting 10X the amount of time as cocaine or whatever that was CLEARLY aimed at locking black people up. Sometimes women who didn't even know their bf had some in a closet in there for 20 years. I don't even have words for how infuriating that is and so many black people gave her a pass - I'll never understand.

The 'super-predator' remark is as racist as it gets. That was one of the things BLM wanted to talk to her about when she was running and she blew them off. She blew everyone off that had legit questions at debates. I didn't want Trump but I couldn't vote for her either.
That version of the crime bill passed with all but 2 Republican votes in the Senate and a voice vote in the House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies