Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 01:32 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Any other republican president would appoint judges that agree with their politics. That is completely ruling by 'feelings' which conservatives tend to do.

Sorry, stating that trump said mean words in a decision that is supposed to made by the law, is not the same of which you speak. But I'm sure you know that.

Quote:
Any other republican president would have voted for the 1% and corporations to give themselves a YUGE tx cut.
Quote:
Yawn.

Any other republican president might NOT have made it their practice to separate children from their parents and then lose them or adopt them out. That is pure Trumpism.

Complete 100% lie! Maybe you just don't care or just have a short memory. Those kids that were in cages, that the leftist/dem/liberal media portrayed as bieng "look what trump is doing"...was ALL done on obamas watch....sorry..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2019, 01:32 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Harvard Law School/Harvard University isn't "most colleges and universities." If you take a look at the current GPA statistics for Harvard Law School, you'll see that they are 3.96/3.89/3.79 (75th/50th/25th percentiles): https://hls.harvard.edu/dept/jdadmis...ile-and-facts/

Granted, Barack Hussein Obama graduated in 1991, but its hard to believe that the GPA statistics changed much over the years. Not at a school like Harvard.

Thus, try again.

Also, no, stating that someone does well at Harvard does NOT mean that they were qualified to be there. Qualifications for admittance are judged in the admittance period. I can mess around in high school and graduate with a 2.5 GPA, but after gaining admittance to Harvard following daddy's donation, I graduate with a 3.8 GPA from Harvard. But my performance while at Harvard does not mean that I was qualified to gain admittance to begin with.

Again, try again.
Sadly, you do not appear to understand how college admissions works.

Like most graduate programs, in addition to GPA, Harvard Law School evaluates LSAT scores/GRE scores, transcripts, resume, personal statement, and letters of recommendation of applicants.

Obviously, Obama was qualified for admission as he was admitted.

Obviously, he was qualified to be a Harvard Law student as he did quite well both in Harvard Law School and later out in the world.

While you and Kushner may have gained admission to college via a donation from your father, it is highly unlikely that Obama did. His family did not have that kind of money. He gained admission through his own efforts.

Also, not to make too fine a point of it, he was elected POTUS without any assistance from Putin.

Old 11-30-2019, 01:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sorry, stating that trump said mean words in a decision that is supposed to made by the law, is not the same of which you speak. But I'm sure you know that.

Complete 100% lie! Maybe you just don't care or just have a short memory. Those kids that were in cages, that the leftist/dem/liberal media portrayed as bieng "look what trump is doing"...was ALL done on obamas watch....sorry..
Another lie. The Obama administration had no POLICY of strict family separation. The Trump administration did. Or perhaps still does.

There are still families they can't reunite because they had no method of tracking where the children went.

Complete and total savagry combined with ineptness.

Old 11-30-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Another lie. The Obama administration had no POLICY of strict family separation. The Trump administration did. Or perhaps still does.

There are still families they can't reunite because they had no method of tracking where the children went.

Complete and total savagry combined with ineptness.

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Quote:
Last summer, for instance, images went viral showing young migrant children lying sprawled on flimsy mattresses, caged behind the metal fencing. Though critics rushed to condemn the Trump administration, it quickly emerged that the images were from 2014, during the Obama administration, and that the children had arrived at the border unaccompanied and were awaiting processing in the facilities.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...n-cages-2019-6

Old 11-30-2019, 01:50 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sadly, you do not appear to understand how college admissions works.

Like most graduate programs, in addition to GPA, Harvard Law School evaluates LSAT scores/GRE scores, transcripts, resume, personal statement, and letters of recommendation of applicants.

Obviously, Obama was qualified for admission as he was admitted.

Obviously, he was qualified to be a Harvard Law student as he did quite well both in Harvard Law School and later out in the world.

While you and Kushner may have gained admission to college via a donation from your father, it is highly unlikely that Obama did. His family did not have that kind of money. He gained admission through his own efforts.

Also, not to make too fine a point of it, he was elected POTUS without any assistance from Putin.
As one who attended an Ivy League university and T-1 law school, yes, I am keenly aware of how the college and law school admissions process works.

Particularly at the top colleges and universities, GPA and standardized test scores are paramount. Extracurricular activities, personal statements, recommendation letters, etc., are secondary and help set students apart from each other. But, again particularly at these top tier institutions, those are secondary and generally don't excuse low grades or standardized test scores. Of course--and this has been proven time and time again--being a minority also counts, and Harvard College (as a specific example) openly admits to such, though they call it breaking the cycle instead of discrimination

Quote:
[The Harvard admissions representative] said Harvard sends recruitment letters to African-American, Native American and Hispanic high schoolers with mid-range SAT scores, around 1100 on math and verbal combined out of a possible 1600, CNN reported.

Asian-Americans only receive a recruitment letter if they score at least 250 points higher — 1350 for women, and 1380 for men
https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/harvar...based-on-race/

The role of GPA and standardized test scores only become even more important when we get to graduate and professional school, to include law school, particularly at top tier schools like Harvard.

Obama didn't gain admission via his money as he didn't have any, but his race was a major factor in his admission based on what we know about his grades relative to the competition. My point is that if you're going to call out Kushner for getting in due to his dad's donation (which, as I mentioned, at least provided assistance to other students going forward), its only fair to point out that Barack didn't get in based off of merit either. To suggest otherwise in the face of the available evidence is laughable.

Old 11-30-2019, 01:54 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Jared and Ivanka know the Loony Left jackals are always looking for them. Jared has said that he just keeps his head down and does his work.

Old 11-30-2019, 01:57 PM

10,744 posts, read 4,342,219 times
Jared is the smartest person of his generation. Watch him in interviews, you'll learn a lot.

Old 11-30-2019, 02:44 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Jared is the smartest person of his generation. Watch him in interviews, you'll learn a lot.
I’ve only heard him speak maybe once, doesn’t seem like the brightest bulb. They are sure protective of him for someone of such enormous intelligence. I would like to see someone with an education and foreign affairs experience advising Trump, call me crazy.

Old 11-30-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I’ve only heard him speak maybe once, doesn’t seem like the brightest bulb. They are sure protective of him for someone of such enormous intelligence. I would like to see someone with an education and foreign affairs experience advising Trump, call me crazy.

Don't you support AOC and the left? Now you made me laugh.....

Old 11-30-2019, 03:37 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Don't you support AOC and the left? Now you made me laugh.....
We know you support Trump! Now that made me laugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies