Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 02:59 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The OP’s link is a known source of fake news and promoter of conspiracy theories unrelated to natural foods.
Natural News is more than natural foods. Can you cite a link for any problem with what Mike Adams reports?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2019, 03:06 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
OP left out the most important part of this bill which is in red below. This is a proposed bill and most proposals don't pass.

This law is specific to Civil Disorder and Paramilitary. Below is the proposed bill with red font for the parts that OP "forgot" to include.

Bill Tracking - 2020 session > Legislation

§ 18.2-433.2. Paramilitary activity prohibited; penalty.
A person shall be is guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity, punishable as a Class 5 felony if he:
1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder;

2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.
So they also want to ban your freedom of speech and to assemble.

Old 11-29-2019, 03:59 PM

6,980 posts, read 2,703,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
My home state, a once solid red and wonderful place to live, has gone off the deep end as it turns bright blue. This proposed law will be put before the state senate in January of 2020..

The law says that a person “is guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity” (a class 5 felony) if that person:
“Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-11-...tion-sb64.html

I will be curious to see how this plays out. It goes along with a proposed gun ban that 21 counties have already pledged to not enforce........could it be the beginning of the next Revolutionary War...? And is this coming soon to a state near you...?
Jerry Piddington taught me karate when I was a kid back in 1973 at his studio in Richmond Virginia. Glad I got my training in before it becomes illegal.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:32 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
forgetting for the moment it violates the right to free association, the verbage is completely subjective and open to interpretation by enforcement agencies.
Exactly. The added verbiage didnt make the law more palatable.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:33 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
OP left out the most important part of this bill which is in red below. This is a proposed bill and most proposals don't pass.

This law is specific to Civil Disorder and Paramilitary. Below is the proposed bill with red font for the parts that OP "forgot" to include.

Bill Tracking - 2020 session > Legislation

§ 18.2-433.2. Paramilitary activity prohibited; penalty.
A person is guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity, punishable as a Class 5 felony if he:
1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, ormaking of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder;

2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or furtherance of, a civil disorder; or

3. Assembles with one or more personswith the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof.
You have it wrong. Parts 1 and 2 are Already the law. The proposed bill adds part 3. For or against, that's the proposed bill, part 3.

Old 11-29-2019, 07:26 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Quote:
My home state, a once solid red and wonderful place to live, has gone off the deep end as it turns bright blue. This proposed law will be put before the state senate in January of 2020..

The law says that a person “is guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity” (a class 5 felony) if that person:
“Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons.

I will be curious to see how this plays out. It goes along with a proposed gun ban that 21 counties have already pledged to not enforce........could it be the beginning of the next Revolutionary War...? And is this coming soon to a state near you...?
Your title line is very misleading. I hope you know that "martial arts" usually refers to things like judo, karate, and kung fu?

Old 11-29-2019, 07:46 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-11-...tion-sb64.html

My following comments are presented as though the term, "martial arts" in the thread title is used according to its correct meaning, involving hand-to-hand combat. No firearms, explosives or knives involved.

I'd like to see the promoters of this absurd law give even one example where anyone with martial arts training committed an act of violence against another person, that wasn't in self-defense or in the defense of someone else. When you take instruction in martial arts, you also are schooled in the ethics that require you to use your skills only to serve good purposes.

Old 11-29-2019, 08:28 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
My following comments are presented as though the term, "martial arts" in the thread title is used according to its correct meaning, involving hand-to-hand combat. No firearms, explosives or knives involved.

I'd like to see the promoters of this absurd law give even one example where anyone with martial arts training committed an act of violence against another person, that wasn't in self-defense or in the defense of someone else. When you take instruction in martial arts, you also are schooled in the ethics that require you to use your skills only to serve good purposes.
Will Virginia allow this:

"US self-defence expert banned from entering UK"
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-18002220

Old 11-30-2019, 08:31 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
When you take instruction in martial arts, you also are schooled in the ethics that require you to use your skills only to serve good purposes.
Exactly....

Old 11-30-2019, 09:26 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
The key phrase in the bill is "intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder". I should think normal self-defense training would still be allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies