Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 05:52 AM

9,006 posts, read 4,683,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Why would they actually need to see him to make up lies about him?
What is a better question is: why anyone believes anything the Left says about him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I’ve seen presidents visit Ramstein and Rhein Main Airbases, and the crowds were just as enthusiastic for one president as the other regardless of party.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/if-tru...military-stand
Quote:
6 Oct 2019
Recent polling shows that among military veterans, approval ratings for Trump are higher than among the civilian population. In my experience, the support for Donald Trump among a large segment of the U.S. military is downright cult-like.

None of this makes sense. Trump is everything the U.S. military should despise: a draft dodger, adulterer, flabby, lazy, unread, a tabloid joke for decades, and TV reality show star. During the 2016 campaign, Trump sought to brandish his non-existent national security chops by insulting Barack Obama’s generals. “I know more about ISIS than the generals do. The generals have been reduced to rubble. They have been reduced to a point where it’s embarrassing for our country.” He hinted that as president, he would fire them. “They’d probably be different generals,” he said at NBC’s pre-election Commander-in-Chief Forum.

The man with a decades-long public record of immoral and unethical behavior, who had never served in uniform or undertook any public service to his country, tweeted juvenile insults about retired four-star generals like Colin Powell, John Allen, Stanley McChrystal, Michael Hayden and Martin Dempsey. Several of these decorated, battle-hardened generals, were life-long Republicans who had devoted their lives to serving their country. Yet they believed so strongly that Trump was a national security danger they took the extraordinary step of breaking with military tradition to criticize him publicly.

In normal times, this would have dealt a severe blow to any campaign and made a serious dent in support among the military. But the attacks by the generals, and Trump’s willingness to return fire, only endeared him to the rank and file more.
I should note that the article was written by a deep state guy (a female is still a guy, when they are "out with the guys" at least they were back when I was working with them) who doesn't seem (from what I read) to like Trump
I rest my case.

Last edited by TRex2; 11-30-2019 at 06:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2019, 07:17 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,554,472 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Vy...&feature=share

And like always Trump makes it all about him not the troops who can’t be with their families.

Big surprise there.

Old 11-30-2019, 07:45 AM

15,870 posts, read 6,569,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So we have reporters reporting Trump is playing golf, even though they don't actually see him. Maybe he is not playing golf as much as is being reported.

Maybe Trump sent the motorcade to the golf course while heading to Afghanistan as a distraction.

CBS reporter Mark Knoller on the 27th...

https://twitter.com/markknoller/stat...14808368631808
I suppose we should be proud of DJT skipping one of his multitude of tax dollar wasting golf outings to travel to Afghanistan? Yeah, right.

Old 11-30-2019, 07:48 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,868,796 times
So Trump's big announcement about a deal and ceasefire is a surprise to involved.

https://twitter.com/TheWashingtonRT/...50094619951105

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 11-30-2019 at 08:49 AM..

Old 11-30-2019, 08:36 AM

45,630 posts, read 27,240,441 times
For anyone interested in some of the details...

Air Force One touched down in Afghanistan at 11:03 AM EST after a 13 hour overnight trip from JBA. Details of how POTUS snuck out of Mar a Lago are still a secret, but he flew out of an undisclosed airport in Florida on an off-the-record plane at 7:20 PM EST Wednesday evening

It was bare-bones, except for four blue leather chairs and a moderately fancy port-a-potty that had been brought in for the occasion.

Security precautions were taken to the extreme. Everyone’s cellular devices, including the handful of senior White House officials on the flight, were taken before boarding the plane. President Trump greeted the crew and even stayed in the cockpit for takeoff.

After landing at JBA at approximately 9:30 PM EST, the President boarded Air Force One, which was hidden inside a hanger instead of being lit up as usual on the tarmac. AF1 was wheels up at 10:08 PM EST with all interior lights off and windows drawn.

To keep suspicions at bay, the White House scheduled tweets to be sent from the President’s twitter account during the many hours that he did not have access to the internet.

- WH Pool

Old 11-30-2019, 08:42 AM

45,630 posts, read 27,240,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I suppose we should be proud of DJT skipping one of his multitude of tax dollar wasting golf outings to travel to Afghanistan? Yeah, right.
What you should take from this is the press is reporting that the president is golfing, but it wasn't true here. How do we know this hasn't happened before?

You don't have to be proud...

honestly, as much as the press loathes normal conservative people - I thought this was great.

Old 11-30-2019, 08:46 AM

9,006 posts, read 4,683,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
And like always Trump makes it all about him not the troops who can’t be with their families.
Big surprise there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I suppose if your a communist, that would be your take on it.

Old 11-30-2019, 09:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,627,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
For anyone interested in some of the details...

Air Force One touched down in Afghanistan at 11:03 AM EST after a 13 hour overnight trip from JBA. Details of how POTUS snuck out of Mar a Lago are still a secret, but he flew out of an undisclosed airport in Florida on an off-the-record plane at 7:20 PM EST Wednesday evening

It was bare-bones, except for four blue leather chairs and a moderately fancy port-a-potty that had been brought in for the occasion.

Security precautions were taken to the extreme. Everyone’s cellular devices, including the handful of senior White House officials on the flight, were taken before boarding the plane. President Trump greeted the crew and even stayed in the cockpit for takeoff.

After landing at JBA at approximately 9:30 PM EST, the President boarded Air Force One, which was hidden inside a hanger instead of being lit up as usual on the tarmac. AF1 was wheels up at 10:08 PM EST with all interior lights off and windows drawn.

To keep suspicions at bay, the White House scheduled tweets to be sent from the President’s twitter account during the many hours that he did not have access to the internet.

- WH Pool
Very strange.

Old 11-30-2019, 03:39 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,151,435 times
Good news. Jessica Kwong, who falsely claimed Trump was "golfing and tweeting" has just been fired for spreading fake news. I'm glad to see that these TDS-afflicted liars are starting to be held accountable.

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/statu...35840051699714

Old 11-30-2019, 03:44 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,578,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
https://www.thedailybeast.com/if-tru...military-stand

I should note that the article was written by a deep state guy (a female is still a guy, when they are "out with the guys" at least they were back when I was working with them) who doesn't seem (from what I read) to like Trump
I rest my case.
Doesn't matter who wrote it. It was a good article and exposed Trump for what he is and wondered why the Military would support such a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies